[Problem] Win7 install with x570 Chipset+Ryzen 5000 Ser. CPU

@K4sum1 Oh my god…that is absolutely fantastic!

Thanks ever so much for sharing this, I REALLY wished that i came across this recently or at least a 2 years ago when I purchase my Asrock x570 Pro4! :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

@K4sum1 I forgot to mention, well to ask really, have you had any information or experience with an Asus x570-F? :crossed_fingers:

No, but I assume it would work if other ASUS X570 boards work, and there’s at least one that does. Worst case scenario you can just return it.

1 Like

@K4sum1 Not if it’s second-hand or if seller notes in the sale that returns are not accepted :cry:

If it’s eBay it’s basically guaranteed that you can return. Even if the seller says otherwise. Also like just say that you can’t boot Windows, you’re not wrong.

1 Like

@K4sum1 Ohh I’m not getting mine from eBay, I purchase goods from abroad (mainly from Japan) with an online serice., thus it’s virtually impossible to do returns, even if the option is there, the delivery costs would be high, almost defeating purpose of the purchase itself :slightly_frowning_face:

Odd scenario. I did some research and found this.

B550-F, similarish board idk. Confirmed working for at least one person.
https://old.reddit.com/r/windows7/comments/tlndaf/can_you_install_windows_7_on_a_b550f/

I looked up X570-F and the similar X570-E. I haven’t seen it directly confirmed, but I would assume I would see posts if it didn’t work for them. You can also try double checking and asking.

https://old.reddit.com/r/windows7masterrace/comments/f34iop/windows_7_install_guides_for_modern_chipsets/fouuhgi/

Considering there is no broken ASUS board that is known, more likely than not you’re fine. I probably would’ve gotten a X570-E/F if I hadn’t decided to get the Creation instead.

1 Like

Hello. I am trying to install Win 7 on my ASUS PRIME x570-P motherboard and a Ryzen 7 5700x CPU. I have gotten past the first challenge of the installation by using a modded Win 7 ISO that has USB drivers installed so I can move my mouse and use my keyboard during installation. My new problem is when the system boots I get to the screen saying “Starting Windows”. I have Launch CSM Enabled in BIOS, Boot Driver Control on UEFI and Legacy. Resize BAR disabled.
Please tell me if you need more information. I will be happy to reply. Thanks and have a nice day :]

@Thorbjorn
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
Since the lack of matching original USB drivers is not the only problem to get Win7 properly installed onto systems with an AMD X570 Chipset and a Ryzen 5000 Series CPU, I have moved your post into this already existing thread about the related topic.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@K4sum1 Greatest apologies for my late reply…forgiveness please! :pray:

But thanks every much for that post/link and yes you are right, it’s not “directly” confirmed that I myself have seen word that people have the this board and the only problem they’ve come across really was just USB issues.

Back on this matter and on your previous post where’ve linked the motherboard recommendations, MSI X570 Creation is listed to be working with 2700X and 5950X. May I ask, is this still the case with the latest BIOS update; version 7C36v1N?

Don’t mind, I already forgot about the posts here.

I’m still running 7C36v1I from 2022. I don’t want to upgrade since everything just works, I would need to redo my PBO settings and whatever. I would also get the BIOS security patches that would slow down my PC. There’s also the risk of bricking my PC. I don’t think I will be trying v1N.

1 Like

@K4sum1 Thanks for getting back to me here and I hope this jogs your memory!

Interesting to hear that you’re still on an older BIOS, it would be really interesting to know if the latest version still retain compatibility for Windows 7 :thinking:

I ask well because I’m planning to go where not many has gone, albeit taking the microcode from a BIOS of the MSI X570 Creation and injecting it to the latest BIOS file of the Asrock X570 Pro4 :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t think microcode is an issue here.

What do you think the issue is then perhaps? :thinking:

Not sure, maybe the BIOS itself or ACPI tables or something idk. Microcode should be the same between all.

@K4sum1 I actually asked a question regarding that precise matter and it was addressed by our very own @Fernando

It seems that each motherboard manufacturer places it’s own microcode.