[OFFER] Gigabyte GA-Z370-Aorus Gaming 7 BIOS mod

The mod bios will not cause any problems because there is nothing that was change that would cause them problems.gigabyte might have change something .if I have problems just flash F6 mod #3 it has the same cpu update has f7.

Ok some information :slight_smile:
--------------------------------

F7 official exibits all the same issues as the modded version and the Qflash bit edited modded version so no issues there.

here are the issues with F7 compaired to F6 version official and modded makes no difference same issues… so all the issues are bios related and not module related.

1: 8 pack 4x8 4000mhz kit running at 3600mhz 18.18.18.31 when xmp is enabled in stead of its rated xmp speeds.
2: mvme ssd boot drive not loading OS windows 10 (incompatible boot device BSOD during bootup just before login screen.

With f6 installed

enabling XMP runs memory at 4000 no problem i have tried different timings to get back to 4000 nothing has helped so far.
i managed to get into windows 10 by enabling the boot option legacy instead of UEFI under other boot devices. this let me into windows. :slight_smile: so progress at least lol
but now i have run into another 2 issues.
memory with xmp "3600 is not working correctly im getting really low speed bandwith issues like that make me think even 3600mhz is not working right with F7 then i bumped into another issue before jumping from f6 to f7 i disabled intel optane drive so that i could rule that out as a problem but now under f7 i cant even re enable it as it shows no drives under selection …

apart from all those issues F7 is great to work with lol gigabyte really messed something up here not sure what they could have changed though but all those issues is quite a lot… not sure what to do but mess around now trying to fix stuff…

Thanks mate, for future reference if possible until this issue is fixed ect with the next bios…
can you add all the latest modules and stuff to F6 aswell as F7 that way i can revert if and when i want and still have all the same updates that the newer versions are getting module wise also can you in future add that 1bit of code to all bios`s so that there Qflash cross flash compatible so people can revert back and forth when they need to
as i tried flashing back from F7 qflash modded version back to modded F6 and it said incompatible bios with Qflash cause F6 didnt have the 1bit of code changed to allow flashing it :wink:

cheers.

You need to show MrBeer this method please…
infact i wouldnt mind this method information myself incase Mrbeer does not want to add this fix to all the modded versions so that i can do it :wink: infact it would probably be helpfull if mrbeer adds method to first post :slight_smile:

One other thing mr beer when you read this in F6 update 3 does it have the intel managment updated in it like F7
btw great work you guys do :wink: i use to do all this stuff on the tweaktown forums :slight_smile: i might get back into it :slight_smile:

You can edit your posts for a long time, next time around, that way there’s not multiple replies in a row.

Thanks for testing report, and letting us know it’s not the MOD BIOS itself, or my change to it either that caused all those issues for you!
Not being able to flash back can happen with BIOS updates, sometimes they block this due to microcode changes, or Intel ME rules etc. So that may not be due to the mod either, you’d have to test F7 official, and then try to flash back to F6 official to see if that is a BIOS rule or strictly due to the mod

On the method for Qflash, it changes between BIOS versions and boards sometimes, not always the same bit to change and it does not always follow guided method (ie looks different than last time you made this change, not all values match what you expect etc), so probably best to not post out in the open in case someone does it wrong?
But yes, I know we all risk BIOS mod and bad flashes all the time, so maybe it doesn’t matter, and I should post it here anyway

I suppose I probably should go ahead and post it here, let me get a little image/guide wrote up for it and I’ll add here soon (probably by tomorrow night, leaving now)

I have already tried that mate, once you flash f6 official then flash f7 official you cant flash back says invalid bios image when trying to.

EDIT: just checked out @bios, and it will not let me revert back to F6 using that method :wink:
its funny though as @bios detects my board bios when trying to update from online method as @model name : Q370M D3H GSM PLUS 1.0 or 1.3 lol using F7

See, that’s what I meant, some BIOS no matter modified or not, have blocks built in that stop backwards flashing. It’s either due to microcode, or ME version usually, Intel asks manufacturers to prevent backflash in order to lessen impact of security issues on older firmware’s.
It can always be done, but not in the official easy ways. Intel FPT or AFU will always work around that kind of thing

I will get little write up on Qflash done later tonight

you can flash back to older version u have to use efiflash with a command. it is in this site some where. I have it wrote down at home.

