[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

Yes from Begin to end it was constant 25mb/s Write today … With External USB3 Drive… and test with 5GB video file.

After i Install all your Drivers again ( Now with DPInst64 ) and make Restart, i got the 100-110mb/s Write constantly back again. So the reason is not the connected device !

So i think your drivers got delete or overwrite anything by itself or win ?

I’ll see how long it lasts now

You do know old utility UsbView, do you? Today I searched for it and discovered two things: (1) Internet offers very old version of utility for download, and (2) there are up to date source files for this utility at github.com
(https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-driver-samples).

So I went for source files and managed to build fresh version of UsbView
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1rsrjzq2wcls9l/usbview.zip

Bundle contains two executable files - x86 and x64.
Both files were built with Windows10 as a target platform. I tested it both on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and it worked.

There are command line parameters to save full report into either txt- or xml-file. Execute with “/?” to see the help on these parameters.

@mbk1969 Your version work on Win7_x64 Z97 mobo,too.

@Horus Cool!

[If i have posted this incorrectly, please forgive that I am new here]

I hope that my signature contains all the relevant information about my system: in brief, it is a Dell Laptop with two Intel 3.1 Gen 1 ports and one INtel 3.1 Gen 2 port of type C supporting DisplayPort and Thunderbolt.
I installed the DPInst drivers at the start of this forum hoping that it might by itself solve my problem, but it has not.

My problem is that as a result of some random behind-the-scenes upgrade, My display port monitor, connected by a USB-C to DIsplayPort cable, has ceased to work. And in the device manager of my machine, indeed I see that the UCSI USB Connection Manager has a yellow triangle, and reports the error that “the device has been stopped because it reported problems. (Error 43)”. I could find no advice online except to uninstall the device and hope for the best.Unfortunately, I can uninstall the device, but that doesn’t uninstall the driver.

Could you suggest a way to truly uninstall the software driver itself, or suggest some way to replace it with one that will not give me Error 43?

Of course, I don’t actually care about Error 43 per se – I would like to get video flowing to my display port monitor.

If I uninstall the device, and then physically erase the .sys file and its backup, will that cause Windows to reinstall a driver from Windows update?
The driver for this USCI USB connection manager is the single file UcmUcsi.sys

Thanks very much indeed,
Scott

@sbpetrack :
Hello Scott,
welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

As long as we don’t know the reason for the “Error 43”, it is not easy to help you.
What happens when you do a right-click onto the Intel USB 3.0 Controller, choose the option “Uninstall device” and reboot thereafter?

It makes no sense to uninstall the USB 3.0 drivers, it is always better to replace them.
The only alternative drivers are the generic MS Win10 in-box USB 3.0 drivers.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you for such a prompt reply. I’m embarrassed to say that I made two errors in my original post. One is an error of fact: The driver for the “USB Connection Manager” is UcmUcsi.sys; I’ve corrected my post. The other error is obviously just one of explanation: this USB Connection Manager seems to be it’s own device family. It does not use the USB drivers directly, but rather its driver UcmUcsi.sys uses the USB drivers. I will attach a screen-snippet from my device manager which I hope will make things clearer.
(actually, I don’t see anything but the “Quick Reply” button;nonetheless, after I post this text, i’ll try to post a picture.
The yellow triangle I’m seeing is NOT with USB drivers, and I’m NOT suggesting uninstalling THEM. The yellow triangle is next to the USB Connection Manager. That device has a single file – UcmUcsi.sys – as its driver.
My question about uninstalling the driver was this: Because the problem seems to be with a “device that is reporting problems”, one thing I wanted to do was to make certain that the driver files I have are intact and not corrupt. One standard way to do this is to uninstall the driver and then either reboot or choose to detect new hardware. WHen you do this, in principle, Windows goes and checks in a central database for the correct driver to installed. For this to work, two things are required: There must be no driver instralled already, and the Windows Update back-end has to know about the device. Normally, I thought, there is a checkbox in the Uninstall dialog which I can check to delete the driver softwrare form the local database. But in this case, with the USB Connection Manager, I did not see that checkbox. So I couldn’t uninstall the driver in the usual manner. This is why I was asking if I could uninstall the device and then manually go to the driver-store and erase the file UcmUcsi.sys. I was asking if this will trigger WIndows to go to the Net to find the Connection Manager driver software (not the ordinary USB software). Or perhaps it is a very stupid thing to erase driver files in this manner
And the other question I was asking was if by some miracle you included a UcmUcsi.sys driver in your latest Intel USB package. As far as I could tell, you had USB controller drivers only. I would love a UcmUcsi driver package that I knew was not corrupt. I note that whatever it is, the Microsoft driver dates from 2006!! So I imagine that there is a new version from ??? (Intell?).
I found several posts online which desribed an identical problem to mine, and said that in the end the solution was a motherboard replacement. But there was one post which described the same problem and said that a clean install of windows fixed the problem. Imagine! replacing a motherboard because they can’t be bothered to avoid corrupting a driver during an upgrade of Windows, combined with not bothering to make an install package for the specific driver so that it can be 'refreshed’
Bottom line: i did want to uninstall a driver by uninstalling the device and nuking the file, but i wanted to do this to trigger the automagic restoration of the file that would take place as a result. And I was hoping that you might have a package to install those USB-related drivers.
Just to complete the picture, the hardware ID of the USB connection Manager is ACPI\VEN_USB&DEV_C000

