Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

@Fernando
I have no AMD platform however I see now a Driver AMD NVMe RAID F6 v9.2.0.9 WHQL is now available (touslesdrivers.com)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• AMD AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers:
    • new: 64bit AMD NVMe RAID drivers v9.2.0.9 WHQL dated 12/18/2017
      This NVMe RAID driver is only usable with AMD X399 Chipset systems running Win10 x64

Thanks to 100PIER for the info.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I have a quick question. What driver do I need for this Intel device? Thanks in advance for the replies.

"Intel Volume Management Device NVMe Raid Controller"

The computer is a Dell Precision 5820 tower running an Intel C600 RAID chipset.

@bmw_e30 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
To be able to answer your question, I need the following informations:
1. Within which Device Manager section is the device named “Intel Volume Management Device NVMe Raid Controller”?
2. Which are the HardwareIDs of the related device (right-click onto it > “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”)?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

see attached thank you!

intel_1.JPG

intel_2.JPG

@bmw_e30 :
The first and only Intel drivers, which support the HardwareIDs of the device named “Intel Volume Management Device NVMe Raid Controller”, are the Intel RSTe drivers v5.3.1.1020 WHQL dated 12/05/2017.
You can find the drivers within the start post of >this< thread.

Thank you I found the correct driver using the date + version you gave me!

@Fernando Does your modded Samsung Nvme driver work on PM 951 w/o any issues?

@Vasudev :
The usability of a certain NVMe driver for a specific NVMe SSD depends on the DeviceID of the SSD’s in-box NVMe Controller. The related DeviceID has to be listed within the file named secnvme.inf. So you can find out yourself, whether the original Samsung driver natively supports the Samsung PM951 SSD or whether you have to choose the mod+signed driver variant.
AFAIK the NVMe Controller of the Samsung PM951 SSD is natively supported by the latest original Samsung NVMe drivers v2.3.0.1709.

@Fernando Yes Samsung Nvme driver recognises Pm951. But like I mentioned last time, it has a strange bug when rebooting. You get Boot media missing error after a reboot but secnvme works perfectly if one does a shutdown and not a restart. Couple of guys mentioned t was a FW level issue with some 950 pros and PM951. Unfortunately, PM series don’t have a upgradeable FW.

Samsung doesn’t offer a FW update for OEM products, but what lets you think, that is impossible to update a buggy Samsung NVMe SSD Firmware?
It is the task of the OEMs to offer a bug fixed Firmware for the Samsung PM951 SSD, which they have put into their product (incl. the related FW Installer).

It seems that OCZ driver also works with Toshiba XG4 series.

Thinkpad E570: needs better NVMe driver support

You can manually install each driver, which is compatible with the the related Controller, even if its HardwareIDs are not listed within the INF file, but you have to force the installation by using the “Have Disk” option, navigating to the compatible INF file and choosing the best matching (but wrong) Controller model.

@Fernando
Intel NVMe driver is now v4.0.0.1007 (02/02/2018) and does work fine.

@all:
Update of the start post

Changelog:

• Intel NVMe drivers:
    • new: 32/64bit Intel NVMe drivers v4.0.0.1007 WHQL dated 02/02/2018 for Win7-10
    • new: Intel NVMe Drivers Installer Set v4.0.0.1007 WHQL dated 02/19/2018 for Win7-10
      Notes:
      Supported are the NVMe Controllers of the following Intel NVMe SSDs:
      • P3700/3600/P3500/P3520/750 Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_0953)
      • DC P3520 Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_0A53)
      • DC P4500 and DC P4600/4501/4601/4608/4510 Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_0A54)
      • DC P4600 (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_0A55)
      • Pro 7600p/760p/E 6100p Series DeviceID of the relted NVMe Controller: DEV_F1A6)
      • Optane 900p Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_2700)
      • Optane P4800x Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_2701)

• new: 32/64bit Intel NVMe drivers v4.0.0.1007 mod+signed by me at 02/23/2018
      Notes:
      Additionally supported are the NVMe Controllers of the following NVMe SSDs:
      • 600P Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_F1A5)
      • Optane 8000p Series (DeviceIDs of the related NVMe Controllers: DEV_2522 and DEV_A2BA)

Thanks to 100PIER for the info.

Good luck with these new Intel NVMe drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I just bought an Liteon CX2-8B256-Q11 (Dell version) on eBay. It has HardwareID VEN_14A4&DEV_2200, Plextor driver for VEN_14A4&DEV_22F1 is partially compatible - as system drive does not boot up (freeze on blank screen). As secondary drive working smoothly as MS driver but it showing up as a "Removable Disk Drive" on task bar.

VEN_14A4_DEV_2200.png

System config:

• Supermicro X9DAi with injected NVMe module (uncompressed NvmExpressDxE_3)
  • performance tweaks: C-State - No limit, Windows Power Management - Maximum performance, Maximum Payload 256 bytes, Maximum Read Request 4096 bytes
  • Windows 10 Pro 1709 x64
  • JZLL adapter in slot PCIe #3 (bifurcation set to x4x4x8, due performance issues on x16 mode)

Could you please be so kind to create modified driver?

I’m trying to download the pure Samsung windows 7 x64 NVME drivers, but I can’t open the rar file. I’ve tried downloading from the mirror but I get the same error. I’ve tried Winrar, Winzip, and 7z but all give me an error.

@Centurin :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
All *.RAR archives, which I have uploaded to my MEGA and OneDrive accounts, are compressed by using WinRAR v5.xx. So you should use an actual WinRAR version with a similar compression ability.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@JanCerny :
Attached is the mod+signed 64bit Lite-On NVMe driver v1.4.0.0, which hopefully will support the NVMe Controller of your Lite-On NVMe SSD.
Good luck!

EDIT: Attachment deleted (upon request of JanCerny)

@Fernando

Thank you! I’ve been using an ancient Winrar that I’ve had for years and never had a problem. I updated it and the drivers opened fine. Much appreciated.