PRIME A320M-C R2.0 Unlocking problem

CPU stepping.

1 Like

Hi, I want to do it myself because it’s fun to learn something, but of course it’s not certain that I will be successful in everything. So I would appreciate if you could help me where I can’t. I would like to have access to all settings in Amd Cbs if possible, but since there are many CbsSetupDxe modules I don’t know which one I should edit. Today I edited the SSP one and nothing changed, I guess I should edit them all, I don’t know.

I leave below the bios file that I dumped with flashrom.

stock.bin

both

did i cooked?

Yes, I see FCH options now unlocked. So you want AMD PBS and Aod?

Yes

I can try making them appear on the top bar. In this case you have to choose 1 tab to sacrifise as there’s enough room for 9 only.
Or I can try placing PBS and Aod inside AMD CBS.

Sure, you can remove “By Zeref”

this is my current bios

latest.bin

zeref.bin

1 Like

nothing changed :confused:

Hm, usually it worked.

I’ll add links to the menus inside AMD CBS then. But do you know which CBS module is the right one? Please tell me which CPU model is installed so I could determine the module name.

1 Like

IDK, i edited them all

AMD Ryzen 5 5500

I found that ZP module is for Ryzen 1000 series, RV for 2000 & 3000, RN for 4000, SSP for Epyc 7000. Ryzen 5 5500 has CZN stepping. There is no CZN module, which means I got to edit them all. This will take a while.

1 Like

i’ll never buy an a320 again mobo :skull:
thank you for your efforts

btw i found a method for editing amd cbs, pbs or other things on amibcp

This method won’t show up AMD CBS menu and etc in AMIBCP. However, you still can get access to the menus with the method, but you have to sacrifice EFI__IFR__REF3 setup items for this.
This detail is mentioned.

As for PRIME A320M-C, you can give up on Ref Prompt: "IDE Configuration" and Ref Prompt: "NVME Configuration". Nothing else.

I tried to add the menus in CBS: zeref~2.BIN.

1 Like

There are 2 menus, AOD RN and PBS RN but cant enter the menus, im pressing enter key and nothing happens

That’s most likely means that PBS and Aod modules are not loaded into memory. This would also explain why they are not under the customer tailor menu.
Just like the CBS menu, PBS and Aod are located outside of the Setup module, but they are just not there.

If you want to continue, I recommend to check whether the modules are loaded or not. You can do this by UMAF application. The app allows to browse setup HII database. Extract the archive to a flash drive and boot from it with Secute Boot disabled.

If PBS and Aod cannot be found in Device Manager, it means modules are not loaded.

Got it. Then RN is for 4000 & 5000.

Disassembly of CbsSetup Callback function confirms the fact.

There is a check if CPU belongs to 860F00 or 0A50F00 family. If it doesn’t, CBS won’t publish its resources.

1 Like

I tried this tool before, it only showed amd cbs. Also when I clicked on amd cbs it took me to bios setup. Is it not possible to manually load the PBS and AOD_Setup modules

I’ll try to patch code of the modules. Will let you know if I find something.

1 Like