[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@Jodec :
Although I don’t like to change the real driver dates (it is absolutely misleading for the users), I have created for testing purposes a driverpack, which contains the “pure 64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 mod+signed by Fernando with DPInst option and wrong dates”.
Please test it and give us your feedback.
P.S.: This driverpack supports Intel 7-Series chipsets as well.

EDIT: The attached package with changed driver dates has been removed by me.

Thank you Fernando but what I tell you before is wrong. I suggest you delete the modded drivers with wrong Date.

The driver replacement is not caused for the Date is caused for the RANK, more precisely for the Feature score. I tested the moded drivers with the wrong dates and the "Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" driver is still replaced with the inbox driver, so I went and read on the MS website and found the following:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows…lection-process
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows…ista-and-later-

So, if we look at the Ranks of the drivers we see that the Intel driver is ranked poorly (FF) in the Feature score value because in it’s INF file is not specified a FeatureScore value and Windows assigns the default (lowest). In the other hand the MS driver has a better value (80) and thats why it replaces the Intel driver, because it has preference (00FF2001 > 00802005).

If we look at the MS’s INF file (usbxhci.inf) we see the following:

[Generic.Install.NT]
CopyFiles = Generic.CopyFiles, TrustletCopy
AddProperty = Generic.AddProperty
ExcludeID=PCI\VEN_1B73&DEV_1000&CC_0C0330
ExcludeID=PCI\VEN_1B73&DEV_1400&CC_0C0330
ExcludeID=PCI\VEN_1B73&DEV_1009&REV_00
; FeatureScore values between 0x00-0x7F are reserved. Values 0x81-0xFE are for OEMs.
FeatureScore=80

So the solution should be to add a Feature score Value in the Intel's INF file (iusb3xhc.inf) equal or lower than "80". I think it should be like this in the 3rd row:

[IUsb3XhcModel]
CopyFiles = IUsb3XhcModel.CopyList
FeatureScore=00

I think "00" should be future proof. And that will be all. I hope it can be possible, and in this way the Driver's Date, Version or whatever, remain untouched.

EDIT by Fernando: The post has been partly re-formatted by me (to save space and for a better readability).

@Jodec :
Thank you very much for having found and published the MS article about its driver ranking resp. the sort of their selection.
Although I doubt, that your final idea is the solution for all problems we got with the installation of modded drivers (pay attention to this INF file entry: “between 0x00-0x7F are reserved. Values ​​0x81-0xFE are for OEMs”), I will give it a try.

Yes I read it before and copy it because I want every one read it too.

I think MS is pushing hard it’s USB3.0 / 3.1 drivers so that the manufacturers develop their devices with their model drive, avoiding fragmentation of devices working for one model and not for others, because I think that is not normal that MS specifies that value in the string entry in its INF files and surely is keeping out the manufacturers to make compatible USB 3.0 / 3.1 drivers for Windows 8+ for the same reason through contracts or clauses.

So I do not think “reserved” is really something bad, maybe is it’s way to keep away the developers of puting its drivers front.

After installing the driver (64bit DPInst Set with Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 mod+signed by Fernando) in the tray, there appeared an icon Extract" Intel Root Hub (R) USB 3.1 ", how to remove it.
My current System:
MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha (Z170), CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K, Disk Drives: 256 GB Samsung 850 PRO, Graphics: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1060, OS: Win10 Pro x64

@Crashmoto :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

I doubt, that the systray icon contains the word “extract”.
Id you should mean the “Safely remove hardware” icon, this is a feature to prevent, that you are loosing data while unplugging an USB Flash drive. If you want to remove or just hide that icon, please look >here<.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Yes, I meant the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon, I just do not have Usb devices attached to it, there was no icon with standard drivers.

@Jodec :
Thanks for having posted about your interesting idea.

Zitat von Jodec im Beitrag #1682
So the solution should be to add a Feature score Value in the Intel’s INF file (iusb3xhc.inf) equal or lower than “80”. I think it should be like this in the 3rd row:

[IUsb3XhcModel]
CopyFiles = IUsb3XhcModel.CopyList
FeatureScore=00

I think "00" should be future proof. And that will be all. I hope it can be possible, and in this way the Driver's Date, Version or whatever, remain untouched.
I just have sent you via PM a test version of the latest 64bit Intel USB 3./3.1 drivers, where I have tried to follow your advice.
Please test it and report, whether it works as you expected or not.

I tested your modded Intel USB driver, and can confirm that they worked like a charm and you made the right decision by adding the value to the 3 drivers since in this way the 3 will be irreplaceable.

1st. You added flawlessly the FeatureScore value in the 3 drivers, and I do a remark in the eXtensible host controller INF where I did not even realize that there was another DDInstallSection that need the value too, the [IUsb3XhcModelServer], so I can confirm to everyone that the modded Intel USB driver that Fernando offer to us is exactly the original one but with 2 simple modifications, the TargetOSVersion for installing it in any 64-bit Windows OS and now the FeatureScore value, so congratulations to him.

