Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

@ abanerus:

Hello Bunty,
thanks for your reply, which let me do another look into the related file named TXTSETUP.OEM.

You are absolutely right: I have done a mistake within the section [Disks] while customizing the file.

It should look this way:

[Disks] 
disk1 = "Marvell SATA Driver Diskette", \mvs91xx, \

So it was just a typo (should be "disk1" instead of "disk0"), but not a missing line.
That was the reason why I didn't really realized my mistake after having read your first post.

By the way: I have customized the TXTSETUP.OEM files of many drivers, because according to my experience a lot of users have problems to integrate the original (untouched) textmode drivers correctly into a Windows XP CD. The chipset manufacturers often did not care about these difficulties and created just 1 TXTSETUP.OEM file, which contains the informations about both driver architectures (32bit and 64bit) or put the TXTSETUP.OEM file into another folder than the drivers themselves.

Meanwhile I have corrected the TXTSETUP.OEM file of the 32bit Marvell 91xx-92xx AHCI & RAID drivers v1.2.0.1041 WHQL and uploaded the corrected driverpack.

Thanks again for having realized the mistake and for having posted it!

Kind regards
Fernando

Thanks Fernando! Seems like your Mega link for that driver pack can’t locate the file & the OneDrive mirror asks for login.
Once you have resolved that issue I will slipstream my FINAL WinXP Pro SP3 build for this lifetime :slight_smile:

Certainly the best OS I have seen so far.

Bunty.

The links should work now with MEGA and OneDrive.
Please let me know, if there should be still an issue.

ASMedia 106x SATA3 AHCI Drivers
I had a total disaster on windows 7 64-bit with v2.0.8.0 for ASM1061 (integrated in sabertooth 990fx r2.0).

While testing some dying HDDs up to 2TB - I had no real problems, except Victoria 4.77 couldn’t read serial and some other info (and Hard Disk Sentinel could).
But then I connected 3TB drives and Victoria see them as 2048GB drives.
After launching Hard Disk Sentinel HDDs disappear right away because of malfunctioned ASM1061, which obviously hangs.
If after this I would try to shutdown or restart Windows - the mobo won’t power off or reset, I need to force it off by holding power button.
If I’m trying to disconnect drive after it disappeared - Windows freezes.
I thought ASM1061 just doesn’t support drives beyond 2TB so i gave up.

But then happened even more strange thing - after connecting device to ASMedia USB 3.0 port, both of 250GB drives (connected to ASM1061) disappeared just like 3TB disks. I got suspicious. Duh.

Removed driver - everything woks perfectly with default Microsoft driver.
ASMedia 106X drivers v2.0.9.1 and v2.0.3.1 failing just the same.
Latest fail-safe ASMedia driver is v1.4.1.0, like the start post tells.

Fernando, thank you for organizing such a great thematic forum!

@ ikanffy:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report about the ASMedia 106x SATA3 AHCI drivers v2.x.x.x.

Regards
Fernando

Just noticed updated links
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst…id-sb-oct24.exe
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst…id-sb-oct24.exe
on the page
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows

@ mbk1969:

Thanks for the info.
According to my knowledge the AMD AHCI and RAID drivers, which I am offering within the start post of this thread, are still the latest ones.
If I should be wrong, please let me know it.

I did check them and yes, no new AHCI and RAID drivers.

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your 64bit Win7 AMD AHCI driver v1.2.1.359 WHQL driver, it really made my system faster.
Will quickly mention my experience here.

The laptop I use is HP Pavilion G7 2235dx / AMD A8-4500M APU / 8 GB RAM / 256 GB Crucial M4-CT256 SSD.
AMD SATA Controller is PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7804&CC_0106
I do regularly check for latest software and driver updates, so this time I’ve used KC Softwares DUMo 1.5.0.7 scan.
It found that AMD SATA Controller 1.2.1.349 is old and suggested 1.2.1.359 as a most recent version.
I’ve googled it and found your forum with MEGA direct download links. Downloaded, unrared, updated manually by “Let me pick from a list device drivers on my computer” (also tried “Search automatically for updated driver software online” before manual install, but nothing was found). Then Device Manager asked for a restart and boom, the system just started to fly like a freshly installed OS on Intel i7 CPU :slight_smile:

The improvement is really noticeable, even I thought that 4->8GB and HDD->SSD is the last option to tune up the laptop.

Another interesting thing I’ve noticed, that Windows Experiene Index Subscores stayed the same after re-run the assessment with a new 1.2.1.359 driver.
Roll Back Driver to 1.2.1.349 and reboot made the system slow again. Another update by “Search automatically for updated driver software” was able to find and install 1.2.1.359 on this time, but nothing changed after the restart.
It only improved when I went to “Browse my computer for driver software” → “Have Disk…” and installed again from your amd_sata.inf

Evertyhing works faster, desktop startup, browsing the windows, opening internet pages with a lot of pictures, etc.
The USB 3.0 ports also seems to work better now, as they were always playing up time to time with new AMD Catalyst driver install, either Stable or Beta Release. Some of USB devices were not able to pick up by USB 3.0 or were taking too long time to initialize.

AMD-Catalyst-14-9-win7-win8.1-64Bit-raid-sb-Oct24 is the latet official AMD chipset driver, but it still doesn’t identify the currently installed driver and shows AMD SATA Controller Driver 1.2.001.0359 as “Current Version not Installed”, so I don’t want to install it to overwrite the good driver again.

Just guessing, have you done some code change to any of Win7 AMD AHCI driver v1.2.1.359 WHQL files: amd_sata.cat / amd_sata.inf / amd_sata.sys / amd_xata.sys
or where did you get these files originally from?
I feel so dumb that these AMD AHCI drivers are dated 11/06/2013, but only found them on 15/11/2014.

@ bigplus:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your interesting report.
I am glad, that you are satisfied with the latest AMD AHCI driver I am offering within the start post of this thread.

No, the driver files have been extracted by me from official AMD Catalyst packages, where they are not easy to be found. All driver files are original (untouched).

Enjoy the Forum!
Fernando

Today AMD has released its latest AMD Chipset Driver Set 12.14 with new AMD AHCI drivers for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Win8/8.1 AMD AHCI drivers v1.3.1.245 WHQL dated 09/23/2014, suitable for AMD AHCI Controllers DEV_ 4391/4394, DEV_7801/7804 and DEV_7901/7904
  • new: 32/64bit Win7 AMD AHCI drivers v1.2.1.376 WHQL dated 09/23/2014, suitable for AMD AHCI Controllers DEV_ 4391/4394, DEV_7801/7804 and DEV_7901/7904

It has to be discovered by users with an AMD Chipset (like stoppardi), if these new AHCI drivers
a) do support SB7xx Southbridges (EDIT: Has been successfully verified by Qan) and
b) can be used with Vista (32/64bit).

Good luck with these AMD AHCI drivers!
Fernando

Intel RST drivers 13.2.4.1000 dated 08/01/2014:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_…eng&ProdId=2101

I’ve just tested new: 32/64bit Win7 AMD AHCI drivers v1.2.1.376 WHQL dated 09/23/2014, suitable for AMD AHCI Controllers DEV_ 4391/4394, DEV_7801/7804 and DEV_7901/7904
Well, everything went slower again.
Rolled back to 64bit Win7 AMD AHCI driver v1.2.1.359 WHQL and restarted, everything runs smooth and fast.
The difference is so conspicuous, like if I take 4Gb RAM off and then put it back again.
Still wondering how come 100Kb junk of driver files can make such a good speed improvement.
Maybe Win7 AMD AHCI v1.2.1.359 WHQL driver was coded by some smart developer, who already left the company or maybe it is only a coincidence relating to my laptop’s model and OS configuration.

I would recommend to recover and keep AMD AHCI v1.2.1.359 driver links open, so other people could test an overall performance on different PC/Laptop models.

@ SoNic67:
Thanks for the tip to add later released Intel AHCI/RAID drivers to the start post of this thread.
Since there are already newer Intel RST(e) drivers than the v13.2.4.1000 ones available, I decided to put the Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID drivers v13.5.0.1056 into the start post of this thread.
By the way: All the other v13 series Intel RST(e) drivers (inclusie the v13.2.4.1000 ones) can be found within the start post of >this< thread.

@ bigplus:
Thank you for having tested the latest AMD AHCI drivers v1.2.1.376 WHQL and for your interesting report.

Done!

@ all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID Drivers v13.5.0.1056 WHQL dated 10/09/2014
  • new: Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID Drivers & Software Set v13.5.0.1056 WHQL dated 10/14/2014
  • new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID Drivers v13.5.0.1056 mod by Fernando
  • new: Universal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v13.5.0.1056
  • re-added: 32/64bit Win8 AMD AHCI drivers v1.3.1.220 WHQL
  • re-added: 32/64bit Win7 AMD AHCI drivers v1.2.1.359 WHQL (reason: the above report from our Forum member bigplus)

Good luck with these AHCI/RAID drivers!
Fernando

I did install 64bit Win8/8.1 AMD AHCI drivers v1.3.1.245 WHQL and there is no any difference in performance as was for bigplus.

Thanks for the feedback.
Maybe the performance decrease affects only Win7 users or AMD Chipset systems with some (older?) AMD AHCI Controllers.

> new: 32/64bit Win7 AMD AHCI drivers v1.2.1.376 WHQL dated 09/23/2014, suitable for AMD AHCI Controllers DEV_ 4391/4394, DEV_7801/7804 and DEV_7901/7904
>It has to be discovered by users with an AMD Chipset (like stoppardi), if these new AHCI drivers
>a) do support SB7xx Southbridges and

I can confirm that these Win7 64 drivers are working for Acer Aspire M7300 mainboard, with AMD SB7XX chipset.

Thank you for your great work.

Qan

Fernando, thanks for the modded drivers. My ICH10R (DEV_3A22) was not supported before that by the Intel RST Software.
TRIM is working.

According to HWiNFO chipset is "AMD RS880 + SB810/SB850". And computer brand is HP ProLiant MicroServer, one of the oldest models (BIOS Date: 12/31/99). May be it is so slow that I don`t notice any difference.

Hi mate, here is release notes: