[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

hello im writing this post for anyone that i can help i have Renesas USB 3.0 Drivers on a Sony VAIO VPCF23Z1E with Win7 with the latest ESU updates
i have updated the drivers with the latest from here

i bought this hdd docking station https://www.lc-power.com/en/product/acce…/lc-dock-u3-4b/
my problem is that when i shutdown the notebook, the hdd go to spin off and suddenly spin up again and dont turn off.
i have disabled the usb suspend from the control panel,one thing i noticed is that on device manager on renesas usb 3.0 root hub, the tab power management is missing

any ideas?
ps i didn’t test with the factory drivers of the usb.

@alzcore397 : What do you think are "the latest drivers from here"? Please give us the exact name, manufacturer, version number and variant (original/modded) of the USB drivers you have recently installed.

check the photos thanks

Capture.PNG

original driver.PNG

original driver2.PNG

@alzcore397 : Your installed USB 3.0 drivers are nearly 2 years older than the ones I am offering above for the manual installation.

ok but i dont undestand what you mean :stuck_out_tongue:

@alzcore: Your recently inserted screenshots show, that you are using the Renesas USB 3.0 drivers v2.0.32.0 dated 10/12/2010, which are not the latest ones.
The latest ones for your on-board USB Controller are the v2.0.39.0 ones dated 08/21/2012.

as i told you i have tested with the latest drivers and i have the problem.the screenshots with the original drivers are old of mine.

anyway any idea why i have this problem? is it the docking station? also why the reneses root hub does not have the power management tab???

@alzcore397 : I cannot answer these questions. You should better ask the Company Renesas.

What would a power management tab do if the notebook is powered off? There are normally 2 settings: Allow to wake up the PC and Allow to power off the hub to save power. Both aren’t relevant in your case.

Some bios allow for charging on certain USB ports- checked that?

Since the docking station has its own power supply- how should it know what to do with the disks when the USB host is powered off? You might as well simply switch it off by hand? And it might be the firmware of the docking station. There isn’t even mentioned what kind of USB-SATA bridge they’re using, if you’d know that you could search for another device that has a better firmware. If I remember right, when I searched for my device there were several firmwares out which also were different in suspend behaviour.

So this seems not at all to be related to the Renesas driver- use the latest linked here.

@lfb6 :
my bios hasnt an option for usb
my station has tis own power supply
usb-sata bridge? what do you mean?

Edit by Fernando: Direct addressing added (to make clear whom the author meant)

Well, your harddisks have SATA ports, your docking station is connected to the PC via USB. And there’s ‘something’ inn between that bridges 2 different protocols. An example is a JMicron JMS578 which has several firmwares available since different vendors implemented different behanviour (JMS578 firmwares on station drivers).

As written this is just an example, I don’t know which chip your docking station uses…

Hello,

I have an Asus Strix X570 F-Gaming MOBO and windows always installs "AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible host controller 1.10 (microsoft).

I have a Ryzen 5800x.

Hardware IDs:
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_149C&SUBSYS_88081043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_149C&SUBSYS_88081043
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_149C&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_149C&CC_0C03

Windows 11

I have verified the ports with my external SSD which uses 3.0, it has its own power bank so I assume that’s why it’s working?

I tried your download for 3.10 for AMD and Microsoft just installed over it after reboot.

EDIT: My purpose for the custom drivers is because multiple devices I have keep only using 2.0 despite being 3.0 with 3.0 cables.

EDIT2: I should also mention that one of the devices eventually changed to 3.0 (WiFi dongle) when I connected to it with my phone. However it has gone back to 2.0 now.

Rolf

According to the information at the first page about ASMedia Drivers ("All Windows Operating Systems from Vista up seem to be supported.")
I can confirm that the 32bit ASMedia USB 3.0+3.1 Driver v1.16.61.1 is working on XP (I have this ASMedia 1042 controller on my PCIe card)

@Fernando
Here is the USB driver for ZhaoXin_Universal_Windows_XHCI,support UAS.
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/flG0Hi8KdDoSow

@canonkong
Thanks for the information and the link.
As soon as I have finished my travel I will have a look into the linked driverpack.

I realize that this is an old thread, but I’m wondering if Fernando had any upgradable for USB 3.0 extensible host controller driver pertaining to Intel(R) 6 series/C200 series chipset on the link provided on this thread?

I note that the oldest modded one he has is intel 7 series but I’m not sure if that would work for this one.

Thank you

@canoncong
After having returned from my travel I was able to do a deeper look into the ZhaoXin USB 3.0 and UASP drivers, which you had linked recently.
Although I am unsure, whether they are usable with modern Windows Operating Systems from Win8 up, I have added them to the start post of this thread. Please check the related part of the updated topic starter and post your comment, if anything should be altered/added/removed.
Thanks again for your contribution!

@Hornetzero
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I am sorry, but I don’t offer mod+signed Intel USB 3.0 drivers for an Intel 6-Series Chipset system. This would require a modification of the driver’s hex code and I don’t want to start touching the *.SYS file of any Copyright protected driver.
If you should want neverless a modded Intel USB 3.0 driver for your system, you may search elsewhere.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando Well that’s a problem because I’m not that tech-savvy. I don’t even know where to start searching. I did a google search and found nothing. Is there anyway I can get your intel 7 ones to work on my laptop?

@Hornetzero
All my mod+signed Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers are available within the start post of this thread, but it is rather unlikely, that they will work with an Intel 6-Series chipset system.

@Fernando Well can you refer me to somewhere where I can get that help? This is a legitimate problem because two out of three of my usb ports stop functioning and I need that one to use my mouse. Resorting to use the touchpad for too long would cause carpal tunnel syndrome.