[OFFER] ASUS Z87 Plus - compl. modded BIOS 2103

@ outlawist Check this thread:

[OFFER] MSI Z87 G45 Gaming BIOS_E7821_v1.9

Outlawist, that is the card I bought. Love it, serves my Samsung 970 EVO Plus drive very well so far.

[[File:Ekran Al?nt?s?.PNG|none|auto]]I am using the same ssd. connected to x16 socket. Why less speed?

Ekran Al?nt?s?.PNG

I am using the same ssd. connected to x16 socket. Why less speed?

Check your graphics PCIe settings in the biosā€¦sometimes it may be set to PCIe2 rather than PCIe3 as in my Asus BIOS/UEFI when I set the primary graphics to PCIe3. You can usually set the second PCIe slot speed as wellā€¦depending on the add in card that populates the particular slot.

Cheers

I donā€™t know how itā€™s done. Will you help me? And Iā€™m grateful for what youā€™ve done until this time. Thank you very much.

@outlawist Try the settings in the following pics Cheers

190510210000.png

190510210052.png

190510210126.png

See how that goesā€¦

This is the most happening. :slight_smile:

Ekran Al?nt?s?.PNG

Looks like you doubled the read speed with those bios settings.

Good to GO! Cheers

Yes. I did the video card Gen2 and the result is the same. Wonder how friends have taken 3500. I think itā€™s because I have 256GB. Heā€™s using 512GB. I guess thereā€™s a difference between them.

Yes. I did the video card Gen2 and the result is the same. Wonder how friends have taken 3500. I think itā€™s because I have 256GB. Heā€™s using 512GB. I guess thereā€™s a difference between them.

Typically the earlier smaller NVMe drives were slower than their larger stable mates.

Myself I have a Samsung 950 Pro 512 MB which does about 2500MB/s reads, while the newer Samsung 970 Pro 1TB does about 3500 MB/s reads.

There are variations in the controllers so it pays to do some technical reading before purchasing.

Cheers

Hello hancor, Would one of these files be applicable to my Lenovo m93p ThinkCentre? I would like to be able to boot from my Samsung 970. Most of my info is in my signature line. - Thanks

Iā€™m getting good speed again. But there is not much difference from the normal SSD in the system. Itā€™s like a waste of it. Thanks to you, big guy Hancor. Youā€™re good.

@outlawist :

Yes the normal SATA SSDs will not see any performance jump, from the NVMe tinkering. There you are messing with a different interface.

If you want to see large performance in SATA SSDs, the correct course of action is to RAID them together on the internal Intel RAID efi or have a separate raid card.
I have a separate raid card from LSI and ganged 4 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB drives in a RAID 5 array. Result approximately 2450MB/s which is about equal to the single NVMe Samsung 950 PRO 512GB drive. Of course this is running in my old X58 chipset tower on an Asus P6T motherboard dating from 2009. Ten years old and still competing with modern setupsā€¦HA!

Cheers

@ azdave85650 see this link here:

[Request] ThinkCentre M93p SFF PRO (type 10A8) - BIOS: FBKTD5A - NVMe bios mod

BTW microcode v 27 fixes Microarchitectural Data Sampling (or MDS) side-channel vulnerabilities in Intel CPUs in addition to Spectre/Meltdown vulnerabilties.

Latest edited Bios/UEFI uploaded May 15, 2019

Hancor. Howā€™s that, brother?

IMG-20190516-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20190516-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20190516-WA0015.jpg

Well my degree is in mathematics and physicsā€¦and if you ask a physicist why they do things a certain way, the reply is usually: "Because it works!"

So if bailing wire and binder twine works, then that too is a solution.

I might give you a gentle reminder that elastic bands do crumble over time with exposure to heat, but that may work for a couple of days!

I am however delighted that youā€™ve discovered that excessive heat is the enemy of all good quality printed circuit boardsā€¦

Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s some thermal paste in the middle of that, or at least thermal pads. Now, screw down a thin 80-100mm fan onto that and youā€™ll be set (Find a fat enough stubby screw and it will screw right between the fins and hold it)