[OFFER] Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 fixed BIOS 9903, modded with NVMe + others

Hi,
Yes, make the changes AFTER the BIOS flash, then try the dual GPU setting. I would select optimised defaults first, restart, set the EFI, restart again to ensure boot then make GPU changes.

Ok…thanks…again I was being too presumptuous and enthusiastic…now where is that CMOS bloody battery.

Hi…again…I flashed the IntelME fine, reflected in the BIOS showing the updated version. However when I try to use EzyFlash 2 to flash the 9903 rom I get a ‘file is not an EFI bios’ message and it doesn’t flash. The rom is in the root directory of one of my SSDs. Is there some other setting in the BIOS I have to revert like turn off UEFI boot? I thought this modded rom actually was a UEFI based rom.
Sorry to pester you again…I have tried the flash several times…each time I get the file is not an EFI BIOS msg…
EDIT…My abject appologies I was sure the last time I updated the BIOS (10 years ago) I flashed the ROM from one of the HDDs…I then reread this thread a couple of times more than I should have needed to…copied the 9903 ROM to a USB and lo and behold…it all works…now I just have to install the new M2 SSD install windows with GPT and EFI partitions and I’m good to go again…thanks very much for your time.

Looks like the only thing not working is the iGPU to drive the second monitor…GPUz doesn’t recognise its even there…never mind I’ll just use the Nvidia card to drive both monitors I guess…unless there is a fix…

@2Old2Slow. he-he, your BIOS have not Sandy`s GOP EFI driver.
This mod BIOS:
-add GOP
-add NVMe
-update some drivers and microcodes.
P8Z68-V-PRO-GEN3-ASUS-3802N_mod.zip (4.4 MB)

Thanks…but my board is the v-gen3 not the pro… I understand the 2 bios aren’t compatible…so is the one you linked compatible with the non Pro board and the igpu and NVIDIA GPU play nicely together…? Oh and what is GOP…is that the bit missing from 9903 bios and allows dual monitors on igpu and pcie as the stock bios do? Sorry I’m 68 and it’s been a while since I delved into firmware stuff.

@2Old2Slow, this version BIOS is correct?
P8Z68-V-GEN3-ASUS-3603
Now, I reassembly this BIOS.
UPD. Add RaidDriver_12.9.0.2006.efi, standard BIOS hadnt it, also EFI GOP drivers for iGPU. Mystery for me.
P8Z68-V-GEN3-ASUS-3603_mod.zip (4.5 MB)

Sorry I don’t understand… I’m using ikens 9903 modded bios for the p8z68v-gen3…his first post indicates adding the sandy bridge GOP drivers doesn’t fix the igpu and pcie GPU simultaneous use ie dual monitors. And rereading this thread indicates the gen3 and pro are different enough to require different bios.

Is the one you linked nvme etc compliant and multi GPUs work?

@2Old2Slow, at first time, now I opening and change BIOS setup menu, Advanced-System agent-Multimonitor
Give your binary BIOS file.
iGPU and discret GPU don`t link. I have two GPUs, int. and discr., two monitors.
I wait binary file.

@iken…I am still new here…what is the difference between your 9903 rom and this one…mod_nvmeP8Z68-V-GEN3-ASUS-3603.zip which is in one of the other threads.

Sorry… I’m new here not sure I’m the best person to ask but looks like that is the issue iken mentions in a much earlier post.

@2Old2Slow, I dont see 9903, give me this version. And I dont read previos messages.

Try reading the first post…this thread is only for the p8z68v-gen3 modded fw 9903…

@2Old2Slow, ha-ha-ha, 9903 - renamed BIOS v.3803
Get the P8Z68-V-GEN3-ASUS-3603_mod.zip above and flash it.
You will have full access to new menu items. Update ME region.
Your target - Advanced-System agent-Multimonitor, now “ON”.
Good luck.

Ok…so that version allows igpu and pcie GPU for dual monitors as well as nvme boot? I’ll try tomorrow…middle of night here…thank you in advance.

@2Old2Slow, yesss-ss-s, both functions.

@Michael_Code “My” BIOS is specifically to fix the PCIe GPU boot failure in EFI mode and further modded as per the first post; no more, no less. It was provided by Asus to another forum poster; please read the first post before asking questions already answered.
@2Old2Slow As I stated before I upgraded last year so I can’t really help more. If the other mod works as you want with no issues then go for it and the very best of luck :+1:

Sorry if we hijacked your thread… didn’t mean to be disrespectful.

@2Old2Slow, I forgot say. you must postpone your private data from old BIOS to new. FD44edit or FD44copy will help you.