Thanks man i will look forward to it so i can get back to F6 lol :slight_smile:

Yeah i tried that also using efiflash to flashback it does not work either invalid bios
unless i am using the wrong efiflash version as im sure there are multiple versions out there that will only let to flash back if your using the latest version though untested.

btw mate did you add intel mannagment latest version to the F6 update3 file ? or is it not possible to add those modules to the file…

efiflash bios.bin \Nold

the autoexec.bat files are on the site.
if u want to use that.
Efiflash downgrade efiflash is there and autoexec.bat files

just redame bios to bios.bin

also remember u have to use the modded efiflash flash program.
You have to use cap N letter.

This works did it on my gigabyte z170 board.

https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28…html#post508372

intel mannagment flash is on the first page with gigabyte you can flash them yourself after ever flash

Thanks mate, just tried it, getting error when trying to flash back, tryed modded efiflash with official f6 and modded f6 just comes up with a invalid command error or invald bios image error tried every combination i could think of //
really annoying lol, i think the only way im going to be able to get back to F6 is with the Qflash method but i need to wait for LOSTS guide :confused: as i think changing that bit in the image makes it work or it could be that efiflash needs updated to detect F6 or F7 as being valid.

Try all caps. Use the efiflash in the downgrade zip file

Dunno how i did it lol but i tried before and it didnt work :confused:
worked this time now im back on F6 :smiley: update 3…

hope in future you can add Losts 1bit string to the past and future bios`s for z370 gaming 7 motherboards so that we can go forward or back using internal Qflash as its a lot easier, still im not exactly sure what i did to get it to work hahah… :slight_smile:

When I go back home after my vacation I will do that .I won’t be back untill 14 Aug

Nice one mate :wink: will look forward to that getting done, i wonder where lost is with that guide hehe :smiley:

Try adding /x switch in EFIflash the default one with F6 BIOS.

Im already back on F6 now mate, :slight_smile:
just awaiting your guide so i can add the qflash unlock 1bit change to the F6 update 3 file that way i can flash back and forth and figure out how to get F7 working lol

Sorry, I noticed that later, but planned to edit that in when I added example of this Qflash block removal.

Here is generally how to edit BIOS post-Mod to allow Qflash to accept the image. You do this by hex edit on the entire BIOS image after all your other mods are done.

Don’t do this mod with UEFITool, you can find this and extract RAW location, but when you put back it always rebuilds too many sections, and trying to mark do not rebuild causes it’s own issues.
In case anyone planned to try and do that while doing other mods while in UEFITool. Best to do this one after all other mods are done, by itself, on the final BIOS image as a whole via hex edit.

Search BIOS w/ hex editor to find string $BDR, 4-6 lines below this you’ll find section of 10-12 count (usually) 00 bytes, followed by 50 01 or 40 01 and then next byte varies usually 03 or 04 or 07, followed next by 01. This last 01 you change to 00, this is what removes the block.
I’ve always seen 40 or 50, then 01, but next digit varies, then 01 again for the default block. It’s hard to explain because the bytes leading up to the byte to change are not always the same, but the general area is easy to spot, so once you are familiar with looking there you will easily recognize.

Here’s what that looks like in F7Mod BIOS, with the block still in place (01)

Thanks buddy, i will be able to work on F7 now with easy access now and in the future to be able to revert back and forth with Qflash instead :slight_smile:
btw just a quick question, when flashing via Qflash there are 2 options you can pick from

Fast flash method or full method
seems the difference between the 2 are the intel management, fast does not update this but full method does.
is there any way to add the latest intel management to future bios`s or is it best to just wait for Gigabyte to do that work and just update from within windows with the intel managment updater instead :slight_smile:

cheers again for the help…