Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

@Fernando
I switched my settings from RAID to AHCI, and then it worked.

@King_Crimson :
Thanks for your feedback.
I suspect, that your problems after having installed the OS in UEFI mode were caused by the fact, that your RAIDed Disk Drives were not GPT formatted.

@Fernando
Hey, great forum !

EDIT: found answers to all my questions :slight_smile:

cheers

@alexander86 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
It is fine, that you found the answers to your questions yourself by searching within this Forum.
Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando

Intel NVMe Drivers 4.3.0.1006 Client

Intel NVMe Drivers 4.3.0.1006 Datacenter

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• Intel NVMe drivers:
    • new: 32/64bit Intel NVMe drivers v4.3.0.1006 WHQL dated 03/01/2019 for Win7-10
    • new: Intel NVMe Drivers Installer Set v4.3.0.1006 WHQL dated 03/28/2019 for Win7-10
      Notes:
      Supported are the NVMe Controllers of the following Intel NVMe SSDs:
      • Pro 7600p/760p/E 6100p Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_F1A6)
      • 660p Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_F1A8)
      • P3700/3600/P3500/P3520/750 Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_0953)
      • DC P3520 Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_0A53)
      • DC P4500/4600/4501/4601/4608/4510/4610/4511 Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_0A54)
      • DC P4600 (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_0A55)
      • Optane 900p/905p Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_2700)
      • Optane P4800x Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_2701)

• Thanks to Pacman for the info and the links.

• new: 32/64bit Intel NVMe drivers v4.2.0.1002 mod+signed by me at 04/10/2019
      Notes:
      Additionally supported are the NVMe Controllers of the following NVMe SSDs:
      • 600p Series (DeviceID of the related NVMe Controller: DEV_F1A5)
      • Optane 8000p Series (DeviceIDs of the related NVMe Controllers: DEV_2522 and DEV_A2BA)

Good luck with these new Intel NVMe drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

"Help me Fernando! You’re my last hope!"

I’m using Windows 10 (latest insider build) with 3 drives in AHCI mode:
- Crucial MX200 SSD
- M4 SSD
- SAMSUNG HD103SJ HDD

on this MB: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-…ing-3-rev-10#sp with latest BIOS.

I’ve bought Samsung’s V-NAND SSD 970 EVO Plus today (500GB) and when I connect it to the M2 connector on the MB - I lose access to all AHCI drives, I only see the M2/NAND drive.

What should I do in order to see all drives? :frowning:

Everything works fine when I disconnect the NVMe M.2 SSD…:frowning:

@huckster :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Your problem has nothing to do with the in-use drivers and with topic of this thread.
The M.2 port, where your NVMe SSD has been inserted, obviously shares the lanes with the SATA ports, where the other Disk Drives are connected. For details please have a look into your MB manual.
My advice: Insert the M.2 SSD into another M.2 port or attach the SATA HDD/SSD to other SATA ports.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Awesome. I moved it to another M.2 slot and it worked. Thank you!

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• AMD SATA AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers:
    • new: 64bit AMD NVMe RAID drivers v9.2.0.105 WHQL for Win10 x64 dated 03/22/2019
    • new: 64bit AMD SATA RAID drivers v9.2.0.105 WHQL for Win10 x64 dated 03/22/2019
    • These SATA/NVMe RAID drivers are only usable with modern AMD Chipsets from X399 up running Win10 x64.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: HGST/Western Digital NVMe Drivers:
    • 64bit HGST NVMe Driver v2.1.1806.42210 WHQL dated 06/22/2018
    • HGST NVMe Drivers Installer Set v2.1.1806.42210 WHQL dated 09/05/2018
    • These NVMe drivers have been designed for Windows Server Operating Systems from 2008 R2 up, but may work with Win7-Win10 as well.
      Supported are the HGST NVMe Controllers DEV_0003 and DEV_0023.
      Thanks to ouur Forum member zombiekil for the source links.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
Hi Dieter,
I’m still working on the Windows 7 install from USB3.0 process, and I was hoping to find a generic NVMe driver that I can integrate into the boot.wim file that would be compatible with most or all NVMe SSD’s. I tried the OFA driver signed by you, but I get an error 50 - drivers are not properly signed. I did attempt to use your ImportCertificate.cmd file, and it seemed to work like it should. Is this OFA driver what I’m looking for? Is there something I may have done wrong with the certificate importation? After un-zipping your .rar file I executed the ImportCertificate.cmd file from it’s default location, and pasted it to the same folder as the drivers, but neither procedure worked.
Jeff (Paulos)

@ Paulos7:
Only WHQL certified storage drivers can be successfully integrated into modern Windows Operating Systems from Windows 7 up.
That is the reason why the mod+signed OFA NVMe driver hasn’t been accepted by the Win7 Setup.
Consequence for you: You have to integrate the MS NVMe Hotfix into the boot.wim and install.wim of the Win7 Image (look >here<).
There is no other WHQL certified generic NVMe driver available.
Once you have successfully installed Win7, you can replace the MS NVMe driver by any other compatible NVMe driver (incl. the mod+signed OFA one).

Latest INF win7, 8.1 and 10 32bit & 64Bit driver for Silicon Motion NVMe drives, from the OEM that makes HP NVMe and SATA drives
Driver doent look like customized, for some reason after installing it the 4K Q32T1 benchmark was lowered to 300MB/s on 500GB HP EX920, basically if you look at Crystal mark it has 4 lines of benchmark data, the two at the top staid like it was before and the two bottom had lower performance.
After uninstalling the driver and going back to windows the benchmark result cam e back to how it was

https://www.multipointe.com/downloads/

@Wontell :
Thanks for the info, which confirmed me to leave the Silicon Motion NVMe drivers outside of my "recommended" NVMe drivers.
By the way: This drivers are not WHQL certified and cannot be used during the installation of a modern Intel Windows OS.

Would you recommend using that Open source NVMe driver for modern device like Corsair MP510 2Tb and HP EX950 and EX920?
So far the only offical and good driver i have is for my 480Gb Optane drive, all others relay on Windows or Intel if you switch RST mode to ON in bios

No, I would prefer the generic MS NVMe driver.

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: Western Digital/HGST NVMe Drivers:
    • 64bit WD/HGST NVMe Driver v3.0.1902.40413 WHQL dated 02/04/2019
    • WD/HGST NVMe Drivers Installer Set v3.0.1902.40413 dated 03/26/2019
    • These NVMe drivers have been designed for Windows Server Operating Systems from 2008 R2 up, but may work with Win7-Win10 as well.
      Supported are the WD/HGST NVMe Controllers with the HardwareIDs PCI\VEN_1C58&DEV_0023 and PCI\VEN_15B7&DEV_2001.
      Thanks to our Forum member zombiekil for the source links.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Fernando,

I have managed to get Win 7 X64 installed on a Z390 motherboard, but I cannot get any Intel Rapid Storage Storage Technology drivers to install.

Do you know of any modded (or could you mod any) IRST drivers that will install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

@Arctucas :
Windows 7 needs the additional SCSI filter driver named iaStorF.sys, which is present within all Intel RST(e) driverpacks. You should be able to get any Intel RST(e) driver up to the v15 platform installed while running Win7 (only the Intel RST v16 and v17 platform drivers cannot be used, because the SCSI filter driver is missing).
If you don’t want to use any of my mod+signed drivers, you can install even the original driver, but in this case you have to force the installation by using the “Have Disk” option.