Radeon RDNA1 Series VBIOS Configuration

Greetings everyone,

With sufficient knowledge at hand, a free of charge project is started to properly configuring VBIOS of RDNA1 and DDR3/DDR4/DDR5 RAMs in addition to unlocking hidden settings of any motherboard UEFI BIOS, here it is going to be for RDNA1 graphics cards,

This is to help the users of these cards to get the best out of them safely, easily and properly (official based) with minimum effort, time and simplicity,

Locally several successful works were done, internationally latest work was Dell G5 5505 Custom VBIOS and BIOS and Setup which gave the laptop a new and better level of user’s experience,

RDNA1 graphics cards are a very capable ones, especially if they are equipped with higher VRAM size (double) and higher frequency,

The scope at the meantime is going to be:

• Increasing Resizing BAR to 8GiB for RX 5600/5600XT and RX 5500/5500XT and other RDNA1 cards in Windows OS,

• Proper unlock for RX 5600/5600m/5600XT and RX 5700/5700m/5700XT (RX 5500/5500m/5500XT probably in the future) (RedBiosEditor unlock method has a flaw that would cause some cards not to post or cause compatibility issues),

• Fix for VRAM frequency sometimes stuck at 1750MHz,

• Reduced power and thermals on idle,

• Performance optimized, Power Play Table and VRAM section (MorePowerTool lacks several features and guidance).

Please share your request below,

You may have a good day and please stay safe and healthy.

(This post is subject to update without prior notice)

(Many thanks to mr. Zir_Blazer for providing the image kindly attached below)

5 Likes

I can confirm than this is real because it is the same person that provided me with the 5600XT ReBAR fix: [Request] vBIOS mod to fix Radeon 5600XT ReBAR support (max.: 8 GB) - #12 by zir_blazer

His idea is pretty much to try to make a sort of TechPowerUp VGA BIOS database but with modded BIOSes so that people doesn’t have to go though the modding process themselves, but just flash known-good ROMs.

To make it easy, if you’re interesed and have any RDNA1 based cards (RX 5000 family), you will be asked for:
Specific brand and model of the card. SKU / part number is the most precise way.
ROM of the card. You can dump it from GPU-Z. Bonus if it already on the TechPowerUp VGA BIOS database. Not sure how to deal with cards with two BIOSes, I suppose that you will have to power off, use the switch on the card, and dump them individually.

2 Likes

I’m really interested, I have a 5600XT. Is this safe?

This is my card: GIGABYTE RX 5600 XT WindForce OC Rev. 2.0 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Mobo is a GIGABYTE GA-AX370M-Gaming 3 BIOS ver. F51f
That BIOS version is not listed on gigabyte’s web page(?), guessing by the date and the “F” I would say I have AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.5

GPUz’s vBIOS dump: 5600XT BIOS orig.rom - Google Drive

GPUz’s Resizable BAR section shows all values as “YES”.

Hi and welcome,

Do your good-self like to optimize the power play table and VRAM section in addition to enabling 8GiB resizable BAR support?

Hi, I’m not sure what that means… I like the word “optimize” though haha. My main concern is safety, I can’t afford to brick this GPU.
Thanks for investing your personal time in this!

[EDIT] I’ve read a bit about powerplay table and such, you mean overclocking the card? Or what optimizations are you offering?

The file is ready, I am going to send it through a message.

Power play table has been configured with Balanced-Low preset,

Resizable BAR 8GiB support has been enabled,

VRAM section optimized,

GOP UEFI section has been updated to latest version.

Zero RPM feature has been disabled because it cause harm more than benefit.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Satori! Newbie question: How do I flash it? Instead of drowning in google’s useless results I’d rather ask you, the expert.

I am going to send the tool, amdvbflash v2.93+ is required.

I’m new here too, perhaps upload it to mediafire or some service like that and send me the link?

By the way, please could you inform what is your CPU model?

My CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 5600x.
Sorry for my distrust… Is there any way I can test this before flashing to my card? Anyone reading this has a spare Radeon 5600 XT willing to test?

No worries, this process is a software related matter,

Reverting back is very easy and can be done anytime,

The only thing might be needed when there is a CPU without iGPU is any second crad at hand.

Ok, in case of failure to revert the process I only replace the ROM filename in the BAT file with the one I dumped through GPUz right?
I have and old GPU around in case I need it, thanks for the advice.

Yes, there is better way to revert back by using Amdvbflash in UEFI environment,

I will send this tool whenever you like anytime.

By the way, what is the PSU capacity of your good-self PC?

Yes please I would like that tool in case I have to revert.
The PSU is 650W

650W is a good amount especially if it is gold rated.

The tool in the kindly attached link below is the same as the one I have,

atiflash_293_efi.zip (1006.1 KB)

MD5 Hash: e14abbd52e98b9dcdc30ab6688ed61dd

To put the content in an USB flash formatted as FAT32 with the original VBIOS file then to boot into the USB and use the command below for flashing

amdvbflash -p 0 Original_VBIOS.rom

I have updated the link for the tool.

I have updated the link for the custom VBIOS, fan throttling limit has been increased by 450 rpm.

I was looking at the heatsink of the Gigabyte WindForce and there is a big flaw in it,

This flaw is the main reason why the owner of this card having crashes most of the time,

The flaw is the SoC MOSFET and inductor are not cooled down,

I am going to make amendment to resolve this problem then send you the file with the amendment,

Unfortunately this will significantly limit the capability of this card,

Please wait for the file and the previous file not to use it until the SoC MOSFET and inductor are cooled down with proper solution.