Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

Yes, the currently latest version of the Intel RST(e) v15.7 branch is v15.7.7.1028 WHQL dated 10/13/2017. I forgot to update the start post of this thread (will do it this evening).

Yes, the mainboard manufacturers usually do not offer the latest drivers for their products.

Thank you Fernando, I’ll wait until you do.

@aian :
You don’t have to wait. The download links to the latest drivers are within the other thread. I only will update the version number within the start post of this thread.

I decide to take a chance. Using 14.8.2.2397 orom + 14.8.18.1066 rst driver combo on my Asus P8Z77-V Pro so far all seems well with my boot/OS SSD and raid array.

Hi! I have a problem with Samsung driver. Basically I have 2 computers - when I’m trying to find the driver on usb - its work fine for HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15 ( i7 gen 7), but I have a second computer HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae013dx (i7 gen 8) and its doesn’t work for it. But if i’m trying install win x86 on 13-ae013dx I can see the hard drive, but I don’t need x86. How to fix it? cause I need windows 7 on 13-ae013dx but driver x64 doesn’t work at all on that computer.

SCSI\DISK&VEN_NVME&PROD_SAMSUNG_MZVLB512\5&288997B6&0&000000

PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A808&SUBSYS_A801144D&REV_00\4&2969F680&0&00E8

I used
a) for Win7 (32/64bit):
>“pure” 32bit Samsung NVMe Driver v2.3.0.1709 WHQL for Win7 x86< (>MIRROR<)
>“pure” 64bit Samsung NVMe Driver v2.3.0.1709 WHQL for Win7 x64< (>MIRROR<)

+ MOD

@liricsdota :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

According to your report I suspect, that you have simply mixed the 32bit and 64bit drivers. All 32bit Windows Operating Systems need 32bit drivers, whereas 64bit Operating Systems need 64bit drivers.
The different HP Spectre x360 models don’t matter. Both should work with the exactly same NVMe driver.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I’m using for windows x64 driver from x64 … and for 1 computer it’s work fine, but for second one - no… but if I using x86 and install driver x86 it’s work … so it’s weird… is it passable what the version of the x64 driver older than x86 ? Cause, how can it be if the same version one work second one doesn’t work… it suppose to be the same - work or not, but not the 50/50.

@liricsdota :
You obviously mixed the original with the mod+signed 64bit driver variant.
The WHQL certified original 32/64bit Samsung NVMe drivers do not support the NVMe Controller (DEV_A808) of your NVMe SSD.
So you have to use the mod+signed variant of the related Samsung 64bit NVMe driver. Don’t forget to import the certiificate before trying to install the driver.

thx, just wandering how to add it in a iso img? - install.win . Maybe u have FAQ. thx again

@liricsdota :
A storage driver without WHQL stamp will not be accepted by any modern Windows Operating System and you can neither integrate nor import the Digital Signature’s Certificate for being used during the OS installation.
Solution: You have either to install Win10, which natively supports all NVMe Controllers, or to integrate the related MS NVMe Hotfix into the boot.wim and install.wim of the desired Win7/8 Image. Once the OS is up and running, you can import the Win-RAID CA Certificate and install the mod+signed Samsung NVMe driver.

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• AMD AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers:
    • new: 64bit AMD NVMe RAID drivers v9.2.0.41 WHQL dated 03/19/2018
      This NVMe RAID driver is only usable with AMD X399 Chipset systems running Win10 x64

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

In the modded intel nvme driver, please rename the:

"Intel(R) Optane Memory 8000p Series"
to
"Intel(R) Optane Memory M10 Series"

Affected HW ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2522.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) Optane Memory 8000p Series"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) Optane Memory 8000p Series"

8000p was an old name when we first get the information of this drive before release. Now it has a formal name “Intel(R) Optane Memory M10”, as seen in the release note of the 3.5.2 version of intel SSD toolbox.

Cheers

Provided, that Intel has renamed the related NVMe devices itself, I will do it, but you certainly know, that this action has no effect on the functionality of the driver and the performance of the NVMe SSD.
By the way: When I am offering the freshly re-modded and re-signed Intel NVMe drivers, I will merge this new thread with the one, where I present all the other original and modded NVMe drivers.

@all:
Update of the start post

Changelog:

• Intel NVMe drivers:
    • slightly customized and re-signed: 32/64bit Intel NVMe drivers v4.0.0.1007 mod+signed by me at 04/26/2018
      Notes:
      The only changes concern the given names of the Intel Optane Memory NVMe Controllers with the DeviceIDs DEV_2522 and DEV_A2BA. According to Intel they were renamed to “Intel(R) Optane Memory M10 Series” (former names: “Intel(R) Optane Memory 8000p Series”).
      This customization within the related INF files has no effect on the functionality of the drivers, but now the Device Manager will show the correct names of the related NVMe Controllers.
      Thanks to 111alan for the info about the recent renaming of the devices.

Good luck with these Intel NVMe drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Fernando, i tell you what this site of yours has helped me in more ways i can remember, thank you so much for the Samsung NVME pre install driver for windows7 !

while i like windows10 i do not like its layout, bloat or user unfriendliness, windows7 for me is still the king of os’s and will be for years to come.

I can now install 7 on my 960 evo m.2 and experience 3,300mb/s blistering speeds!

thank you so much man, very much appreciated.

donation coming soon.

New Samsung NVMe 3.0 Driver : https://s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/…_Driver_3.0.exe

.inf :

Samsung NVMe 3.0.rar (61.2 KB)

@tistou77 :
Thanks for the info and the link to Samsung’s NVMe Download page.
Question: For which OS is the attached “pure” driver?

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• Samsung NVMe Drivers:
    • new:
      • “pure” 32/64bit Samsung NVMe drivers v3.0.0.1802 WHQL for Win7/8/10 x64 WHQL dated 02/12/2018
      • Samsung NVMe Driver Installer Set v3.0.0.1802 WHQL for Win7-10
      • These new Samsung NVMe drivers are dated 02/12/2018, WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Samsung 95x/96x/97x Series NVMe SSDs. Supported are the Samsung NVMe Controllers with the DeviceIDs DEV_A802, DEV_A804 and DEV_A808, which are within Samsung’s most popular consumer NVMe SSDs.
        A big thankyou for the extraction of the “pure” 32/64bit drivers goes to our Forum member Unantastbar.
    • removed:
      • all Samsung NVMe drivers v2.3.0.1709 (incl the ones, which had been mod+signed by me).
      • There is no need anymore for mod+signed Samsung NVMe drivers, because the latest ones do support even the DEV_A808 NVMe Controllers.

Meanwhile I installed successfully the new 64bit NVMe driver onto my Xiaomi Air KabyLake notebook, which uses a Samsung PM961 as system drive.
Here is the proof, that the installation worked fine:

Samsung NVMe driver v3.0.0.1802.png

Enjoy the new Samsung NVMe drivers!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando

Link does not work for 32 bit!

The link to the complete Samsung NVMe Installer Set v3.0.0.1802 works and will let you get the 32bit Samsung NVMe driver v3.0.0.1802 for Win7, Win8.1 or Win10 properly installed.
As I have already written, there are currently no links to the various “pure” 32/64bit NVMe drivers except the 64bit driver for Win10 x64, because I haven’t yet been able to get the Installer Set extracted.

files from a Win10 x64 :wink: