[OFFER] Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P Rev.1.0 BIOS F2g updated+NVMe support

Which m2 adapter should we buy I am using windows 7

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS

Is the970A-UD3P Rev. 2.x NVME Mod still available? I clicked on the link but it just timed out

Hello,

I’ve modify and installed bios for GA-970A-UD3P (rev. 2.x) so i can boot from my Nvme disk with instructions found is this forum.
Everything is perfect with decent speeds (for Pcie 2.0 x4) except motherboard Hard Drive Activity LED when NVME disk is active. Motherboard HDD activity led works only for SATA disks.

KINGSTON SA2000M81000G.png

Since my mobo is pretty much the same as GA-970A-UD3P (rev. 1.0) and as far as i know your rev bios F2g has officially Nmve modules inserted (except boot of course without modification ) , can someone confirm for me, if in rev. 1.0 motherboard the HDD led is showing NVME activity or not?

Thanks!

EDIT:

I understand that this is irrelevant to whether or not bios has been modified by us for Nvme booting. I just wonder if your revision with Nvme modules inserted officially has Nvme HDD led activity because Gigabyte reply to me when i ask: “This older chipset model does not monitor activity with the M.2”

If u mean in the painel case itself…no, as this receives the internal SATA/IDE bus signal output on this old boards, not from a PCIe adaptor.
There is some adaptors with a 2 pins signal for connecting the front painel HDD led, but most of the cheap not even that has.
So this is normal operation on old boards.

Thank you for this information… yes i meant case panel HDD led.

You’ve save me a lot of time because so far I thought it was OK on your mobo and because in you revision bios there is a strange module named “PcieSataController” (didn’t knew its true purpose, no documentation either) i was guessing and trying to integrate this “PcieSataController” with combination of other modules (thought to be relevant each other) to my bios with no luck with HDD led in all my tests.

Yes i know about those adapters with HDD pin headers, but didn’t even thought about that issue before installation. No one in countless reviews didn’t mention that problem with older chipsets, except few references but had to do with wrong wiring or failed led. Never mind, its not so important… I’ll use some software solution to monitor this disk when its necessary.

Hi guys,
I am writing to you from Italy. I am the owner of the MB in question with BIOS f2g and today I tried to install the bios mod. I am the owner of an adapter on which a 500Gb NVme Crucial P5 SSD is mounted. Unfortunately, however, I still cannot boot from the NVme SSD. What do you think is the reason? Could it be due to the incompatible adapter type? Thanks

p.s. I believe that the modified bios must be created personally. Unfortunately, I’m not an expert. Could anyone help me?

Point 4… needs reading
[HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

EDIT: Well my translation from Italian works very well… wots ur problem now u cant translate?
No one can help you because this must be done by you only. What part of the guide in point 4 you dont understand?

Grazie per avermi risposto. Ho provato a leggere la guida ma purtroppo non riesco a capire bene come fare. Nonostante abbia usato un traduttore non mi risulta chiaro. Spero che qualcuno possa aiutarmi.
Grazie

hello, I would like to ask if this bios is flashable with a CH341A programmer. I ask you this because during the update of the official F2g bios I had a voltage drop and now the USB peripherals are no longer read. Sorry for my bad English and thank you for the replies

Hi, I just made everything from your first modified bios, update the bios with the first one you created but the evo samsung m2 on the adapter is not recognized in the windows installation from 0, I only see my other secondary hdd disk, you can guide me, please explain

@angelgr

To who r u addressing to?
Wot is the windows installation from 0??? U mean a clean OS new install?
Did u followed the guide from Fernando in point#4: [HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS
Performing a new OS install on an NVMe in a mod bios, other drives should be disconnected until the new OS is installed and running.

I appreciate your response
yes to first question
then after preparing the.bios with the.update

I must leave only the .2 connected and no other so that it recognizes the m2?

if you can help me

I would appreciate it a lot, because I have been trying and I can not see in the bios and in a hdd with windows to see the ssd m2 either, I leave you my telegram I hope you can guide me because I am suffering with this,

+51995086344

por favor

Suffering does not belong here… and usually is a human condition not applied to IT knowledge of each user, so stop crying and keep ur phone number to ur friends that can pay an international call to Brazil.

