[OFFER] ASUS Z97-PRO GAMER

Hi,

Thank you very much for this BIOS !

It is possible to update this with new version an each part at this time, please ?

For example with the latest version of haswell microcode or other ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you.

Here you go:

Mods Updates as follows:

EFI/ROM updates

Microcode update to v27

Z97PROG.zip (5.52 MB)

Z97PROG_ROM.zip (5.51 MB)

AsusZ97PROG_microcode_v27_v20.zip (5.57 MB)

@hancor - thank you for this bios, i will try it as soon as possible.

I see your file is .cap and the file in this topic is .rom, what is the difference, please ?

I think i donā€™t need AFUDOS.EXE to flash it ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Edit : See this

You now have your choice of .CAP or .ROM extension (attached in previous post above) ; whichever flashing option works for you.

Also did the microcode update to v27 & v20 respectively on the bios in the start post, if you like the snazzy splash screen etc. Enjoyā€¦

As usual make back ups of your drives and existing bios!

Cheers

@hancor

Hi, itā€™s based on the official Asus Bios 2203 and updated with the latest components/microcode? If I flash the CAP, will my MAC address change?

For last, any customizations that we should be aware?

Thanks!

I added the following to the first two bios files in post # 22

NVMe functionality via ------> NVMe mod to run UEFI NVMe SSDs using module NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs dated 04/18/2018 inserted after CSMCORE for this Aptio IV UEFI/BIOS

all based on UEFI/BIOS v2203 from a clean ASUS website download.

The third is microcode update ONLY without the NVMe mod as per the author of the start post.

As usual make back ups of your drives and existing bios!

@hancor

Thank you for your work, it works !

Did you also update Intel Management Interface in your ROM ?

Thank you very much.

Your intel management driver you can find here:

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Version 11.7.0.1057 driver (MEI) date: 11/19/2017 Good for Z87 Z97 chipset among othersā€¦
https://www.station-drivers.com/index.phā€¦id=3435&lang=en

Didnā€™t do an update on the Intel Management Interface mainly because the request was for microcode update.

PER: Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Users of 9 & 8-series Haswell desktop/mobile systems, meaning ME 9, must use the latest v11.7 drivers instead.

@plutomaniac has all the info you need to those updates should you find the needā€¦

Cheers

Thank you for your reply.

In this bios, ME version is 9.1.25.1005.
I see in your link the last one is 9.1.37.1002.

I will try to see how to update this.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Using the hancorā€™s updated BIOS. All fine!

nvm

@petroli you need to tag hancor with @ directly followed by user name like I just did to tag you, if you are asking hancor, he made BIOS in post #22, BIOS in post #1 was not made by hancor
Best way for you to know is test both BIOS, only you can know or tell which one works best for your hardware/situation/usage etc.

Hey Folx.

Thanks for the Mod @Alpharevx .

IĀ“m using the Board for Hackintoshing. Sadly the NVram has problems and doesnĀ“t work as it should. Some Infos in the Net say that NVRam was working with previous Versions of the BIOS. Do you think its possible to include these Part from an Old bios to the latest modded one? I donĀ“t want to downgrade to an old BIOS without your HPET function.

Is it worth updating on this bios? Hpet can also be switched off on Windows 10. I have to keep in mind that when I play the BIOS, my board will no longer work after that.

Hello, is that bios suitable for an ASUS Z97A ? running now with last beta bios 3503 from ASUS manufacturer ? thanks

Hi guys. Is this BIOS version really 9901? (the latest on ASUS website is 2203). Also, is there any chance that someone could update this BIOS with latest microcode (v28)? I tried to update the latest 2203 BIOS using UBU but the motherboard doesnt boot after this. I own a Z97 Pro gamer board.

Use the Intel FPT tool from Intel ME9 tools, make a dump of bios region, update with UBU, flash with FPT again, insure that u can recover from any fail operation.

Iā€™ve made a dump using an SPI programmer and updated that dump at this didnt work anyway. I guess updating the dump with UBU should work, right?

In this topic the "9901" is based on the latest 2203ā€¦seems that u dont like to read users experiences and reports, then u would know this already.
The FPT operation is not a SPI Programmer operationā€¦
For a SPI programming, the Bios image must be extracted from Asus CAPSULE, edited and programmed again, NOT programing a CAP file.
The FPT operation will report u the access to bios region in the FDescriptor, then ull know if FPT can flash it back again original or mod or if is needed the unlock operation of FD/Bios/ME regions.
A lot of info on the mod flash operation on this topic is givenā€¦ as long as u read it or dont.

Hey,
i know itĀ“s a old thread but is there any chance to activate Intel PTT on the Z97 Pro Gamer with this Mod Bios? :slight_smile: thanks!