[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@alexfoggy : About which specific driver are you talking?
Only if you successfully install any of my mod+signed drivers you will see the Win-RAID CA Signature.
When you still see Microsoft’s Signature (= WHQL stamp) after having tried to install any of my mod+signed drivers, you can be sure, that the mod+signed driver hasn’t been accepted by the OS.

@Fernando
Maybe i should try do install them in the safe mode?
How I can check that Win-RAID CA Signature was installed successfully in the system?
Could you also please advise Intel USB 3.0 drivers to my system?
Also , I thought that maybe I download wrong version of the certificate, not for my OS. Could you please provide a link where to download Win Raid certificate for Win 7 x64?

@Fernando

I have to install the Win-RAID CA Signature. But maybe i have download an incorrect signature for my Windows 7 x64.
After that I have download ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1 from here tread as you have mentioned.
But after 4 times of installing of this drivers my OS won’t able to set the Win-RAID CA Signature, instead of that I can see Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher signature…

I don’t know how to solve that problem and install the signature and drivers correctly.
Please advice

@alexfoggy :

That wouldn’t solve your problems.

Once the Certificate has been successfully imported by the OS, you will get a message about it. Maybe the import did not work, because the path to the Certificate was too long. Solution: Copy the folder named "Certificate" into the root of drive C: or drive D: and try to re-execute the import.

You can find all my recommended USB 3.0/3.1 drivers within the start post of this thread.

@Fernando

Sorry for my English, but I didn’t understand you properly in which root of drive C, I should copy the folder named “Certificate”?
And now i am unable to find in topics the file with the certificate. Where to download it?
Sorry once again…

@alexfoggy :
Regarding the update of the Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers I recommend to do the following:

1. Download and unzip >this< driverpack.
  2. Copy the complete folder named “Certificate” into the drive C: (the new path should be C:\Certificate).
  3. Right-click onto the file named ImportCertificate.cmd and choose the option “Run as Admin”. A popup CMD window will appear and you will be asked by the OS, whether you want to continue. Type “y” (for “yes”). After having done that, you will get the information from the OS, that the Certificate has been successfully imported.
  4. After the next reboot you should be able to get the 3 required Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers installed. The easiest way to get all 3 drivers installed at once is to right-click onto the file named DPInst64.exe and to choose the option “Run as Admin”.

@Fernando

Hello, have successfully installed the Intel USB 3.0/3.1. Than you.
But still unable to install ASmedia driver. The system didn’t recognize the certificate for it.

@alexfoggy :

Which specific driver (I need the package name) did you try to install and how did you do it?

@Fernando

This one >"pure" 32/64bit ASMedia USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v1.16.61.1 WHQL for Win7-8<

Update manually drivers in Device Manager

@alexfoggy : Maybe ASMedia’s Win7 driver has not been properly signed by MS or ASMedia.
In this case I recommend to download the package named “ASMedia USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers & Software Set v1.16.61.1 WHQL” and to run the setup.exe (after having unzipped the *.rar archive).

EDIT: After having done a deeper look into Microsoft’s Digital Signature Certificate of ASMedia’s Win7 USB 3.0/3.1 drivers I have realized, that it has expired in March 2021. If you want, I can sign it with a refreshed Win-RAID CA Certificate.

@Fernando

Hello have tried to instal the mentioned driver

but it still installing with Windows certificate, instead of Win-Raid CA. Thought that maybe drivers were not properly signed by signature…
Could you please provide any more variations of installing?

@alexfoggy :
There is obviously nothing to worry about the digital signature of the ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1 drivers. They were made (compiled) by ASMedia and got as last step the digital signature (WHQL stamp) from Microsoft. This is the normal procedure for all non-Microsoft drivers for all Windows Operating Systems.
Since I have never modified any ASMedia USB driver, you cannot expect the Win-RAID CA signature on them.

@Fernando
Understand. Thank you)

I wish to run Windows 7 64-bit on new hardware and wonder if it is a bit late to get it working on newest machines? I think my only realistic hope is this forum.

I managed to install Windows 7 on a separate SSD but all the PCIe system was showing yellow triangles and I had no keyboard or trackpad, although I could use a wireless mouse. I was not able to connect to the internet though and so I could not use any service to find drivers. In fact that might not have worked anyway because a lot of the time those driver updater services can really mess things up.

I’m interested in hiring someone who can make a successful installation kit for me. I have the original installation CD and I can make the installation file on USB and can get the USB three drivers and NVMe onto the system. My BIOS looks like rubbish. It doesn’t seem to have the kind of configuarability any serious user would expect.

The machine is an ASUS ROG Strix G15LV or I see it as G512LV. I’ll confirm that as soon as I get back to the little beast.

Thanks to everyone for looking at this and considering it. This looks like a really good place. If nothing can be done here, then I’ll have to decide what I want to use horrible Windows 10 for, but it’s not invited me to any serious work yet! Wish Microsoft would have provided a Windows 7 skin because I suspect its all there underneath, just not in the way us older users from the ZX81 / BBC Micro era are accustomed to access the features. Don’t get me wrong; there are a handful of good new features. Its the aesthetics that disappoint me so much.

@Win7Man :
Since Win7 is outdated and not fully supported by Microsoft and the Chipset Manufacturers anymore, I recommend to have a look into >this< Sub-Forum and regarding your Intel USB 3.0/3.1 related questions into >this< specific thread.
Good luck!

Hi.

I’d like to ask if VEN_1B21&DEV_3241 will work with ASMedia 1.16.61.1 Driver for Windows 7.
Also is there any driver for intel VEN8086&DEV_06ED USB Intel and VEN8086&DEV_06D2 SATA Intel also w7?

@esss : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
None of the original ASMedia or Intel USB drivers (and none of my mod+signed ones) do support your posted HardwareIDs while running Win7.
Nevertheless you may find working Win7 drivers for your system within >this< Sub-Forum.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

hmm ok, do u have any drivers for this sata VEN8086&DEV_06D2 maybe?? :slight_smile:

@esss : Your recent question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
If you don’t want to use the generic Win7 in-box MS AHCI driver, you can use the mod+signed “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID driver v15.9.8.1050”, which I am offering >here<.

Fernando, thank you for the drivers for my HM87 chipset, I was having USB3.0 port disconnect problem with my PC for months tried getting all types of USAP docks from Jmicron to ASM controllers but the USB would reset always with I/O load. Your work fixed it thank you very much. Also sorry for posting this here, your global message about site going down, it’s heartbreaking. I hope there is a way for us to donate and help if possible. There’s so much amount of knowledge on the forum that is invaluable and losing it would be a big blow.