[OFFER] Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H NVMe Mod

https://ibb.co/VBTRc4n
https://ibb.co/qCkWcYr
https://ibb.co/mBTMwY9

i used @Bios and q flash before for updates from gigabyte

@SSerhat - @BIOS can accidentally flash in wrong model BIOS, especially if you ask it to download BIOS itself. That’s why I asked you to confirm by checking board directly. Thanks for confirming, you have Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.0.
What you linked and said was wrong board ID when trying to flash was BIOS for Z77-D3H, you need to use the BIOS from the original post #1 - or if you do not want all those mods, I can make you new BIOS from just stock F11a with NVME Mod only?

@Lost_N_Bios I also get the "Partnumber not correct" error is there something I am overlooking.
I have a Rev 1.0 motherboard

@SSerhat
Did you get it to work?

@PCWizzard - MAKE 100% Sure you are trying to use the correct BIOS for your motherboard model!

I am 100% sure it is the GA-Z77-DS3H please check attachment:

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-09 at 21.14.07.jpeg

@PCWizzard - Thanks for confirmation, that is not what model you told me in first PM

For Z77-DS3H, you need BIOS from post #1 (I reuploaded for you at post #60), or if you do not want all those changes let me know and I can edit stock F11a for you fresh as mentioned at post #62
Again, BIOS at post #1 or reuploaded at post #60 is the only one here for your motherboard right now.

Since you are on BIOS F2, and all before F8 are pulled from the site, please try to Qflash BIOS F8, and then if it lets you, after update then flash F11a stock from Gigabyte
Then once done with that, you can flash NVME mod BIOS from here.

* Edit - @PCWizzard - If you cannot update to F8 from F2 using Qflash, please make 100% SURE you have correct BIOS file, and then flash it from within windows using latest @BIOS downloaded from the site in your board utilities download area
Set "Clear DMI Data", or uncheck it if it’s checked and says to "Keep DMI Data" whichever clears it is what you want.
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/U…lity_atbios.exe

Yes sorry about the mistake I made:
dyslexia, what can you do about it
But we life and we learn.

I tryde to download the file from post #62 original post #1
But after downloading it I get a corrupt file message from winrar and 7zip

I will do the F8 and F11a stock updates now and wait for your further orders

@PCWizzard sorry, dyslexia here here too, or something, I meant to say I reuploaded #1 BIOS for you at post #60 not #62
I just re-downloaded it from link at #60, and extracted fine (as does original download from attached file at #1). You probably need to update your Winrar version, that may be the issue?
But anyway, here I repackage for you into a zip - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…333444472095279

@Lost_N_BIOS thanks! That did the trick. Are three Amy release notes availble for what al the other update are for? I normaly have al the later versions of software but this was a old PC of mine that i AM trying to fixup, upgrade and re-use again for working from home.
-------------------------

And maybe hobby a little bit on it with AI and app development. Maybe you can let me know what the best options and upgrades are for my needs.

@PCWizzard - Nice Only release notes or change log is what you see on Gigabyte site, and or what you see at post #1. If you want to know what some specific item is you’ll have to let me know.
Not sure what you’re asking on last part there? If you just mean general hardware >> Best Ram you can afford with higher speeds and tighter timings, best CPU you can find at cheapest price, and fast NVME, should get you all setup for fast system

Cool! But the Form example the F23 firmware version. What kind of extra’s does IT five the motherboard?

On a hardware level i AM looking to upgrade to a 32gb 2400 mhz DDR 3
I have a I5 3480 CPU but AM trying to get my hands on a i7 3770 CPU.
I allready have the 256 m.2 SSD and thinking about adding a Msata of the same size as the M.2 all of my basic storage i have on a NAS

F23 BIOS is not for your board model, so not sure what you are asking, but generally speaking it would have all the same stuff as your BIOS since both boards are similar models.

2400MHz memory is very hard on Z77 chipset, especially using 4 or 8GB modules, so I would not spend money in that direction, get slower memory if you want 32GB (best you can find at 1600-2133 speed, with best timings)
M.2 SSD is not same at all as NVME SSD, this has to go into a PCIE adapter card, and would be 4-6x faster than any M.2 standard SSD (ie 500Mb/s for M.2 SSD vs 2000-3000Mb/s for NVME).
Do you mean you have NVME you are using in a PCIE adapter card now, or are you talking about old slow M.2 SSD (w/ max speed around 500Mb/s)?

To get best NVME speeds, you need IVY CPU and to put PCIE adapter/NVME into the first PCIE x16 slot at top (ie you have to use the x16 / x4 electrical slot at bottom for your graphics card, otherwise you can’t get PCIE 3.0 speeds for your NVME

@Lost_n_BIOS you are the man! I did switched the Graphics card to the bodem and user the upper PCIE slot and bos Evert thing works super smooth! Did a clean install of Windows 10 pro! I have a I5 3470? Ivy bridge cpu. The upgrade costed me €45,- and the gains are massif! Thanks again! If I can find a 3770 i7 for a steal i might upgrade that but for now Im good!
Going to start on my next project now this is working superfast! A supermicro x8dtl-if where i bought the SSD and adapter originaly for.

Regarding the memory thanks for the tip! I now have a 8 GB module 1333 MHz but can user some more juice.

@PCWizzard - Yes, if you don’t game or need x16 graphics, then bottom slot would be fine for graphics card use and that allows you to get best NVME speeds using that top slot so you get PCIE 3.0 speed for your NVME
i5-3480 is not a CPU model, but i5-3470 is, is that what you meant? If yes, that is Ivy

What cost you €45, the NVME + Adapter?

If you get 16GB or 32GB for this system, I’d try to find best you can afford in the 1600-2133 speed range

@Lost_N_BIOS
Yes, i5 = 3470 *was a typo
Yes my SSD and adapter where €45,-
About the memory yes I would like to max IT all out so i van be 100% about the reaction time of my system.

But a other question I have regarding this motherboard.

Van Ik still buy a Msata SSD and use IT as a media storage disk?

@PCWizzard - Yes, you could use the M.2 SSD slot if you wanted, but speed would be same as normal SSD, so if using for storage may be more cost effective to just get another regular SSD (or really, for storage, best to use normal HDD)

Good evening @all @Lost_N_BIOS.
Seeing I Just got a small gift from my brother for my pc regarding the nvme SSD upgrade.
I have a small upgrade option now.
I have a 250gb nvme drive with the cheap nvme to pci-e x16 adapter.
Nou i got the Western Digital Wds100T2B0C Blauw Ssd Sn550 Nvme 1 Tb M.2 2280 as a gift from my brother for upgrading his system.
Seen the Read and wright speeds i would like to clone the drive to the 1 tb one. I was wondering can i do this with the ASUS HYPER M.2 X16 Card V2. And can i boot from the Asus adapter with the bios changes i made regarding nvme booting.

Looking forward to your reactions

@PCWizzard - I suggest you use Macrium Reflect and a third spare HDD/SSD to do the clone (third drive to hold/store the file on while you backup/restore image)
With Macrium, image the entire main OS drive (not partition) on the single adapter. Then restore image to the other drive, with that in the Hyper or in single adapter if you can boot to third spare drive, be sure to adjust disk image size during restore so it takes up entire drive area
https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Yes, you can boot with Hyper with NVME Mod BIOS.

Hello, please how can I download this file without being corrupted, when unzipping it gives error of corrupted file? Please give me a new link to the file mod_z77-ds3h.rar
--------------------
If you need, I can send my email ok, thanks

@GMJ - Update your Winrar, I tested file at post #1, it’s not corrupted and extracts properly