PCI NVME SSD modification help for old type Mrb bios without UEFI support

hello friends,
I have a motherboard with G41 chipset and it does not support UEFI
I don’t want to use boot programs (REFIND).
I want to boot from pci.
don’t say no, there is a youtube publisher who does this, unfortunately, his cat does not respond to my messages and I decided to move the topic here.

sorry for bad english

video: G41 CHIPSET NVMe M.2 SSD BIOS MOD/MODLU BIOS UPDATE+BOOTABLE/Pegatron IPM41-D3 DDR3 - YouTube

You may try this method: [Experimental] NVMe Option ROM - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS modules (PCI ROM, EFI and others) - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

And theres many more older Non-UEFI on the forum reported as success on this method…

@Kural
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since your Intel G41 chipset mainboard doesn’t have an UEFI BIOS, you have only the following options to be able to directly boot off an NVMe SSD:

• a) the NVMe SSD is a Samsung 950 Pro (has an NVMe Option ROM in-the-box)
  • b) insert a modded variant of the NVMe Option ROM (look >here<) into the mainboard BIOS.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Edit: MeatWar was faster than me.

1 Like

Hi @Fernando
Thank you for your help
I think I’ll choose option B
And since you’re reading this message, something went wrong
Ok! This time the problem is MMTool is not reading my Bios file yes I know there is an article about how to extract the bios file but there are not enough details and it would be very sweet if you could do this for me please.

Bios : http://www.gigabyte.com.tr/products/page/mb/ga-g41m-es2l_10#support-dl

The bios version is the old AWARDv6, the tool is for AMI bioses…b option is for old AMI8.
Cant remember if there’s any mod tried in old AWARD with this method…better do an extensive search on the forum…but dont get many hopes on Award bioses.

@Kural
No, I will not do the requested BIOS modification for you. It took me many days of my free time to write the related step-by-step guides and I haven’t done it with the intention to do the related work myself.

You guys misunderstood me, or rather I misunderstood my cat or whatever.
I had one last question, with which program can I open my AWARDv6 bios file? Just a few program names that you know work well.

How about using the forum search box… or use the cat abilities :upside_down_face:.
Cats can be very useful in terms of curiosity…

[Guide] Award/Phoenix BIOS Modding - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

@Kural
This is what I got after having opened the latest BIOS for your mainboard:

I did, yes I modified that bios file and it works great, by the way @Fernando,
@MeatWar I want to thank you for your patience with all my stupid questions and bad English usage.

2 Likes