[Problem] Bricked ASUS ROG GL502VMK BIOS

That’s not a very precise test, just that the structure seems to be correct. The both firmwares will differ just in the bios region in NVRAM, that’s the first EFI volume in bios region, the one between the two paddings without GUID in its name. Attach the file if you feel unsure.

Now it’s just flashing the vreated firmware properly.

I looked at it but it would be great if you could look at it because I don’t really know anything about how bioses work and stuff. I uploaded the new.rom file to the drive folder i linked previously.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14IG-fhJuFSW7VZ8B4GN1MUYFTgoLCVNn?usp=drive_link

Properly done- looks correct. If your machine worked when installing the modded bios region it should work now, too!

Good luck!

Hello lfb6,

I was wondering I you were able to work your magic on my exact same machine.
The problem on my side however may not entirely be NVRAM related.
Machine stopped booting after a UEFI Keys installation (that failed I belive).
I’ve followed everything on this thread (and some others) but with no success.

I leave here what I currently have:

• Two dumps of the contents of the BIOS chip.
  • Latest FW from ASUS.
  • The complete backup of my UEFI keys I made before trying to change them.

GL502VMKStuff.zip

I would really appreciate some help/guidance.

Cheers

@ MPSO85

The static parts of the bios are identical to stock, the original keys are stored in nvram but are marked invalid, new / other keys were not installed!

@lfb6

Oh. Can that “invalid” thing be responsible for me not having output signal (or anything) when turned on?
I read that the Nvidia card output does require “valid” UEFI keys to work, somehow. It was a Notice on the Arch article I used when I tried to do Secure Boot signing. If this is the case, how do I fix this?
Any suggestions?

And thank you for your timely response.

NVRAM seems ‘a little’ corrupted, last entry shouldn’t be “invalid”.

Try this one, it’s simply NVRAM replaced by stock: dump.zip (5.5 MB)

@lfb6

You sir, are a god.
Thank you so very much. This one served me for many years and now will be joinning my personal fleet of home servers.

Glad to hear it worked :+1: