Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

sorry i was not clear ,i am trying to install windows 7 and in windows installation cant make the driver work.
yes i have extracted the rar correctly i can see the files on usb.
(32bit version works i can see the hard drive)

If you want to install Win7 x86, you have to load or integrate the 32bit Samsung NVMe driver v3.0.0.1802 for Win7 x86.
Which Windows 7 architecture (32/64bit) do you want to install?

i am trying to install 64bit win7 tryed both win7 and win8 64bit drivers and it cant see the drive + i get the error i posted above.

@nofearek9 :
To exclude, that I had linked a wrong 64bit Samsung NVMe driver v3.0.0.1802 WHQL for Win7 x64 within the start post of this thread, I have just downloaded it from my MEGA account and checked its content. Result: It is the correct 64bit driver for Win7 x64.
The fact, that the OS Setup detected the NVMe SSD after having loaded or inserted the 32bit driver, lets me think, that you used an OS with a 32bit architecture.
Are you 100% sure, that you were trying to install the 64bit variant of Windows 7?

yes ,its a dvd which has all windows versions and i choose pro 64bit.
in 32bit driver after i can see the drive i cant format it or proceed with the installation.

@nofearek9 :
Maybe it is the better option to integrate the MS NVMe driver Hotfix according to >this< site.

yeap that will do.thanks.

Regarding the Samsung driver, from the Samsung website, the min recommended processor is Haswell Refresh Processor. I’m running xeon e5-2670 which I think are the previous sandy bridge. Should I hold off on installing this samsung driver and stick with the win 10 driver for my 970 evo nvme, or does anyone know if the samsung driver would be OK?

Why don’t you try to find it out yourself? It is very easy and doesn’t take more than 10 minutes.

OK, I just didn’t want to get stuck and have to re-install windows again…just thought I’d ask. Besides, according to this post: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.ph…-x9dri-f.13245/
they were able to run the driver with the same generation of CPU, so I think it might work without issue.

Edit: Couldn’t get it to install I keep getting an ACPI Bios error on win 10 restart when attempting to load any drivers other that the win 10 drivers. I can’t seem to work around that error, so maybe I’ll stick with the win 10 performance for now which is fine…I was just looking for a little extra performance. But, I’m still getting 3,300 read speed with that 970 evo on win 10 driver, over the 500 I used to get off my sata3 drives, I think this will do.

Hello, I’ve found this forum via reddit while I was searching for a Driver / Firmware Update for my KXG50ZNV256G, since it has writing issues (CrystalDiskMark gives around 300MB/s for all 4 options available).

The Problem I have now is, it seems there is a different Firmware on my XG5, then it is available on other XG5’s, which is a AAHA4102, while on others it is a AADA4102 (or AAHA4105 with the latest ones), which seems to be available at DELL too, my SSD is in a HP Computer (so I guess that the H for in the AAHA instead of the D for DELL?), so I can’t use these ones as it seems.

Is there any chance for a workaround? Or am I’m lost here and need to accept the bad SSD? I’ve already contacted the HP Support a few Days ago, but doesn’t got a answer if there is by any chance a driver incoming from them.

@Booshki :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Regarding a Firmware update for your NVMe SSD you should contact the Toshiba Support or the manufacturer of your system. By the way - I don’t think, that the SSD’s Firmware has any impact on the usability of a certain storage driver.
Only the HardwareIDs of your SSD’s NVMe Controller is decisive for the question, whether it is supported by the specific driver or not.
Which are the HardwareIDs of the NVMe Controller? To find it out, please expand the “Storage Controllers” section of the Device Manager, do a right-click onto the listed NVMe Controller and choose the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.
Final question: Which NVMe driver are you currently using?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I’m not too much into it, so I’m not too sure how a Firmware would actually affect it, but considering that the Firmware Updates on DELL are saying “Fixed write performance issue encountered on specific workload” I was assuming that this might help in some case.

The Current Driver is the Default Microsoft one.

Here are some pictures:

@Booshki I have the same problem. Look here: Toshiba XG5: Slow seq. write rate
But at the moment no solution.

hey there. could somebody help? i have a laptop with an SSD what the Windows 8 installer does not recognise. i tried to figure out which driver i need for it but no luck yet… i’m stuck with it and i cannot go on. the SSD is a Toshiba (OCZ?) KBG30ZMV256G. please help.

You may need to integrate the OCZ/Toshiba driver… [Guide] Integration of drivers into a Win7/8/10 image
It also appears that Win8.1 may have better support https://nvmexpress.org/nvm-express-boot-…server-2012-r2/

Pretty sure you can install Win10 on the Win8 key, and I’d expect inbox support from Win10 - I’ve only looked at Win8 once, and that was only for long enough to upgrade it to 10

@VIBE:
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Matth79 is right - you should better install Win10, which has natively a better NVMe support than Win8.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all:
Update of the start post

Changelog:

• Intel NVMe drivers:
    • new: “pure” 64bit Intel RSTe NVMe drivers v5.5.0.1360 WHQL dated 08/27/2018 for Win8-10 x64
    • new: Intel RSTe Storage Drivers & Software Set v5.5.0.2012 WHQL dated 12/05/2018 for Win8-10 x64
      Notes:
      Supported are the NVMe Controllers of the following Intel NVMe SSDs:
      • P3700/3600/P3500/P3520/750 Series (DeviceID of the NVMe Controller: DEV_0953)
      • DC P3520 Series (DeviceID of the NVMe Controller: DEV_0A53)
      • DC P4500 and DC P4600/4501/4601/4608/4510 Series (DeviceID of the NVMe Controller: DEV_0A54)
      • DC P4600 (DeviceID of the NVMe Controller: DEV_0A55)
      • DC P5501/P5601 Series (DeviceID of the NVMe Controller: DEV_0A60)
      • Pro 7600p/760p/E 6100p Series (DeviceID of the NVMe Controller: DEV_F1A6)
      • 660p Series (DeviceID of the NVMe Controller: DEV_F1A8)
      • Optane P4800x Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_2701)

Thanks to Station-Drivers for the source package.

Good luck with these new Intel NVMe drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

thanks guys. i will check that thread. i have some special reasons to use that exact version btw so that’s why i try to figure out things.

@ViBE :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and sorry for my late reply!

Why do you want to get Win8 installed, which has not the best NVMe support? Win10 would be much better!
Furthermore you should make sure, that the BIOS of your laptop supports booting off an NVMe SSD. If the required NVMe module is not present within the BIOS, you cannot use any NVMe SSD as bootable system drive.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)