[OFFER] Modded BIOSes for all ASUS Z68+P67 MBs (NVME+microcodes)

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT NEED UPDATE INTEL MANAGEMENT ENGINE.
Accordingly, there is no need to flash the ME region.
You do not have a bios bug.
And you just want to flash the BIOS with NVME and updated processor microcodes.

Throughout the 6th series, asus in EZ Flash has no write protection for modified .rom
You can simply flash these modified BIOS directly from EZ Flash, like the original

But if the items for overclocking settings are missing or half of the RAM is not used, then ME region flashing with FTK will help you. (Click)

I will repeat what CodeRush has already said:

Also, forgive me for my English, I partially use Google Translator, but I check the reverse translation.

“nvme” - “NvmExpressDxe_4” module (bigger sized, but completely optimized for the purpose of this thread)
“nvmesmall” - “NvmExpressDxe_Small” module (much smaller sized, but with full functionality)
“mod_” - microcode updated, if not, then they did not fit :с

And if your board is not in the list, then even a small one did not fit into it …

Source

Modified BIOSes:

Z68:
1. Maximus IV Extreme Z
2. Maximus IV Gene Z (Gen 3)
3. Maximus IV Gene Z
4. P8Z68 Deluxe (Gen 3)
5. P8Z68 Deluxe
6. P8Z68-V Pro (Gen 3)
7. P8Z68-V Pro
8. P8Z68-V (Gen 3)
9. P8Z68-V
10. P8Z68-V LX
11. P8Z68-V LE
12. P8Z68-M Pro

P67
1. Maximus IV Extreme
2. Sabertooth P67
3. P8P67 Deluxe
4. P8P67 Pro (Rev 3.1)
5. P8P67 Pro
6. P8P67 (Rev 3.1)
7. P8P67
8. P8P67 LX
9. P8P67-M Pro

EDIT by Fernando: Thread title shrinked without missing important info

mod_nvmeMaximus-IV-Extreme-Z-ASUS-3603.zip (4.54 MB)

mod_nvmeMAXIMUS-IV-GENE-Z-GEN3-ASUS-3603.zip (4.46 MB)

nvmeP8Z68-V-LE-ASUS-4102.zip (4.31 MB)

nvmeP8Z68-V-LX-ASUS-4105.zip (4.31 MB)

mod_nvmeMaximusIV-GENE-Z-ASUS-3603.zip (4.46 MB)

mod_nvmeP8Z68-DELUXE-ASUS-3603.zip (4.38 MB)

mod_nvmeP8Z68-DELUXE-GEN3-ASUS-3603.zip (4.38 MB)

mod_nvmeP8Z68-V-ASUS-3603.zip (4.34 MB)

mod_nvmeP8Z68-V-GEN3-ASUS-3603.zip (4.34 MB)

mod_nvmeP8Z68-V-PRO-ASUS-3603.zip (4.37 MB)

mod_nvmeP8Z68-V-PRO-GEN3-ASUS-3802N.zip (4.37 MB)

nvmeP8Z68-M-PRO-ASUS-4003.zip (4.36 MB)

mod_nvmeMaximusIV-Extreme-ASUS-3604.zip (3.02 MB)

mod_nvmeP8P67-DELUXE-ASUS-3602.zip (3.07 MB)

mod_nvmeP8P67-LX-ASUS-3801.zip (3.03 MB)

mod_nvmeP8P67-M-PRO-ASUS-3701.zip (3.09 MB)

mod_nvmeP8P67-PRO-ASUS-3602.zip (3.06 MB)

mod_nvmeP8P67-PRO-REV31-ASUS-3602.zip (3.06 MB)

mod_nvmesmallP8P67-ASUS-3602.zip (3.1 MB)

mod_nvmesmallP8P67-REV31-ASUS-3602.zip (3.1 MB)

mod_nvmesmallSABERTOOTH-P67-ASUS-3602.zip (3.08 MB)

3 Likes

Are these safe to use?

I updated the MC(updated all CPUID) in my Z68-VGEN3 via UBU and it has bricked my board.
Apparently it changes the offsets which causes a no boot situation.

I guess it’s only safe to update 1 MC and remove the rest via UBU.

1 Like

Did you clear the CMOS with the jumper? Mine appeared to brick but clearing the CMOS brought it back. Still won’t boot to NVMe though…

I have bravely updated my motherboards BIOS with this (P8P67-M Pro).

Can confirm it works, I mean it didn’t brick the board or anything. Everything in the bios looks normal. I don’t have a PCIe nvme drive (not sure if I’ll ever get one). Just for the microcode (I’m assuming that means it’s for spectre and meltdown etc?)

to be honest, I just did it for the hell of it, and I like that “hope it don’t brick” excitement kick. nothing like it, when updating a GPU or motherboard bios

ok, so I decided to buy an NVME m.2 SSD and a PCI-e adaptor. I can honestly say it all works perfectly. Booting from this drive now, no problems:

https://i.ibb.co/TWFTKjK/nvme.png

Thanks, SKyRo, great bios :slight_smile:

No P8P67 LE, did the driver not fit?

Hello,
I need Nvme Modded ROM for Asus P8P67 LE (Bios officiel 38.01), When I going to Patch it’s said error 'file size exceed the volume size). Please can someone provide modified Rom for this Motherboard.

Thank you very much.

i confirm P8Z68 DELUXE working fine with this mod. Boot normally Win10x64 from a WD Black 1TB SN750 NVME on a PCI-E card.

Just be careful with the installation media, it must be Uefi on GPT otherwise it refuses to install to the NVME disk.

P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 flashed and POST fine. Overclock settings and 4 ram DIMMs still showing. Before and after BIOS 3603 x64 (11/09/2012) & ME 8.0.2.1410

Update: Tested Crucial P1 1TB in ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 V2 card (slot #1 of 4). Installed in middle (white) PCIE slot and bottom (dark grey) slot and in either slot the motherboard detects "PATA: SS" drive. Then did UEFI Windows 10 2004 x64 usb install and installer detected drive and installed fine. Boots Win 10 fine from nvme. Installed Crucial Storage Executive Tool which detected the Crucial P1 nvme drive no problem.

Note to anyone else using this "/GEN3"board: The bottom (dark grey) PCIe physical x16 slot really only functions as a PCIe 2.0 @ x4 slot. If you use the middle (white) slot it will make the top (blue) physical x16 slot and middle (white) physical x16 slot both run PCIe 3.0 @ x8. With my Crucial P1 installed in bottom (dark grey) slot it runs PCIe 2.0 @ x4 and showed over 1600MB/sec read and over 1400MB/sec write (SEQ1M Q8T1) which I am happy with and feel is best option to leave full PCIe 3.0 x16 for discreet GPU and allow that GPU more space for cooling.

Thanks to SKyRo and those who helped created this excellent bios.

Z68: 8 - Gives integrity error :frowning:

Board:
P8P67-M Pro
Already flashed. Is it important at which PCIe port the ssd is plugged in? After installing Windows 10 and reboot there is just a blackscreen with a blinking curser. Its plugged in in a x16 Adapter in the upper slot.

Upgraded my P8Z68-V LX to boot from a NVMe successfully - I can provide a step by step guide if there’s any demand.

Thanks to SKyRo for the mod.

Hi,

I’ll gladly appriciate such a guide. I’ve downloaded the bios but not 100% sure what I should do with it. Looking forward to boot a MVNE SSD. :slight_smile:

Hello kkloath, can you help me? I have the Asus p8z68 Deluxe, too.
You wrote you installed the modded bios.
So i tried it view times but it don’t work right.
I tried it at least simply with the firmware option in the original bios.
Now, the nvme will start but everytime i have shut down the pc complete and start the boot partiton with the F8 boot manager.
On reebooting the nvme will not found because the pc dosn’t shut down complete.

Can you help me with a detailed instruction and the tools you used?

OK, I’ve been working on a comprehensive step by step guide for my P8Z 68-V LX board and I should have it up by the weekend.

Thank you SKyRo - your mod worked great on my board.

Hello rjhwuk,
thank you. That’s great.
I hope it will help me.

Thank you very much again.

Best regards
Kosmonaut

Step by Step Guide

ASUS P8Z68-V LX migrating my Windows 10 system (Boot) disk on an SSD to MVME drive without re-install or losing any data.
Modified BIOSs are available for many ASUS Z68 and P67 motherboards here [OFFER] 21 Modified BIOS for all Asus motherboards with Z68 and P67 (NVME, updated microcodes) - many thanks to SKyRo for the work that he has generously done to provide them.

I did not update the Intel Management Engine (ME)

My System Specs -
Original BIOS Version: 4105 x64
Build Date: 07/01/2013
ASUS Motherboard: P8Z68-V LX
ME Version: 8.0.4.1441
EC Version: MBECD-0006a
South Bridge Stepping: B3
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 4 x 4GB Crucial DIMM

Storage
1x Crucial BX500 SSD 250GB (Scratch drive)
2x Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500GB (1 system/boot drive & 1 backup drive)
1x Kingston KC2500 M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD (NVMe)

The daily use for my PC is word processing and spreadsheets. I occasionally use video editing software so I was keen to get the best out of my PC in terms of speed that I could, but I could not justify spending much so a decent motherboard upgrade was out of the question. I had heard that NVME was a lot faster than SSD, so I thought I would give it a try. I understand that my motherboard would read and write to NVME but I wanted to be able to boot from it and not just use it for data. I do like a bit of tinkering and I find it satisfying to get this sort of thing done.