First of all, if ur not seeing the Samsung EVO in windows live OS (even without any mod) device manager, then its bad connected on the motherboard or the PCIe adaptor and the EVO are not compatible.
Any M.2 NVMe drive added to a system supported or not, windows always see it a storage drive, regarding if its already modded or not.
As its seems that u dont like to follow guides and ur Google translator doesnt works at all…ill resume it in a different way:

Using Q-Flash, flash the bios to the same version of the mod, create a bio dump backup, flash the mod.
Enter bios select boot as UEFI (NOT Auto/CSM off), set secure boot to Other OS.
Disconnect all other HDDs and leave only PCIe Adaptor/NVMe on the system, enter bios and u may see or NOT (as this is a mod and not equal in all motherboard bios) in boot manager priority, a "PATA" device.
Prepare a USB Windows Install x64 UEFI with RUFUS, boot from it and upon device destination stage setup, an new volume/drive will appear (the NVMe drive).
Finish the OS installation, reboot as necessary and reconnect previous disks.
Done.

[[File:IMG_20211108_064654.jpg|none|auto]]

IMG_20211108_064744.jpg

IMG_20211108_064753.jpg

Apparently like you said I think it is not compatible

I bought the 970 evo plus and according to I read very late it is that the 970 evo and 970 evo pro work with this adapter,

I would like to ask you if you were so kind
to tell me what adapter I could get for this model of m2 evo,

or if I only have to change the m2 evo 970 plus, the latter is a little more difficult

I leave photos for your advice

www.amazon.com/-/es/Adaptador-M-2-soluci…o/dp/B07JJTVGZM

Screenshot_2021-11-08-07-01-13-126_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-08-07-01-09-528_com.miui.gallery.jpg

No advice… too many on the market, most of all work with that EVO.
Both products, the linked and the one on the photos seems at first view compatibles.
Could be PCIe slot malfunction or drive badly seated on the adaptor/PCIe slot.
Test in another system/change PCIe slot, i do not suggest exchange the EVO as its a good performance NVMe drive.

I just tried a slightly older board and if it recognizes the evo with the adapter and asks me to give it a partition

What partition do I give gpt or mbr?

The other question is:

Because the other board does not recognize it as storage in disk management, if yesterday I tested the two PCI slots, that is, I placed the graphics card on the two PCI ports and they work both I mean, both on the first and second PCI port, then why in disk management after having made the BIOS update does not appear in disk management and not in the BIOS either

Please I need your answers if you would be so kind I appreciate your help too

The first question that I should choose in that option?

The picture is from other mother board old

You have something contact mail or telegram or other to talk to you more and give it datails please

IMG_20211108_104455.jpg

Hey buddy first of all…stop the crying and the please and the so kind… all the mail and “telegrams” on my country are shutdown for vacations, they all went to South America for holidays.

No need to make any partitions for a booting NVMe drive/install Windows.
If “yesterday” the disk appeared in disk management, when testing both PCIe slots and also in the other system board, so its working correctly and the adaptor/NVMe are compatible.

Share a dump of ur SPI current bios here, to verify.
In a windows CMD as ADMIN: FPTw64.exe -d -currentSPI.bin
from ME system tools v8 r3 package: Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools

EDIT: I dont need other files, i needed the dump SPI to check if indeed the mod was already flashed and correct in bios.
If the drive already appears, then disconnect the old OS disk 0 and install windows in the NVMe as i already explained in previous posts.

EDIT: TOLD U ALREADY, NO PARTITIONS, leave the drive un-initialized/clean. AND DOESNT MATTER if shows in bios or NOT. THIS IS MOD not OFFICIAL, wot part u dont understand, u told that the drive has to show in bios, read the Fxxxxxxx guide.

No, nothing appears on the 970a ud3p board

Only on the other older plate can he recognize the m2 evo

I will send the file you told me about my original bios

Finally the nmve appears in disk manager as unassigned, on the 970a ud3p board

But what you asked me to do, could you guide me, is that I do not understand that much, I never did the bios dump and it is difficult for me to do it the first time,

I leave you a photo of the plate that already recognizes the nmve and now from here we can continue

The bios mod I used was the second one in this post called:

f44t4086p69207n2_sWApbPrR.zip

Inside was the file:

970AUD3P_NVME.f2n

IMG_20211108_141225.jpg

I formatted the drive but did not assign any letters

Now in the bios if the Nmve appears

I am preparing the iso with rufus in uefi just as you said

We’ll see what happens I’ll keep telling you

IMG_20211108_142326.jpg