I am still getting no boot if i change something
it instantly triggers a bios corruption state
Hey, sorry to resurrect this, but I may have hit a snag before flashing a new bios. What is your 256 MB bios chip?
Mine is a GigaDevice GD25B256D YIG. When I dumped the bios, the closest I could get with the NeoProgrammer was to select the GD25B512ME. I didn’t “detect” the chipset; I selected that one, and it read it right away.
Yesterday, I checked it with another read, and because the selected chipset was 512 MB, the 2nd time, it created 256 MB of padding at the end of the BIOS region, that I hex editor discarded, which then exactly matched my original pull.
Then paranoia set in, and I started to worry about not having the exact chipset. When I “detected”, NeoProgrammer selected GD25Q256. But there may be an issue with my B chip.
My GD25B512ME and GD25Q256 bios dumps are not identical. I’m going to import the B chipset. We’ll see.