I’m no expert at computing and I generally learn only what I need to in order to achieve something, often leeching off those who do know what they’re doing. You don’t need to be an expert either. If you can get into a DOS box and run DISKPART you should be good to go.

This guide is for those with less time on their hands than I have and want to get the job done without the frustrations that I encountered. There may be other, possibly better, guides out there but I couldn’t find any.

If your System disk, (Boot Disk), is formatted MBR style then it will need to be converted to GUID Partition Table or GPT for short. A GPT disk has a main partition for your system and data and a separate drive for booting. When a MBR disk is converted both partitions are created automatically. My boot disk was MBR. If you want to check the style of your drive then you can see the setting in the disk properties, volume in computer management.

There is no guarantee that this will work on your PC and following this guide is done completely at your own risk.
Many thanks to those referenced in the guide for the work that they have put into helping me.

Summary of tasks:
Obtain the correct modified BIOS file
Update the BIOS
Apply the correct motherboard settings
Make a clone the boot disk and safeguard the original
Convert the cloned disk to GPT style partition
Check that the drive will boot
Clone the converted boot disk onto the NVME drive
Install the NVME drive
Set the NVME drive as the boot drive in the BIOS

Setting up the board
You need to download the modified BIOS. I used “10. P8Z68-V LX” provided by SKyRo here [OFFER] 21 Modified BIOS for all Asus motherboards with Z68 and P67 (NVME, updated microcodes) and save it somewhere but try to keep it simple by storing it in the root of a drive.

Boot your PC and press Delete during the boot process and you’ll enter the BIOS setup. Go into Advanced Mode, select the Tool menu and use EZFlash to update your BIOS. Re-boot your PC and go back into Advanced Mode. Select the Advanced menu, Onboard Devices Configuration. Select the “PCI Express X16_2 slot (Black) bandwidth” and select the “4,0,0,0 X4…” option. Select the Boot tab Select “PCI ROM Priority” to “EFI Compatible…” option. The next menu item – “Option ROM Messages” should be set to “Keep Current”. Select “Save and Exit” from the BIOS and allow the PC to start up.

I used Acronis True Image for Crucial to make a clone of my Samsung Boot disk. It’s free to use for cloning if you have a Crucial SSD on your system. Other cloning software should be able to do this – I only used Crucial because I had it on my system. This took about 10 minutes but will vary with different systems. At this stage I removed my original boot disk for safe keeping together with any other disks that are not involved in the conversion process.
Using the cloned boot drive I re-booted into windows 10 opened a DOS box by typing CMD into Windows search at the bottom left of the screen and chose “Run as Administrator”.

Your boot disk needs to be of the GPT partition style. You need to know the disk number to convert and if you are in any doubt then use the DISKPART command to confirm. You can read this for further information on DISKPART and MBR2GPT https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows…ment/mbr-to-gpt
Run the following commands in the DOS box – it assumes that your drive is 0 and you need to change it if yours is different.
You can check that your disk is ok to convert by running the following command.

mbr2gpt /validate /disk:0 /allowFullO
If all is ok then run the command below to convert your disk.

mbr2gpt /convert /disk:0 /allowFullO
It won’t take long to complete and should finish with a confirmation that it was successful in a few seconds.

Restart your PC and enter the BIOS settings by pressing DELETE. On the first page drag the drive that you have just converted, it’ll have the blue EUIF tag and its name will start “Windows Boot Manager…” followed by the name of your drive, to the leftmost position. Save and exit the BIOS settings and allow the system to start. Your system should boot using the newly converted drive.

Power off your PC, remove the power cord, open the cabinet, and slot your adaptor/NVME drive into the black PCIe connector. Re-connect the power cord.
Re-boot your PC into Windows 10. Using your cloning software clone your boot disk to the MVME drive. When complete re-boot and enter the BIOS by pressing the DELETE button during booting. Select the NVME drive “Windows Boot Manager (Kingston SK25…)”, the make and model of the drive will depend on your NVME drive, and drag it to the leftmost position. Use “Save and Exit” to exit and re-boot.
Your system should now be booting from your NVME drive.

Your SSD boot disk may not appear in Windows Explorer but you should be able to access it through Disk Management in Windows Computer Management if you want to check it. If you wish to clear the SSD and you have trouble doing so then follow the instructions on how to CLEAN the drive here -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows…nto-an-mbr-disk

I obtained 830MB/S read transfer rates using the CrystalDiskMark testing software using the Black socket and around half that using the blue socket. This compares with 562MB/S read transfer on a Samsung EVO SSD. These results are very satisfying and shows that many older ASUS motherboards shouldn’t be written off due to their factored limits.
Best of luck.

I just wonder something now. Those mainboard have PCI-Express 2.0. MVNE SSDs will be limited by this right?

@Mambobuzzz : Yes, but the performance will nevertheless be much better than with a SATA connected SSD.