[OFFER] P9X79 PRO BIOS Modded for NVMe SSD

@diegotru :

You can verify the successful flash of an NVMe modded BIOS by entering the "BOOT" section of the Bios. If you see a new device named "PATA", you can be sure, that the flashing procedure was successful and the inserted NVMe SSD is ready to become bootable after having created the Windows Boot Manager by the Win10 Setup.

Well… I can’t understand why, but the BIOS ROM does show the correct package inserted. However, there is no "PATA" on devices names. Not sure how to correct it, because it is there, and BIOS does flash…

@diegotru :

"What" is "there"? It doesn’t help, that the NVMe module was in the BIOS you have flashed, when the flashing was not successful. The NVMe module needs to be within your manboard’s BIOS chip.

By "is there", I mean, I extracted the ROM from CAP, and verified with MMTool that the NvmExpressDxe is there on the correct volume index.
But, nevermind. I’m an idiot. I was assuming the PATA would show on default drives in BIOS config screen list so I didn’t saw it before installing the NVMe drive (I flashed the BIOS before the drive I bought arrived and all seemed unchanged).
Now that it is installed on the motheboard it does shows.
BIOS is working as intended. And I already cloned my sata SSD to the NVMe SSD (Although not before 10 excruciating hours of many attempts).

All is working and running.
My first BIOS mod
Thank you!

@Lost_N_BIOS Hello, would you please re-re(-re?)-upload the modified P9X79 Pro for x4x4 bifurcation? The sendspace links are no longer working. Thank you very much! Let me know where I can send you some ETH or buy you a coffee or what have you.

Hi every one

I have one quick question

I made this bios flash long time ago when this thread was starting and i am using one nvme disk for now but i want to ask if there is any new mod that will handle more nvme disks ? or i can use 2 or 3 nvme disk’s with bios from first posts ?

If there is any new ? can some one explain me which CAP file should I download from this thread ?

thx in advance

U can use ALL the NVMe disks that u need/want… as storage, with the presented mod ur referring.

What would be real good is to modify the bios for those boards that have the 1.2 TPM module to 2.0 so Windows 11 would play on say the X-79 Deluxe, which is part of the ASUS P9X79 boards, although they all do not have that module. Any directions about where that could be done? Or if it can or cannot be done at all?

Hello all,
I have a modded bios with a 3930k, samsung 970 evo plus and 3070ti fe working perfectly, less in the New World, where I get very low performance and the GPU uses only a 30% of power. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Hello, I uploaded the bios available in the first post and the PATA option appeared. In the bios I have Legacy booted and a different system, but the windows installer (running in legacy mode) signals that the system cannot be installed on this device because the BIOS doesn’t support booting from it. Have I missed a step :)?

/EDIT I will read the guide again and follow all the steps. .

Yes… OS “unknow” windows systems ALWAYS requires UEFI boot system NOT CSM/AUTO (legacy) to installations on NVMe.
If u tried a bit more and take some time readings on the forum… theres plenty of rush users like u with the same will of not learning and do basic errors.
Over_N_Out.

EDIT: How about this and try to read? A thread in main forum page…and u missed… fxxx lazzy people
[HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

As I wrote above, I will follow the thread again - this problem already appeared on page 9 - but I have doubts to say UEFI is required instead of CSM / AUTO because I installed the system in legacy mode on a platform with the x570 chipset - unless this rule applies to this modification on x79.

Thanks very much guys. I used the modded bios from post #293. It works really well. Now I don’t need to buy new computer stuff. My old sata raid 0 SSDs got corrupted. This worked and now my 2011 socket lives on.

btw the hardware I used was samsung 970 evo plus and RIITOP PCIe adapter card with heatsink

Screenshot (1).jpg

Thanks Treehouse. I did mine a few years ago and the board’s still working fine. The information you posted is a good refresher and congrats on your success and kindness.

Hello everyone, I have implemented post 293 and it works fine.

one more question I think i used your bios long time ago and till now i am on 2 PCIe ports with cheap chinese adapter cards with 1 nmve drive on each but i plan to buy 4 port nmve drive and add one more nmve for storage drive as my 2tb drive is in bad condition. and here is a question is your bios support pci sharing bifurcation ? So i can just buy 4 port adapter if not I will need to upload other bios .

No, I just inserted the NVMe EFI module. PCIe bifurcation needs an extra BIOS modification (will not be done by me).

thx for replay Fernando

Is there a guide for this at all? (I keep seeing references to a guide in the thread but the only one I can find is in reference to a different board) Does the ME need to be updated? And is the first FW in the thread the best one to use?

“Does the ME need to be updated? And is the first FW in the thread the best one to use?”

No, it can be updated as individual operation before or after the mod itself.
Usually latest shared mods, should be the more up to date, regarding used modules.
Users can share or not… a report of what was updated/used in it.

[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS - Special Topics / NVMe Support for old Systems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[Guide] Manual AMI UEFI BIOS Modding - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)