[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@Eggbert43 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Some people may urgently need a doctor, but nobody needs urgently a driver for his USB Controller.
By the way: I do urgently need more time for my family and my friends…

Attached is a test version of the requested 64bit Intel USB 3.0 drivers, but I doubt, that they will work with your specific system.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

EDIT by Fernando: The attached driverpack has been removed by me, because it didn’t work.

Just want to provide some feedback about the modded Intel USB 3.0 Drivers v1.0.10.255 for windows 10 for DEV_1E31 USB 3,0 Controllers .
I have a f710 logitech controller that has a known bug with windows 10: It loses the xbox360 driver sometimes after shutdown leaving two options 1. disconnect - reconnect 2. manually installing the xbox driver from device manager.
It has probably something to do with the windows 10 usb drivers because on windows 7 it doesnt happen.
Now for the good news : I have for several days the f710 connected to a usb 3.0 port with the mentioned usb 3 drivers and for some reason the problem is solved!!!
I just wanted to write here for anyone having the same controller to try this solution (and to validate at least for me that the drivers are working great !).
All my thanks to @Fernando for providing this driver pack!!!

Whose driver’s INF file are we talking about? I’m just a few days into the Win7 + Z390 problem, but as far as I read so far, no driver for the Z390 USB 3.1-Controller exists at all - but Win10 runs fine on Z390 motherboards, so it must have some sort of inbox MS or generic driver already included (otherwise, Win10 wouldn’t work either on Z390 chipsets - the new USB 3.1-Controller obviously needs some form of driver in order to run…). But, so far I know until now, there does not exist any publicly available driver for this controller - even for W10! So, W10 must be provided with a working driver already included! Is this correct?

The first question I have is: would this OOTB driver (provided with W10) truly be a generic or MS specific driver? I ask this, because the hardware it is supposed to work for is Intel hardware and Intel hardware only

You’re doing very good - and yes, don’t hesitate to spend more time for Yourself and your loved ones

AZ

The discussion was about the INF files of the latest Intel USB3.0/3.1 drivers and the question was, whether the addition of the missing HardwareIDs would be enough to get the Z390 USB 3.1 Controller supported. The answer was: No.

Yes!

Yes, the MS USB 3.0/3.1 drivers are generic ones, which support all USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 Controllers (no matter who is the manufacturer of the Controller) and the related Hub devices.

So, if Intel hasn’t developed any driver for it’s own new controller - how can M$ possess a working driver for Intel hardware!? The hardware is Intel’s property and M$ cannot know the specifics of it’s functioning without consulting Intel…

If that’s so, then those generic drivers should also exist for other OS’es - Mac, Linux, etc. (because not everyone uses Windows and Z390 has to work on other platforms, too…)

@AbsolutelyZero:
1. When the manufacturer of a specific Controller is not able or willing to develop and release an appropriate driver for it, why should Microsoft not develop and offer a generic driver, which supports this Controller (and all others as well)?
2. Generic drivers are available for several Controllers (e.g. MS’s generic AHCI and USB 3.0 drivers, Intel’s and OpenFabrics Alliance’s generic NVMe drivers).

Because M$ needs to know the hardware’s specifics/properties, in order to develop a driver for it (at least, I assume so) - for that, they need information/advise from Intel…

By the way, I picked up this statement from another forum:Z390 USB drivers for Windows 7

I hope, this could be useful for you…
Az

Looks like Intel has just released some specifics for 300 series chipsets in this datasheet:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/chipsets/300-series-chipset-pch-datasheet-vol-1.html

@oo7 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for the info!
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi,Fernando,do you have the drivers for win7 32bit?

for this driver "Universal 64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 mod+signed by Fernando with DPInst option.rar "

Zitat von AbsoluteZero im Beitrag #1847

Fake. No one manufacturer has published a source codes for usb controllers at win platfrom.
MS created driver for win8+ based on usb 3.0 specification, but with vendor "quirks" (see linux usb3 sources), 3.1 is compatible with 3.0, so generic driver works with 3.1 too, but maybe not optimal

@Eggbert43 :

As requested I have attached the demanded driver instantly, but haven’t yet gotten any feedback from your side. That is not fair!
Did the drivers work for you?

@soyours :

Yes, I have them.
Unfortunately I haven’t yet gotten any feedback from Eggbert43 (see above). So I am rather unsure, whether my “universally” mod+signed drivers will work with your system.
What is the reason for your demand? Which are the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Controller?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

HARDware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_313317AA&REV_10 ,i have to install win7 32bit system

@soyours :
Attached is the requested 32bit Intel USB 3.0/3.1 driverpack.
Don’t forget to give us a feedback regarding the result you got with these drivers.

EDIT by Fernando: The attached driverpack has been removed by me, because it didn’t work.

Original intel’s usb3 driver(at least 5.0.4.43) hardcoded to "know" DEV_ID, so DEV=A63D and any "unknow" driver will eject
feedback is simple - "device can’t start, code xx"

I try to install it ,bu it dosen’t work ,code 10…anyway,thanks…

Hello everyone,sorry guys but i’m having issues understanding which driver suits my motherboard, i have an MSI H170 Gaming M3, should be intel and i’m stuck with the Windows 10 default drivers which is causing some compatiblity issues with some pheripherials.
Can someone kindly tell me which drivers should i install?
thank you.
Also great job @Fernando

@soyours :
Thanks for feedback.
It is a pity, that this specific problem cannot be solved by simply adding the missing HardwareIDs into the related *.INF file(s).
As you can read within >this< statement written Mov AX, 0xDEAD, it is the driver itself (= *.SYS file), which has to be customized. My knowledge is not adequate for doing that.

@creature :
If you are not satisfied with the generic Win10 in-box MS USB 3.0 drivers, I recommend to install the mod+signed variant of the “pure” 32/64bit Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43, which are available within the start post of this thread.
Don’t forget to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate, before you are going to install the 3 drivers (for the Controller, Hub and Switch devices).
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Dear comrades, perhaps you will have some advice. We have installed Windows 7 x64 on Lenovo m720q, it is based on b360 chipset, I can’t find a compatible driver for VEN_8086&DEV_A36D USB controller (from the fact that I tried to install Universal mod by Fernando also Intel 5.0.4 drivers.43_v2 (5.17 years) and earlier versions 5.0.0.32 and 5.0.3.42) all time error “this device cannot Start. (Code 10)”

@iwinstoni :
As you can read within >this< post, your specific problem cannot be solves by us.
My advice: Ask Lenovo and/or Intel for working drivers, which do support Windows 7 and your specific on-board Intel USB 3.1 Controller.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)