[OFFER] Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 fixed BIOS 9903, modded with NVMe + others

Sorry…I don’t know what that means…what private data? So I’m currently on the 9903 modded bios…so I can’t just flash the one you linked?

If I can’t just flash your rom… I’m a bit too old to start a crash course in firmware editing.

@2Old2Slow, MAC address network interfase, S/N, UUID.

So those need to be inserted into that 3603 rom somehow…I don’t think I’d be safe attempting that or where to find those in the rom…I appreciate the effort but I really don’t want to brick my board

Sorry man need to sleep…car race tomorrow…lol

No offence taken :slight_smile:
The mod in this thread is for the board you have. I would be very careful with other files. If MAC addresses are wiped it’s not designed for this board…

@2Old2Slow, O.K., tomorrow reload P8Z68-V-GEN3-ASUS-3603_mod.zip, I insert correct data to BIOS.
@Iken, I get REAL data from my old Asus mobo and insert it to this BIOS. I worred about MAC address 88:88…87:88

I pmd you… I’m concerned about the Mac address issue you mentioned your worried about…that worries me … I’m happy to try it as long as it still allows me to flash back if it doesn’t work somehow. Is the mobo the 3603 bios came from the same as mine
P8z68v-gen3?

I just looked at the 3603 file…it’s a bin file not a rom so it won’t flash using EZ Flash 2 I’m pretty sure…or will it?

[quote=“2Old2Slow, post:70, topic:35095”]
it’s a bin file not a rom so it won’t flash using EZ Flash 2 I’m pretty sure…or will it?[/quote]
@2Old2Slow, I dont use EZflash. you can rename *.bin to *.rom And dont worry about MAC address, I insert it to BIOS correctly.

Ok… I’ll do it later…wife still in bed…lol…if it fails I can reflash back can’t I…?

@2Old2Slow, dont worrry, ALL will good.

So the original link you put up is the one you’ve now fixed for MAC etc?

[quote=“2Old2Slow, post:74, topic:35095, full:true”]
So the original link you put up is the one you’ve now fixed for MAC etc?[/quote]
@2Old2Slow, yes, already correct.
04.02.2023 13:53 8 388 608 P8Z68-V-GEN3-ASUS-3603_mod.bin

For anyone who may still want to use the Asus P8z68v-gen3…the 3603mod rom linked above DOES work with iGPU and discrete GPU now working in dual monitor mode. Plus a lot of new settings I have no idea how to use…thanks @Iken for starting this thread … I’m new here so unsure of the thread protocols…and thanks to @Michael_Code for persevering with me and effectively modding the 3603 fw just for me it seems…now to work out what all the extra settings do.

@Michael_Code I just realised…is this the standard bios for the z68v-gen3 (modded) but does it support nvme boot…oops I think I PMD you about this as well…sorry.

@2Old2Slow, yes, this is standard 3603, only modded, support NVMe, insert EFI GOP drivers (Graphic Output Protocol) for Ivy and Sandy iGPU. I dont know why, but standart BIOS hadnt its. Switch ON to MultiMonitor mode.

Thanks yes dual monitors work fine…I guess I’ll have to google all the new settings their all foreign to me lol…so yes I just wanted to make sure that it supported nvme boot… awesome work thanks.

@2Old2Slow, Thank you for your review, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Ok I finally got everything working with Michael_Codes 3603 Modded rom…linked in comments above…UEFI boot to NVMW PCIe Gen 3 SSD works…MultiGPU dual monitors…works…very happy…thanks to him again.