To answer your specific question:
>What happens when you do a right-click onto the Intel USB 3.0 Controller, choose the option “Uninstall device” and reboot thereafter?

THe answer is that I have no problems with your drivers for my USB – on the contrary, they restored all sorts of nits that hand bothered me for some time. So I didn’t uninstall that device. I right-clicked an uninstalled the device with a yellow triangle, not a healthy device. And what happened when I reboot after the uninstall is that after the reboot is over, I have exactlty what I had before: a yellow triangle and Error 43 for that device. (Of course, I haven’t uninstalled AND erased the drivers yet).
I hope this is clearer. And I thank you very much for your help.
scott

You can try to delete the file UcmUcsi.sys from the Windows\System32\drivers and Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\UsmUcsi.inf… folders, but you should keep in mind, that this is an MS Win10 in-box driver without an alternative offered by Intel.

As I already have written, the normal and much better option to get rid of a specific driver is to replace it by another one, but in this case I don’t know any.

This is not possible, because I do not have access to any Intel driver, which supports the HardwareIDs of your device listed as “USB Connection Manager”.
Regarding the Error 43 message I recommend read >this<.

Do you have any modded USB 3.0 drivers for Intel series 6 C200, or even later than the year 2010 version from Intel?

I had already installed the latest drivers from Renesas 2.1.39.0 which you have listed on your site. The Generic USB drivers from Microsoft are dated year 2006. This seems to work ok in Win7 with the exception that it shows only high-speed rather than super-speed.

My issue is more with Win10 where the transfer speed slows drastically when transferring files, taking hours instead of minutes to copy files to a USB external hard drive. This is on a dual boot Win7/10 using the same USB port and hard drive.

@Bert2018 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

To be able to answer your question I need the HardwareIDs of the on-board Intel USB 3.0 Controller (right-click onto it > “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”).

Yes, but they are much newer (have been compiled by Microsoft together with the related OS).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks Fernando,

Here are the hardware IDs:
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_01941033&REV_04
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_01941033
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&CC_0C03

Regards,
Bert

@Bert2018 :
Your on-board Nec/Renesas USB 3.0 Controller is natively supported by the Renesas Gen1 USB 3.0 drivers v2.1.39.0 WHQL.
So there is no reason to modify anything.

Yes, I installed the v2.1.39.0 drivers years ago from Station drivers to rectify an issue with the drivers provided by Asus. The original drivers stopped working intermittently for both USB 2.0/3.0 requiring a reboot before the wireless keyboard/mouse(USB2.0) would work again. I never used USB 3.0 until recently for mass storage devices. In W7, the transfer rate starts out at 160+MB/sec, dropping to 99+MB/sec which should be USB3.0 speeds from what I have read but the status shows high-speed rather than super-speed. In W10, the speed starts out similarly, but within seconds drops to 10-20+MB/sec. Both OS experience disconnects, acting like it has just discovered again the USB device. I have Autoplay turned off so I don’t constantly get the popup window asking what action to take for the new drive. I was hoping to get different drivers for the Intel section, primarily the Intel(R) 6 Series/C200Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller-1C26 and 1C2D.

I also read somewhere on your site about the ability to use newer drivers that weren’t specifically meant for older controllers, such as the 3.x.xx.x series drivers from Renesas for newer USB controllers like the C216 etc.

As I mentioned earlier, it is primarily the W10 drivers that have the most problems even with the same latest Renesas v2.1.39.0 drivers installed in W10 as well. The motherboard is an Asus Maximus IV Extreme which Asus hasn’t updated drivers for since W8 and isn’t on the supported list for W10. W10 works just fine except for the USB issues. The USB issues are well known on the Asus forums and the v2.1.39.0 drivers cured the disconnect issues for USB 2.0, but nothing seems to fix the USB 3.0 issues.

