Optiplex 330 motherboard KP561 update RAID ROM problems/help needed

So I’ve been trying to mod the bios of my Optiplex 330 for about a week now, and after a long day I decided I’d finally ask for help.
Specs:
Computer: Dell Optiplex 330
Motherboard: KP561 (I"m not sure if this is based on a different board)
Bios: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS V1.10 A11 (I think)

Goal: Update RAID Rom of my bios
Questions:
1. If I am successful in upgrading the RAID Rom to a version downloaded from here, will it unlock RAID 0? Unfortunately the system is currently locked to RAID 1 only. This is my main goal.
2. I’ve attempted to follow the steps found in this wonderful guide, but when I attempt to run CBROM it hangs and just says

Does anybody know why it would do this?

Bios download link (version A11)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I sort of feel like I’m banging my head against a wall at this point.

@ dsmilees:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

No, the RAID features are determined by the hardware, that means by the chipset and the specification of the on-board SATA RAID Controller.

Zitat
2. I've attempted to follow the steps found in this wonderful guide, but when I attempt to run CBROM it hangs and just says

Does anybody know why it would do this?

Not all Phoenix BIOSes can be opened by CBROM32_198.
When I have the time, I will try to open your linked BIOS by using another BIOS tool.

Regards
Fernando

EDIT:
Unfortunately Dell is not offering the real BIOS file, but just an exe file (with installer).
Nevertheless I managed to look inside the BIOS and detected the Intel MSM RAID ROM v5.6.3.1003, which is extremely old. Look here:

Conclusion: Any BIOS modding will be very difficult and probably not worth the effort.

The on-board SATA RAID Controller is apparently the ICH7R/DH which according to everything I’ve found supports RAID 0. I was really hoping this was possible. I know Dell released a bios for the optiplex 755 that unlocks the feature, so I was hoping I could use that in a way.

Thanks anyway for the help. You’ll probably see me back here then when I purchase my new computer.