2nd. I tried the latest mod and can confirm that they work very well like we spected. The drivers now are not replaced never!, does not matter the driver updates and if you uninstall the devices (as long as you do not delete the driver software) they are allways installed again. I just missed check a Windows 10 Version update but I suspect that will behave the same.

3rd. In my machine the drivers work very well, they enter and exit from the Power states just fine, recognize fine the atached usb devices, read and write well at good speed and in general its behavior is stable. Besides this I checked the information and values the drivers reports in the Device manager and I say that anything is the same that without the FeatureScore value (except obviously for the FeatureScore value itself) so I really think that it is only used to rank the devices.

And thats all, I really thank to you Fernando for your patience and effort, it is really apreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to say that my system is a Windows 10 64-bit version 1803 laptop with Hardware IDs:
PCI bus=ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0A08
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller=PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&SUBSYS_09341025&REV_0E
Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub=IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_0F35&REV_000E&SID_09341025
USB Composite Device=USB\VID_04F2&PID_B47F&REV_4051

@ all:
Update of the Start Post
Changelog:

• new:
    • “pure” 32/64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 dated 05/11/2017, but now re-mod & signed by me at 08/25/2018 (with DPInst option)
    • Notes:
    1. The content of the associated INF files has been slightly altered by me according to the idea of our Forum member Jodec (for details look >here<).
      Advantage compared to the previously offered mod+signed drivers: The ranking of these mod+signed drivers during their installation may be boosted and the risk minimized, that they will be replaced later on by any updated generic MS drivers.
    2. Contrary to the previously offered mod+signed Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers these ones additionally support the Intel 3.0 Controller DEV_1E31 of Intel 7-Series Chipset systems.
  • Removed:
    • “pure” 32/64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 mod+signed by me at 07/28/2017 (without support of Intel 7-Series Chipsets)
    • “pure” 32/64bit Intel USB 3.0 Drivers v1.0.10.255 mod+signed by me at 07/02/2017

• Thanks to Jodec for his idea and for his report after having tested the freshly customized mod+signed Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers re-mod & signed by me at 08/25/2018.

Good luck with these new/customized Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers!
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

Is there any benefit from the original microsoft set ?(It has 2018 driver date).

Intel 7 series.

Capture.PNG

@ektorasdj :
    According to the feedback I got from many users the Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers gave them (resp, their USB connected devices) a by far better performance than the generic MS ones.
    Since Intel USB 3.0 Controllers with the DeviceID DEV_1E31 are natively not supported by the original Intel drivers v5.0.4.43 and I cannot test it myself, I don’t know, whether this is valid for Intel 7-Series chipset systems as well.

@Fernando . Unfortunately i couldn’t boot at all with these drivers on msi fastboot. It was keep repairing my system on startup and reboot. The problem lies with the PCI Bus driver on system devices(drivers on “Switch Driver” folder). The other problem is that the “hub driver” replaces my usb root hub 3.0 device but also the usb root hub 2.0 device(with dpinst64).Controller driver didn’t seem to have any problem. I had to delete all the drivers of this package to have msi fast boot working again with no problems.
    PC:
    MSI Z77AG45
    Intel i5 2500k
    HD7850 2GB GIGABYTE
    8GB DDR3
    WINDOWS 10 64 BIT 17134.228

I’m having the same problem (I think): If I install the latest USB 3.0/3.1 driver set on my ASUS FX502VM, the mouse and keyboard stop responding and when I restart (using the power button to shut down first), it gets stuck into a boot loop. Thankfully System Restore works to get things back into a working state. I’m not sure what MSI Fastboot is, but I don’t have my ASUS laptop configured in any special way.

@Ver_Greeneyes :
    Thanks for your report.
    Which driver version and which variant (the latest or the previous) did you install?

I used the modded 64bit Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 signed on 08/25/2018. I don’t know if I can still download the previous version. I’m running 64-bit Windows 10 version 17134.228 (the latest official) like ektorasdj.

i have same problem on asus 502 vm. repair never works. but when i choose to dissable driver signature enforcement , it boots normally. you can find that in repair options when you get stuck on boot.

@Ver_Greeneyes :
    @showlyshah :
    Thanks for your report.
    Please try the attached driver and report your result.

pure 64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 mod+signed by Fernando with DPInst option.rar (2.3 MB)

@Fernando
    I do report my results on X99 machine (Dpinst64 mode):

Intel_USB3_CTRLs_04sept18.PNG

Intel_USB3_IDs_04sept18.PNG

Intel_USB3_04sept18.PNG

I do observe numerical signature is not fully reported for HUB concentrators. Do you see why ?
    I do observe also File version of CONTROLER is based on the File version of HUB File. Is it normal ?
    However, no problem detected to use the USB 3.0 devices plugged on any USB 3.0 Intel ports. (I have no USB 3.1 Intel ports, all USB 3.1 ports are handled by a ASMedia chip only)

Not really.
    This is what I get:

Intel USB 3.0 Hub driver signature.png