Razer Blade 15 RTX 2080 Max Q BIOS help

Very new to bios modding so literally have no idea and need help.

I want to change TDP to boost performance, and somehow unlock the power and temp in msi afterburner if possible. And other things:

Recently watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5CvK7i9a_Y

Do I basically have to do what that person did? Also, if that is the case, How do I change TDP, etc.

Also, please correct me if I am completely wrong about this.

Thank you

@SweatySon7 - Link to your BIOS and I will see if I can unlock it for you. Also, please include some images of your BIOS, zipped into a compressed zip or rar. Please make sure to show at least one of every main section of the BIOS.

MSI power/temp stuff is controlled by your graphics BIOS (vBIOS), not the motherboard BIOS. I watched the video this time, and yes, if those tools work for your BIOS then it’s that easy, and you can enable anything you see in there you want the same way he shows
As for TDP settings, they’re in there somewhere, I don’t have your BIOS so I can’t tell you exactly where. If you can’t find it in AMIBCP, then link me to your BIOS and I will show you where it’s located.

Hi guys,

I was just about to ask the same thing but for my Razer Blade 15 with 2070 Max-Q. Have you had any chance to have a look at it yet? My hopes are we should be able to raise the TDP of the GPU a little, flashing the GPU to a higher TDP vBios won’t be enough as the power delivery also takes place within the bios if my understanding is correct…?

Also, I don’t seem to be able to find the bios of our Razer Blade 15 RTX chassis available on the Razer support pages.

Can you direct me in the right direction with the right tools to extract the Bios so I can send it to you? EDIT: OK I’ve watched the video and will be trying to extract and try the same thing shown in the vid, I’ll come back with results, but I think nvidia have made it impossible to run modified vbioses on Turing this time around…

Many thanks, this laptop cool svery well and it would be AMAZING if we could boost the GPU’s TDP a liitle. I have a 115W TDP vbios for the 2070 MQ I could flash onto my Razer but last time I tried on on another laptop it didn’t pan out.

I would be IMMENSELY grateful if you could get back to me. Thanks!!!

Zill

---------

Ok, so I tried extracting the bios like in the video using AfuWin64 but the system hanged for a few seconds the first time I tried and proceeded to restart and applying an update. Not sure what happened there…? The event log doesn’t show anything relevant. When I tried again with and without running as Admin it will just hang the system and I have to hard reboot the laptop…

Any ides? What was that sudden update it did when I tried AfuWin64 the first time…? Weird behaviour…

Anyway I don’t think there’s anything I could’ve unlocked in that bios that would effect the GPU. In the video he only unlocks undervolting and disables some kind of GPU power state… I use XTU to undervolt seems to work fine

@zill - As mentioned above please link me to the stock BIOS download for this system (Unless it’s a 10GB download). If it’s a 10GB Download just to get BIOS, please repackage the BIOS portion only and send to me.

I am unsure what you did with AFU, but it shouldn’t be trying to apply anything unless you gave it a file or ran some batch file that you didn’t look inside of first to see what it’s commands were?
What did the update look like, AFU or windows? Could have just been a random windows update applying on restart?

And then, lets dump your BIOS using FPT as it’s my preferred way to reflash mod BIOS anyway. Hopefully you have Intel CPU Don’t worry about what was unlocked or not in some random BIOS video, if it’s there I bet I can unlock it for you.
Please check BIOS main page for ME FW version, if you do not see download HWINFO64 and on the large window on the left, expand motherboard section and look for ME area, there find ME Firmware version.

Once you know the ME Firmware version, download the matching ME System Tools Package from this thread in section “C” - Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools
Inside you will find Flash Programming Tools folder, inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (not power shell)
Then run the following command and zip and send me the created file >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin