Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

@Fernando :
Thanks.
But importing certificate didn’ t make the drivers working on Win2016.
Only minimum OV MS certificate saved the situation.
I didn’ t see v16/v17 of the drivers at the forum.
May you provide the link ?

@cpservicespb : Which driver version did you try?

I don’t offer mod+signed variants of the newest Intel RST drivers, because they do not properly work with old Intel SATA AHCI Controllers.

Hello friends. Help with Samsung 980pro NVME PCIE driver. I can’t get the Windows 10 installer to see my drive. The BIOS sees everything perfectly

@GSSPRO

No more info than this… 980Pro and Windows 10…that’s it, should be enough for experts.

Presuming that its a modern system board and the bios see the drive as standard NVMe, the OS stage during setup should identify a destination device.
Pure UEFI boot, CSM OFF, Secure boot off.
Disconnect all other system drives in order to troubleshooting.

This is interesting. I installed the standard 980 Non-Pro NVME drive in a system at work. Had a few issues. Right now running on the standard Microsoft driver despite manually installing the latest 3.3.2003 samsung driver.
I transfered the OS via a macrium reflect clone. Got a couple BSODs. Had to go into safe mode for the standard drivers to install and recognize the drive.

Would recommend you use the latest Windows 10 May 2020 release.
Not sure whats going on with the driver though. Chose not to install Magician. Maybe could have helped.

@GSSPRO : @davidm71 :
Since I had no problem to get Win10 clean installed onto a Samsung 980 Pro, I doubt, that it was this specific NVMe SSD, which caused the reported issues. The SSD is running fine with the Win10 in-box MS NVMe driver and even better with Samsung’s NVMe driver v3.3.0.2003.
I suspect, that GSSPRO forgot to adjust the BIOS settings, which are required to get the NVMe SSD bootable (as MeatWar has already mentioned).

Friends, I’m certainly not mega smart, but I’m not stupid either ))) I forgot to unsubscribe , put it yesterday. Everything is fine, I specified the Rapid Storage drivers from the Asus website , all the disks were immediately displayed in the installer .

I wish I could get the v3.3.0.2003 driver working with the Samsung 980 1TB NVME drive. I tried twice once with drivers from station-drivers and once from here. Those drivers installed without issues onto a new build I made yesterday with a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive.
On that system the device manager showed that the NVME controller was a Samsung v3.3.0.2003 controller. However no matter what it wouldn’t install for the 980 (Non-Pro version). Is it because the 980 is new or a hybrid Dram-less style drive I can not say.
Just wouldn’t work with new driver.

Thanks

@davidm71 : The Samsung 980 Pro and the Samsung 980 have different NVMe Controllers with different DeviceIDs. That may be the reason why you didn’t get Samsung’s original NVMe driver v3.3.0.2003 WHQL installed the normal way.
Solution: If you want to use the v3.3.0.2003 driver with the Samsung 980 SSD, you should either install the generic mod+signed driver variant I am offering within the start post of this thread or force the installation of the original driver by using the “Have Disk” option.

@Fernando

As this drive is being used at work in a healthcare setting with valuable data I don’t want to take chances using a driver that hasn’t been vetted for use with it. Would rather wait for Samsung to release a new driver that is recognized by the drive. Shame Samsung did not do their proper homework. Oh well. For anyone curious the machine was what we in the dental world call an Omnicam. Internally there was an MSI Raider Gaming X99A motherboard with a Samsung 860 EVO Sata drive limited probably at like 500 mb/sec read speeds. The Samsung 980 wasn’t the most expensive drive for its class. Max read speaks at 2600 mb/s and writes slightly less. Considering the drive cost $130 US I thought it was a good deal. Maybe should have gone Pro but for $130 getting like 4X-5X more in performance. Nevermind going Pro would have been a waste of money on the X99A.

Thanks

Ya my 980 1TB is still in the box because of this nonsense.
I saw the reviews where the old drivers are shoehorned in and the thing shreds.

Still no official driver from Samsung, honestly, IF you have a 980, I recommend opening a ticket with Samsung requesting drivers, that you have seen reviews of the older drivers force installed and performance is greatly improved so almost 8 months later, WHERE THE FCK IS THE DRIVER

@Net7 :
Where did you see mention of this?
Thanks

My fault!
From the side my case I could only see 980, mine is the 980 Pro

Either way, they need a driver for both the 980 and 980 Pro :frowning:

@Net7 :

The Samsung NVMe drivers v3.3.0.2003 are working with both of them, although the HardwareIDs of the related NVMe Controllers are missing within the *.INF file.
Option 1: Force the installation via "Have Disk" button.
Option 2: Install the generic mod+signed variant of the driver (don’t forget to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate before).

Sorry, again with wording, PROPER, IE one I can use during windows install (not that it impacts running after, its principal) and can be downloaded from the MFG website.

@Net7 : Only the Company Samsung is able to deliver a WHQL certified NVMe driver, which natively supports all Samsung NVMe Controllers.
Which OS do you want to install? If it should be Win10, does the generic MS in-box NVMe driver not work with your Samsung NVMe SSD from scratch?

yes, that is what i was saying, the MFG, Samsung in this case.

RCBottom folder - AHCI Drivers
RCRaid folder - Raid Drivers
RCConfig folder - StoreMI Config Device Drivers

EDIT by Fernando: This post has been moved by me into this already existing thread.

StoreMI_9.0.4.00036.zip (383 KB)

@championriki :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your contribution!
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• AMD SATA/NVMe RAID drivers:
    • new: 64bit AMD StoreMi SATA drivers v9.4.0.36 WHQL for Win10 x64 dated 02/24/2021
  • Thanks to championriki for the driver package.

Good luck with these new AMD StoreMi SATA drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks Fernando, sorry for the late reply i’m kinda dumb on this technical thing, i still can’t find the optimal driver for my system on windows 7, i would like that one with an one driver only without the software, i just can’t find the 300 family chipset on main page, my dev id is a282 and i cant find that either on the main page.