Realtek LAN Rom

Hello,

I read this guides and everything went fine so far:
[Guide] AMI UEFI BIOS Modding
Intel EFI “SataDriver”/“GopDriver” BIOS Modules
Actual PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)

but there is one module I haven’t updated yet. It’s the Realtek LAN Rom.

Here’s my MMTool-log:
http://pastebin.com/biZc8Gu4

I’m just not sure which module to replace since “UefiPxeBcDxe” is the only one with a PXE in it and I’m not sure if I have to use “For Option ROM only”.

@ oldcat:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Please give me the link to the BIOS of your mainboard. This evening I will look into it and post here, what I recommend to replace.

Regards
Fernando

http://66.226.78.21/downloadsite/bios/11…(L2.31A)ROM.zip

I mean I don’t think it’s necessary anyway, but it’s maybe just good to know.

In jedem Fall Dankeschön (-:

Download the latest rom from Realtek (PXE ROM code) and extract BIN/rtegpxe.lom, then open mmtool, load Z68E3G32.31A, go to replace, browse rtegpxe.lom, mark Link present, select 10ec,8168 and press Replace

@ Florin9doi:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I am not sure about that. According to my knowledge the CSMCORE file of oldcat’s mainboard BIOS contains a Realtek LAN ROM module named rtegrom.lom (uncompressed size: 64KB) and not a module named rtegpxe.lom (uncompressed size: 52KB).

Regards
Fernando

@ oldcat:
Here is the download link to the Realtek LAN ROM module named rtegrom.lom v2.57: >Download Link<
It is suitable for your Realtek Controller (VendorID: 10EC, DevID: 8168)
Please check yourself, which one of both Realtek LAN ROM modules is within your BIOS.

Hello,

neither could I find rtegpxe nor rtegrom within my BIOS-file. Or do I have to replace something within the CSMCORE-module?

Yes, the PCI ROM modules like the Realtek LAN ROM are usually within the CSMCORE file. Look for the VendorID of Realtek and the DeviceID of your special Realtek LAN Controller.

Hi,

Trying to open up space in my rom for a boot logo and wonder do I really need the Realtek Lan Rom module? Is that Pxe rom meant for network booting and not control the adapter itself in windows??

Thanks

@davidm71 :
AFAIK the LAN Option ROM modules are only required, if you want to use the Wake-on-LAN feature.