[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

Interesting… at this point in time, I actually wouldn’t care too much about breaking the signing system (even though it does open up a security hole.) Seems more put in place at this time to function as planned opalescence.

I’m wondering if someone might try starting up a generic MS driver and seeing what functions it calls (the additional ones you mentioned as part of 8 and up) and seeing if implementing these might make them work (sort of like the people doing the Windows 2000 extended kernel project.)

Tbh, the ultimate goal would be getting the generic drivers working on 7.

i tried win8 driver on win7 some time ago, matching import is not enough, ms usb3.x driver uses some implemenation of api on win8+.
so on win7 x32 i got kernelfault where all functions are exported from kernel/hal. i dont dig deeper

Well dang, it’s exactly what I feared then. Thanks for attempting/looking into it further than I could. I just know the 8 drivers got further/had a different error code than the newer ones.
Maybe modding the Intel driver is the way to go…

@JoeyImage
May be can you try the last ASMEDIA USB 3.x driver v1.6.55.1 available on station driver ?
@Fernando
I have installed and do use ASMEDIA USB 3.x driver v1.16.55.1 (25th october 2018) version without any problem on my Sabertooth X99 mboard, W10 x64 machine.

@ all:
Update of the Start Post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” 32/64bit ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v1.16.55.1 WHQL dated 10/25/2018 incl. DPInst option

• Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the source package.

Good luck with these new ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1 drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando

Asmedia ASM-1x4x/2x4x/3x4x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.55.1 WHQL Full Pack

@ all:
Update of the Start Post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” 32/64bit ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v1.16.55.1 WHQL for Win7 dated 10/25/2018
  • new: “pure” 32/64bit ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v1.16.55.1 WHQL for Win8 dated 10/25/2018
  • new: ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers & Software Set v1.16.55.1 WHQL for Win7-10 dated 11/14/2018

• Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the source package.

Good luck with these new ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1 drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi everyone.
First off, I’d like to say thanks to Fernando for this page.
I recently just got a USB 3.0 to HDMI converter off of ebay to extend to a second monitor. First monitor works just fine as it has since i’ve had it.
I tried connecting the second monitor to the USB-HDMI converter device but I get an error “The xHCI controller for this port cannot display high resolution” - I’ve already upgraded the host controller with @Fernando 's instruction on the page and I can see the Renesas USB3.0 controller in the Device Manager section. I do get an output when I reduce the monitor resolution to say 1024x800 though but the monitor screen just goes blank when I increase it past that. Is this a problem with the device I bought or my PC can’t output 1080P to two different monitors?
PC Spec below:
Intel® Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
HP 8460p Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Device is a USB3.0 to HDMI converter that uses Fresco Logic software installation file.

Thanks in advance for any tip/suggestion.

@danstar :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Please check and post the HardwareIDs of the related xHCI Controller.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando , it is DEV_0194.

Since I asked for the HardwareIDs, I would like to know the VendorID as well.
Which driver is the related Controller currently using (right-click onto it > “Properties” > “Driver” > “Driver details”)?

Sure thing. Please find it below:
Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller.
And it’s using driver files:
C/…\system32\DRIVERS\nusb3xhc.sys
C…\system32\nusb3co3.dll

I did install the 64bit version of the mod Renesas drivers on the first page. I don’t know why it says system32 in the driver files section. I presume this shouldn’t be an issue ?

Driver version 2.1.39.0

Thanks @Fernando

No. All Windows Operating Systems store their drivers (=*.sys files) within the Windows\System32\drivers folder, no matter, which architecture (32/64bit) they support.

AH got it. Not sure why this is happening then. I have the second plugged in VGA and it’s running fine but goes blank when I use the USB3 - HDMI cable. Just the same xHIC controller host can’t output high resolution on the port.

@danstar :
I suspect, that I cannot help you regarding your display resolution problem. Maybe another Forum member is able to solve your problem.

@Fernando
Ah Alright then. Thanks for your help though

I’m wondering if someone could help me. I am getting frustrated. I recently did a Windows 10 reinstall and my 3.1 ports no longer recognize any devices but they do supply power. I have an ASUS pro gaming/aura mobo with the latest bios. All ports are activated in the bios. I’ve installed the asmedia drivers from this thread. Windows says everything is peachy but nothing is recognized. I’ve been hammering at this on and off for days with no luck.

@schiltzamania
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Which driver version did you install and how did you do it?
Does the Device Manager show any yellow flags?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I just got a Gigabyte G1.Assassin motherboard. From what I can make out from its specifications, it uses a Renesas D720200 USB 3.0 chip paired with two VIA VL810 hubs. The Renesas drivers provided here obviously didn’t work for the VIA hubs. I eventually installed the Renesas drivers from the Gigabyte site, even though they’re version 2.0.30.0 dated November 19, 2010 (as opposed to version 2.1.39.0 from August 21, 2012 offered here).

The drivers from the Gigabyte site seem to have the VIA hubs branded as Renesas, and contain an additional co-installer DLL. These drivers are working fine, but maybe I can try installing a combination of the Renesas and the VIA drivers offered here.