Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

I have listed “all” HWIDs associated with PCIe SSDs. If I missed something, let me know.

(Yes, I know, AMD RAID drivers, but I’m still thinking about typing those in.)

@Fernando
Maybe you can put it in the opening post.
“How can I check which driver I need.”

1 Like

@westlake
Thank you for your idea to put some additional information about the importance of the Controller’s HardwareIDs into the start post.
Trying to follow your advice I have now added a new chapter named “How to find matching Storage Drivers?”. Is it ok or should I change/add anything?
By the way - your attached list contains only HardwareIDs of some NVMe Controllers, whereas the HardwareIDs of all SATA AHCI and RAID Controllers and of Samsung’s NVMe Controllers are missing.

@Fernando
The “How to find the right “Storage Drivers”?” description is absolutely fine. I didn’t include all the SSD-related driver IDs in the list for a reason, but I can eventually expand it to include the others.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST-VMD) Version 19.5.0.1034 Beta

@westlake
Thanks for the hint and the link.

@Fernando

Micron NVMe Driver v2.1.19.0 WHQL MSI installer: MediaFire mirror

2 Likes

@Tito

Nice catch!

[email protected]_08.30.rar (83.0 KB)

1 Like

@Tito
Thanks for having found and uploaded the currently latest 64bit Micron NVMe drivers v2.1.19.0 WHQL dated 08/03/2021.
The start post has been updated by me.

@westlake
As already announced last year, I am going to give up the support of the threads, which had been started by me. After the Forum move the outfit and the structure of many start posts have become unacceptable for me and I am not willing to spend weeks of my free time with their reparation (if I should succeed at all).
So it would be a good idea for the Forum members, if you (or someone else) would overtake my job and start a new thread about this topic.

1 Like

AMD 9.3.2.130 (it replaces 9.3.0.00296).

9.3.2.130.rar (326.8 KB)

1 Like

@westlake
Thanks for offering the new AMD RAIDXpert2 drivers v9.3.2.130 WHQL dated 06/16/2022.
Meanwhile I found the related AMD RAIDXpert2 Installer Set v9.3.2.130 dated 06/28/2022 at Station-Drivers (hidden within the today offered old AMD Ryzen Chipset drivers Installer Set). It is now available within the start post of this thread as well.
By the way - I am waiting for you reply to my last post. If I shouldn’t find a successor, I will stop keeping “my” start posts up-to-date.

@Fernando

I also downloaded the driver from there.
It seems like too much work to me. Sorry. :frowning:

@westlake
It is too much work for me as well, but I have pulled the waggon now for more than 9 years…

hi Fernando,
Can help me with my question?
Just integrate the MS NVMe Hotfixes into OS win7 setup and may I can installed win7 with NVMe right?

@voanhtai
Please read the 2 start posts carefully. There you can find the answer to your question.

1 Like

Fernando

Can you make compatible with wd M.2 nvme ssd 850 the WD NVMe Driver v3.3.2102.41615 ?

Thank You

@kgbab
Which OS are you running?
Why do you want to get the specific WD NVMe driver installed? I seriously doubt, that the WD driver is the best choice for the currently latest Win11 Editions.

Nevertheless here is my reply to your question:

1. To be able to make a certain driver compatible with a certain NVMe Controller, I need the exact HardwareIDs of it.
  2. A driver modification may not be required for your system. Provided, that you are running a modern Windows OS, you should be able to get the WD NVMe driver v3.3.2102.41615 properly installed and working with the NVMe Controller of the WD 850 SSD. If the related DeviceID of the NVMe Controller is not listed within the *.INF file, you may have to force the driver installation by using the “Have Disk” button and navigating to the original WD driver.

Hello Fernando.
Sorry. If i do something wrong to reply this thread. Let me know. :slight_smile:
Well Here come it…
I have purchased a nice ASUS Z97-AR Motherboard, with a M.2. Port.
I bought a new Samsung 980 Pro (with heatsink).
I Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. And i have a problem to find a driver, so Windows can see the drive. (And Samsung Magician too).
ASUS BIOS Can see the drive.
My hope you can advise me to find the correct driver.
Thank you for your help.

@Supercharger
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
You can find suitable solutions for Win7 x64 within the second post of this thread:

• a) Microsoft’s NVMe Hotfixes for Win7 x64 (have to be integrated into the boot.wim and install.wim)
  • b) 64bit Phison NVMe driver v1.5.0.0 WHQL for Win7 x64 (can be loaded during the OS install)

For details please read the related text within the post #2.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Dieter.
Thank you so much for the links.
Now i can see the NVMe drive and format it to prepare to move my OS from old 256GB SATA SSD (850PRO).
But Samsung Magician tell me the Phison driver is incorrect or not support Samsung NVMe SSD.

Thank you for your help. :slight_smile:

@Supercharger
If it is important for you to use Samsung’s Magician tool, I recommend to do the following:

1. Download the “pure” 64bit Samsung NVMe driver v3.3.0.2003 WHQL for Win7 x64 (link is in post #2) and extract its content.
  2. Run the Device Manager and expand the “Storage Controllers” section.
  3. Right-click onto the listed “Phison NVMe 1.2 Storport Miniport” and choose the option “Update driver”.
  4. Choose the options “Browse my computer” and then “Let me pick…”
  5. Press the “Have Disk” button and navigate to the Samsung NVMe driver files.
  6. Choose to install the support for the listed “Samsung NVMe Controller”.
  7. Disregard the warning you will get. The Samsung NVMe Controller of your SSD will be supported by the driver, but the related DeviceID is not listed within the secnvme.inf file (Reason: Samsung’s latest NVMe driver is older than the Samsung 980 Pro).
  8. After having rebooted you can use Samsung’s Magician inclusive all possible options.