[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@plumch : As soon as you touch the *.INF file by removing or adding anything, the related driver loses its digital signature.
That is why I gave you the advice to install the original driver without adding the missing HardwareIDs. Is it so difficult to understand my last post?

@Fernando i said in my first post that problem is hardware id not included in asmedia drivers, so only ms driver work, but i want to use asmedia driver. install original asmedia driver gives only as a result ms driver in device manager. have i explained clearly now? thanks)

@plumch : Provided, that the driver itself (= the *.SYS file) supports your ASMedia USB 3.1 Controller, you are able to install the original driver, whose *.INF file doesn’t contain the exact HardwareIDs of your specific USB Controller, but the installation has to be forced by using the “Have Disk” button, navigating to the related *.INF file and chosing a compatible (wrong) Controller.
If you believe, that only the MS driver is working with your system, why do you want to install an ASMedia driver? The driver’s function and compatibility is layed down within the code of the *.SYS file and not within the *.INF file. All my mod+signed drivers contain the untouched original driver (= .SYS file). All I have done is customizing the related text (=.INF) file and giving the complete package a digital signature.

@Fernando ,problem solved, i’m very happy with performance
thank you very much!

@plumch : How did you solve your problem? Did you follow my advice or did you have another idea?

@Fernando , yes, update xhci controller & hub via 1.16.60.1 original asmedia driver from "have disk" and force , manual delete ms driver,reboot & see asmedia driver via device manager
dpc-isr 0us and <= 1 us 99.9%
thank you again!

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying several different drivers for my on board USB C 3.1 ASMedia of my Asus Z370-A but I cannot get it to work with my external audio interface Audient ID14.
So far I tried this versions: 1.16.47.2, 1.16.59.1, 1.16.61.1 but any of those got the USB C 3.1 to work.

Do you guys have any idea of what might be happening? Please let me know if I can provide more details, thanks

The "pure 64bit Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 WHQL for Win7 with DPInst option" finds no drivers to install for a motherboard with Intel 9 Series Chipset. The "Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers & Software Set v5.0.4.43_v2 WHQL for Win7" installs drivers fine for the same motherboard.

@leitzs :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
To be able to help you I need the HardwareIDs of your on-board ASMedia USB 3.1 Controller.
Please run the Device Manager, expand the section “USB Controllers” and do the following with all listed devices, which has the word “Controller” within its name:
right-click onto the device, then choose the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@kyriacos :
Please post the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Controller (if you don’t know how to get them, see above).

@Fernando
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CB1&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CB1&SUBSYS_50071458
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CB1&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CB1&CC_0C03

@kyriacos : Thanks for posting the HardwareIDs.
Here are the related entries for the DeviceID DEV_8CB1 within the file named iusb3xhc.inf of the “pure 64bit Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 WHQL for Win7 with DPInst option” and “pure” driver and the “Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers & Software Set v5.0.4.43_v2 WHQL for Win7”:

[Intel.NTAMD64.6.1]
%IUsb3XhcDeviceDesc01% = IUsb3XhcModel, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&REV_00
%IUsb3XhcDeviceDesc01% = IUsb3XhcModel, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&REV_01
%IUsb3XhcDeviceDesc01% = IUsb3XhcModel, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&REV_02
%IUsb3XhcDeviceDesc01% = IUsb3XhcModel, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&REV_03
%IUsb3XhcDeviceDesc01% = IUsb3XhcModel, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&REV_04
%IUsb3XhcDeviceDesc01% = IUsb3XhcModel, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&REV_05
%IUsb3XhcDeviceDesc01% = IUsb3XhcModel, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CB1&REV_00
%IUsb3XhcDeviceDesc01% = IUsb3XhcModelServer, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D31

Since both entries are identical, both drivers should either work or not with your on-board Intel USB 3.0 Controller.
I suspect, that it is the DPInst tool, which did not work properly, because the SUBSYS details of your specific Controller are missing within the related *.INF file.

@Fernando
So, in other words do I always have to use the complete Drivers and Software Set as I did and not the "pure" 32/64bit drivers?

@kyriacos : Yes, in your case I recommend to use the installer of the complete Drivers & Software Set.
It should be theoretically possible to get the "pure" Intel USB 3.0 drivers properly installed without using the DPInst tool, but it is a mess, because you may not have access to the keyboard and mouse anymore after having installed the Controller driver (to get access to them again, you will have to additionally install the Hub and the Switch driver).

Hi @Fernando , I have the same problem as HeikoN, I must have done something wrong with the installation. Messed up some files and so on. Chaos. Not a techie unfortunately.
But now I’m unable to find the link to the drivers for the Intel 300-series anymore. I have an ASUS B360 Motherboard with the Intel B360 chipset. I’m running W10 64bit.
At the moment I can only use a PS/2 mouse but no USB-connection at all.

@NuWave007 : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Please post a screenshot showing the expanded content of the Device Manager’s “USB Controllers” section and the HardwareIDs of your on-board USB 3.0/3.1 Controller (right-click onto it > “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > "HardwareIDs).
Then I will try to help you.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

hi
Could someone help me to find windows 7 modded usb drivers?

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_86941043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C03

@meffo :
I do not offer modded Intel USB 3.1 drivers, which do support the outdated OS Win7 on systems with a modern chipset.
If you would have read carefully the chapter E of this thread’s start post, you would have found this:

@Fernando
Links for Renesas USB 3.0 Drivers (Gen 1) original drivers 32-bit and 64-bit are not working. Main links files are 0 bytes in size and mirrors are not working (General Exception While Processing messages).

@kyriacos : Thanks for the info.
Meanwhile I have re-uploaded the related Renesas driverpacks and fixed the download links.

Under Windows 7 64-bit with latest updates and drivers installed and no errors in device manager, the motherboard’s (Intel 9-Series) USB ports are not working at 3.0 speeds. Transfer speeds are very slow
(15-30 MB/sec) and the led of different external hard disks connected to different ports remain white instead of blue. The same happens when connecting the external lard disks to two Renesas (Generation 1 and 2) pcie cards on the same motherboard, so it seems to be a more general problem and not a hardware failure or driver issue. I was able to fix similar problems in the past with the onboard ports by uninstalling and re-installing drivers, but this seems to be a different scenario since it also happens with the pcie cards. Any ideas what might be causing the problem?