[OFFER] ASUS P8Z77-V Series BIOSes modded with latest modules

Yes !

Hello everyone!

I am currently using the ASUS P8Z77-V (Non Pro) and would like to know if someone can help me with the NVME SSD bios thing?

I got a 500GB Adata SSD in M.2 Format and bought a x4 PCIE Adapter. I want to use it for booting windows for my test bench. Could anyone help me with this?

I also would like to know if anyone could offer me help through discord?
My Discord is: Nicklordzero#3947

@Nicklordzero - Here is mod BIOS 2104, do not rename file, and flash with USB Flashback - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦986945371188890
Then follow all items in step #6 spoiler of this guide - [Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Iā€™m getting a Security Failed Check warning.
Can you explain what iā€™m doing wrong?

You need to flash with USB Flashback @Nicklordzero - modified BIOS cannot be flashed from EZ Flash within the BIOS.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013998/
https://rog.asus.com/technology/republicā€¦bios-flashback/

my motherboard doesnt have one.

Doesnā€™t have one what? You mean USB Flashback, yes it does, itā€™s shown in overview multiple times and in the specs for your board
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8Z77V/

Download the manual to find which port to use, early systems didnā€™t use white port if that is why you thought you didnā€™t have this feature. I think itā€™s probably one of the USB on bottom under LAN

Any chance someone could please do the latest BIOS for the P8Z77-V Pro with all the latest module updates + NVMe, but without the CPU microcode updates? Iā€™m worried about performance being impacted. Iā€™ve got a modded BIOS from elsewhere that has everything updated (including the latest CPU microcode updates), but I wanted one without the microcode updates.

Do you guys think performance will be impacted a lot on my 3770K if I used the modded BIOS I already have with the CPU microcode updates?

@Ice009 - Link the BIOS you want modified, the one that is already updated, and state exactly which microcodes you want changed to exactly what version. Only you will know how it affects your system, test and see, you may not notice any differences with other BIOS.

Hello all,
Iā€™m new to this forum. I have the Asus P8Z77-V PRO and want to run Windows 10 with Samsung M.2 SSD NVMe. Is the BIOS file from post #1 work for this? https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8Zā€¦/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Thank you in advance.

@Tac2338 - no, you need to use BIOS in first post of this thread, stock BIOS from Asus is not compatible with NVME
Or the one I made in post #16, please pay attention to next few posts after that, so you can rename BIOS properly (I forgot to rename before uploading)

@Lost_N_Bios - I have a P8Z77-V LE PLUS motherboard, a 500gb ssd attached to a M.2 slot on a PCIE adapter. Iā€™ve followed this> HERE < as close as I can, but even though I ā€œthoughtā€ I had successfully modded my bios file and flashed it back to the system using flashback, I donā€™t think anything has changed. I STILL donā€™t see the board in my boot list, and while I can see it fine to install windows 10, when the system restartsā€¦nothing is there and I get a warning that no boot device was found. I have attached a zip of the original bios file, P8Z77-V-LE-PLUS-ASUS-0910.ZIP. Is it possible to mod this so I can see my SSD? Thanks!

P8Z77-V-LE-PLUS-ASUS-0910.zip (4.34 MB)

@VegasGuy55 - I donā€™t think you ever see NVME in boot list, pay close attention and do all steps exactly as written in step #4 for installing the OS to NVME
Here is that stock BIOS modified for NVME, if it looks same as yours does in UEFITool or MMTool, then you did the mod correctly and you need to look at the guide again doing all of step #4 exactly.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦753858493636085

I am happy to report that all is good. Noā€¦make that great! Everything works exactly as it should and I couldnā€™t be more pleased. Of course, you were completely correct in your assertion that the mod was incorrect. I took the wrong NVMe modules from an x97 bios (thinking I could figure it out myself). The modded bios loaded fine, but never made the connection to the addon card. After loading your file via flashback, I could see a drive called ā€œPata ssdā€ or something similar, that was never there before. I then went back and followed the directions EXACTLY and the result is complete success. I will post some benchmarks a little later, but test I did yesterday on the drive just as a storage disk were in the 2300 mbs for sequential reads and 1900 for writes. Outstanding. Again, thank you for your assistance and my congratulations to Fernando and the Win-Raid team. Well Done.

@VegasGuy55 - Great you got it all working now! Yes, when we do our own NVME mods to BIOS, you must use certain modules, not ones from other pre-made-NVME-compatible BIOS modules from boards that are already NVME compatible from the manufacturer.
Youā€™re welcome and enjoy that NVME Speed!!

Definitely! Just for reference, hereā€™s some disk benchmarks.

Hereā€™s my original boot disk (Western Digital 500gb Sata6):

and here is the new NVMe M.2 SSD in a PCIe 8x slot:

VERY happy indeed.

Boom, huge speed upgrade, nice!!

Hi,

Does anyone know if it works as a boot drive for a STARTECH X4 PCIE TO M.2 PCIE SSD ADAPTER with a Samsung 970 Evo 1TB?
And what are the performance hit?

I am using generic chinese PCIE 3.0 X4 to m2 adapter ( H1111Z ) and I am getting full speeds. Adapters just changes PCIE lanes to M2 compatible format and there should be no performance hit unless your SSD disk hits your PCIE slot speed limit . That depends on PCIE version and number of usable lanes ( for example my other motherboard has two x4 slots, however one is only x1 speed - I suggest to check motherboard manual ).

For P8Z77-V PRO I suggest to stick adapter into second PCIE 3.0 x16 slot and switch both slots into x8 mode ( as described in manual ).

The third x16 slot is only PCIE 2.0 and works in x1 mode, you can switch it to x4, however you will disable PCIE 2.0 x1 slots and asmedia sata 3 slots ( again as described in manual ). You are also very likely to have performance hit, because PCIE 2.0 x4 is slower than most of the NVME SSDs.

Hi, I just updated the BIOS with USB Flashback and my 970 Evo runs as bootdrive. But it only runs half speed. What do I have to do to get full speed? I also have a Firewire PCI card running.