Optiplex 7010 and VPro/AMT/ME

@plutomaniac
thank you very much, i use fix2(FF at ME), it’s very Perfect. but i don’t login mebx ,what 's the password? thank you again and again.
mymeinfo below.one before,and other is fix2.

mymeinfo2.rar (1.94 KB)

Yeap, it looks perfect. The default Intel MEBx password is "admin".

thank you for your reply, I use google search what’s Intel MEBX default password, found password is “admin”,then i reboot my pc to try it.is right. and you give me the password very quick,You are very kind, I am very grateful.

So, for what its worth, I just performed this procedure on my Linux based T1700. FITC works well under Wine, and I used flashrom while in maintenance mode to dump the old flash for FITC, and write the new flash back.

Hi Plutomaniac,

I have a Optiplex 9010 and updated the Dell official release BIOS A25(O9010A25.exe). I can use CTRL+P enter MEBx menu and make some setting.
but i found some problems, my problems below. i think (1) and (2) caused by 3G same as jwlu. i use FITC to view my dump ME and SPI. I have no idea to change which parameters to disable Anti-Theft and 3G.
Can you help? Thanks in advance!

1) MEManufWin.exe show communication error(SERVICE_MODE on and off)
2) MEInfoWin.exe show communication error(SERVICE_MODE on)
3) When i set the remote PC to reboot to ISO image(IDE Redirect), VNCViewer+ always show "Waiting Up to 8 Minutes For KVM FW…". even the MSDOS71.iso file only 1.5Mb.

dell_9010.part1.rar (5 MB)

dell_9010.part2.rar (3.51 MB)

@ minibug:

You cannot use tools that need the MEI driver like MEInfo and MEManuf when the SERVICE_MODE is enabled. Now, to fix any ME issues and disable Intel Anti-Theft, follow the ME cleanup guide.

Thank you for your reply, I’ll have a look first.
cause Eng is not my mother tongue, so for long article i need to use translation software.
I’d appreciate it if you could provide me a modified SPI file.

Hi Plutomaniac,

I follow the guidelines step by step. Yes, i got the file "outimage.bin", and the file size match the dumped one. I will try to flash it.

Thank you.

Well i recommend you to take support from Dell Experts as you write any clever person so Dell Experts have lot of knowledge about it. Therefore, ask them for your help. For contact details and i think some ideas that may help you in your concept check Dell OptiPlex 7010 Manual. Good Day.

Drat! I got an Optiplex 7010 off eBay with an i5-3750S (with vPro), chosen especially becuase of the vPro capability of the chip, only to find out that i can’t access ME, and then I found this thread. I had no idea ME can be disabled by the vendor.

I just noticed the sticker on the inside of the top panel saying “ME Disabled”, and that there is no CTRL+P option or ME options in the BIOS.

I’ve read the thread here and noticed at least one person who could enable ME. I noticed @plotomaniac was able to help someone. I don’t have a programmer device. Is there any hope for me to enable ME? I’d be very grateful for some help or a clear guide. I can’t contact DELL as it’s been bought off eBay.

I’m also willing to pay for your time. Please let me know.

Set the Service/ME Disable (or similarly called) jumper on the motherboard first. Then run Flash Programming Tool and dump your ME region with command “fptw -me -d me.bin”. Then compress and attach your dump for me to fix it.

I would also enable vPro on my Optiplex 7010.
Can I flash with Flash Programming tool SPI.bin from blackpac - "Attached - Delll Optiplex 7010 A21 ME v8.1.70.1590 UNLOCKED SPI.bin" with modded ME Region.

If you have the same model then you can also use the ME region provided here, follow the instructions.

Very sorry to have missed your reply! I’ll do it as soon as possible. I notice many versions of the Intel CSME tools, for different hardware versions - do you recommend one for my case (Optipex 7010 with i5-3570S) ?

I currently have Linux installed, hopefully it’s going to work.

Let me know some of your contact info, please. I’d like to donate some funds to you for your time.

EDIT: Hmm … looks like I need Windows. There is an EFI64 folder, but no Linux executable.

If you read the ME thread, you’ll see that ME8 System Tools can be used on your platform. There are no Linux tools, most of them have builds for Windows, DOS and/or EFI environments though. My previous reply to you mentions what needs to be done first.

Ok, I got windows up and running on it and dumped the ME using the v8 as you indicated. Uploaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/13wkblgzrxw86jg/me.bin

I’m eagerly awaiting your diagnosis and hope to get AMT working.

The donation iintention still stands (a paypal address perhaps?).

Here you go, cleaned/updated/AMT-enabled ME region attached. Use Flash Programming Tool with command “fptw -rewrite -me -f me_fix.bin” followed by “fptw -greset”. After the restart, you should have AMT enabled. Don’t forget to set the service jumper back for the ME to work.

Thank you for your intention aquarc. You can find my link at ME Analyzer’s github page.

me_fix.rar (2.44 MB)

You’re awesome, thanks a bunch (even if it happens not to work). Will try it now.

It should work just fine, everyone else has managed to enable AMT. Let’s see though…

Well, I may then be the exception. Flashing went fine. Then rebooted. Then put the jumper back on the mobo. There is still no ME in the bios, nor Ctrl+P during boot (also tried pressing Ctrl+P repeatedly after reboot hoping it was the monitor too slow to display it). Attached a photo of the BIOS. Is there still hope?

I donated 10 EUR to you for your time nonetheless.

20171109_194822.jpg