Thanks,
Bert

Thanks,
Bert

@Bert2018 :
I am sorry, but I cannot help you. What you your system may need, are newer/better Renesas Gen1 USB 3.0 drivers, but this can only be done by Renesas. I am not able to compile the drivers (= *.SYS files) themselves.
When I modify a driver, I customize only the associated INF files by adding HardwareIDs, which are natively not supported.

I have a problem with my SANDISK Extreme GO USB 3.1 64 GB pendrive. It is fast in writing and reading on my Windows 10 computer, but it is slow on Windows 7 64bit. I wanted to ask if i can install drivers on Windows 7 that can take advantage of the maximum speed of the pendrive. For example it is possible transfer the driver of the Windows 10 in Windows 7?

@galaxy76 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

I am sorry, but I cannot help you, if the specific USB drivers, which were delivered by the manufacturer of the related USB 3.1 Controller, don’t work properly.

AFAIK it is generally not possible to use a generic MS Win10 in-box driver with another Windows Operating System (simple reason: in-box drivers don’t have an associated *.cat file, which is absolutely required for a proper installation). The only exception is the generic MS Win10 in-box NVMe driver, where Microsoft has released a specific Hotfix to make it usable with Win7.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for the reply. In any case, there is a mod driver able to work well and take advantage of the new pendrive at a speed exceeding 70mb / s writing on Windows 7?

On Windows 10 my SANDISK Extreme USB pendrive 3.1 64 GB reaches 90mb / s in writing and 170mb / s in reading. On Windows 7 64bit I have only 35 mb / s write. (same computer with chipset h170 intel Series 100)

@Fernando

I have tested “pure 64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 mod+signed by Fernando with DPInst option.rar” on Win8.1, ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE (Z77) and I’ve found that DPInst installation procedure went flawlessly.
All 3 components have properly installed “Win-RAID CA” sert.

Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller:
ID … PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04
inf (iusb3xhc.inf) … PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&REV_04

Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub:
ID … IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_1E31&REV_0004&SID_84CA1043
inf (iusb3hub.inf) … IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30

Intel(R) USB 3.0 Host Controller Switch:
ID … *PNP0A08 or ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0A08
inf (iusb3hcs.inf) … *PNP0A08

BUT. I’ve found an issue within Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller itself.
At the first look everything looks nice, as it should be after successful installation + reboot.
But this device have a hided issues not easy to find. They may being missed at the first look.

It would be nice you test the next things also on your Z170 system.
(I don’t remember some exact English names, but I hope you will find the correspondent names/options easily)

1) Open Properties of the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller in the Device Manager.
Go to the 4-th tab “Events” → “Watch all events…” button. Then event logs section for this device will be created.
You will see some logs in this section, including errors, if any.
So, I have event about successful insallation. But there is a function errors too. For example:

An issue launching the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&A0.
Driver name: oem133.inf
GUID class: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Service: iusb3xhc
Issue: 0x15

2) Try reinstall Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller simply Right-Clicking on it in the Device Manager (don't open the Properties).
Then choose "Automatically" method. In my situation it immediately changed to some older standard MS driver, that is not good/right.
This is a small proof of the some driver problem or incopatibility.

Fortunately, such weird downgrading doesn't happen within the rest two components of the mod package.
Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub and Intel(R) USB 3.0 Host Controller Switch looking healthy (no installation errors, no functioning errors for now).
Also, they have healthy logs (i.e. P.1 events)

Trying to understand why my fairly new 1 year old WD 4TB Easystore backup usb drive suddenly became corrupted after backing up and restoring some steam files. I couldn’t even open its contents and got a ‘Drive has become corrupted’ message when trying to access the drive. Was using the USB Asmedia 1142 controller running 150707_30_02_10 firmware and the latest 1.16.51.1 drivers. I had to run ‘Chkdsk /f’ to get the drive operational. Now copying every file I can onto another storage device. Does anyone @Fernando think it was the controller that damaged the contents of the drive or maybe my harddrive is actually failing?

Thanks

@Fernando
I’ve tested the same pack on Win10, x64, LTSB 2016.
[+] DPInst64 works well, no errors during installation process.
[+] All “Win-RAID CA” serts have been installed

Issues with Intel(R) [b]USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller :
[-] Yellow triangle onto device (Device Manager): the device not working properly at all
[-] Wrong digital sign message inside the device properties (in spite of installed “Win-RAID CA” sert), error Code: 52
[-] Function errors inside the driver properties, “Events” section (nearly same as described in my previous post about Win8.1 tests)

Also standard MS driver (from the box) likely a bit newer - 08.10.2017 (v10.0.14393.1794)
I’m guessing, MS online repository have even more fresh “Intel(R) [b]USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller” driver, but I didn’t check for the newer Win10 drivers online yet.
(Just for your info).