[OFFER] Modded BIOSes for all ASUS Z68+P67 MBs (NVME+microcodes)

Hello! I have an Asus p8p67 EVO and I want the bios to be modified, can you help me? THX!

I tried to write with ez flash the other roms from p8p67 PRO and p8p67 and it gave me the error "Image integrity check failed"

P8P67-EVO-ASUS-3602.zip (3.06 MB)

@WhitePaul you could try to dump your bios file using intel fpt by the way, using the suffix -d (filename).bin -bios, get intel fpt here and go to C2 section. after you dump your bios file, you could zip the bios.bin and upload it then post it here. Probably i could help.

I managed to edit the bios for Asus P8P67 EVO rev3.1 and put the NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs module. It works very well with the pcx and M.2 adapter.

mod_nvme p8p67EVO_REV3.1-ASUS-3602.zip (3.07 MB)

Just bricked my MB…CMOS reset not helped and now i just waiting my CH341A

Hey I have a p8z68 deluxe/gen3 and i want to modify bios for nvme booting… can i just flash the bios with ezflash or do i have to do any prep work?

Just tried this with P8P67 Deluxe paired with I7-3770K.
Very quick speeds amazing for NVME drive!
SpeedySpeedy

Hello everyone! I have Asus p8z68-v pro gen3, flashed with 3802N bios from this topic. After flashing i cant find in bios how to enable igpu( i dont have discrete card ). Is there any oportunities to enable igpu support? Or i need to flash older bios ?

Hi to all. Can u mod bios for P8P67 WS Revolution for nvme support. I have 512gb m.2 ssd, i will install it to my father pc, xd.Thx a lot.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8P67-WS_Revolution/BIOS/P8P67-WS-REVOLUTION-ASUS-2105.zip?model=P8P67%20WS%20Revolution

Ill present you here 2 bios mod files, the first one with NVMe support only.
The second one with updated mcodes for IvyBridge, removed SandyBridge mcode and RST EFI, LAN Boot Agent, Marvell Oprom, also updated.

This motherboard model has NO USB BFB method for recovering, use this files at your OWN RISK ONLY.
ASUS SOP guidance in the PDF file, do NOT REMOVE the USB drive until 2/3rd reboot.

I take NO responsibility for a system/board FAILURE/BRICK.
Report back for future users guidance

Thank you. But i have 2600k xD.

Worked like a charm :slight_smile:
But I had to do the following:
after I managed to clone the SSD to the nvme drive, I converted it to GPT.
In bios I had to set igpu to primary, and the pcie slot to x4.
And uefi, Boot prio Windows Manager

Thank you so much for this! The P8Z68-M Pro bios worked perfectly for me!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ASUS P8Z68-V-PRO version 3603

I’ve a P8Z68-V motherboard bios ver. 3603 (latest available), with CPU Core i5-2500K averclocked to 4,4 Ghz ,which has been working without problems for at least 10 years. I’ve bought a PCI-e NVME adapter and installed some time a go a Crucial NVME SSD used only to storage purpose.
I’d like to install modded bios to allow booting from NVME but I fear the risk of not being able to make the motherboard work.
Someone has already tested an upgrade with modded bios with this motherboard?

hello guys, did anyone test it on a sabertooth p67? That is my motherboard, it is updated to the latest version of the official bios, now it is working with an SSD disk and it is incredible, but I really want to install an NVMe :pleading_face: and I am afraid that my motherboard will die :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face: I already downloaded the bios modified and also the original just in case, any advice can you give me? I have already read all the pros and cons, also as it should be done and the comments of everyone in this thread, the majority have positive comments and that leaves me calm :innocent: many thanks to whoever modified the bios for our beloved motherboards, and thanks for any advice you can give me :hugs::hugs::hugs:

@Potter
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!

You can “install” (better: insert) the NVMe SSD and use it for storage purposes without having flashed any modded BIOS (provided, that you are running a Windows OS with a matching NVMe driver). This way you can avoid the risk of a bricked mainboard by flashing a modded BIOS.
The only disadvantage of it will be, that you will not be able to boot off an NVMe SSD.
Good luck!

Thank you for your opinion, but the idea is to start the operating system from the NVMe, it seems incredible to me that no one has tried with a sabertooth :thinking: I’m getting the courage to use the modified bios :face_with_hand_over_mouth: if I do I will tell everyone what resulted from the attempt I hope everything goes well :innocent:

@Potter
My slogan: No risk, no fun!
Good luck!

1 Like

It worked and I succeeded with my NVME disk on my P8Z68-V LX!

Steps I took

1. download nvmeP8Z68-V-LX-ASUS-4105.zip and flash it with Asus EZ flash. I didn’t update the Intel ME.
  2. Plug my M2 into a PCIE convert card and plug it into PCI 16x slot
  3. Power up the PC into old system, initialize the new M2 disk in GPT. Then use Aomei Partition assistant to do system transfer (from my Sata SSD to M2 disk)
  4. Power off the PC, unplug the Sata SSD to avoid confusion. Boot into bios. I saw a new boot option called "Windows Boot Manager (GLOWAY…). It was probably added by Aomei. Otherwise you should see something like “PATA SS:”. Anyway, choose the new one as your first boot device and voila. The system booted without problem.

The speed test is 1159MB/S read and 1400MB/S write. I think that’s as far as a PCI-e 2.0 x 16 can reach.
GLOWAY-BASIC+-PCIE2.0

Thanks for all the contributors. You’re the best.

Your welcome, new users need “forum activity/reading” to gain trust level, after that the system will allow posting/attach files.
In Z68 only with an IvyBridge CPU can achieve PCIe 3.0x4 with the NVMe on 1rst x16 slot only.
Enjoy it.