Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

@MDM :
Ok the modified ones or the normal ones?

@Vartolu :

All the same, no difference, especially for you since you have Samsung…

Hi @Fernando , Long time lurker first time posting here.

I’m using Adata SX8200Pro 512GB nvme on Windows 10 64bit, about 2 years ago I update the driver to 64bit OFA NVMe Driver v1.5.0.0 for Win10 x64 mod+signed by Fernando. The device now listed as NVMe ADATA SX8200PNP SCSI Disk Device and the drive appear in taskbar as removable. From then I was unable to change the driver anymore, even when using “Have Disk” option and choose the same OFA NVMe Driver v1.5.0.0. It always come out with the message “The folder you specified doesn’t contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems”. What I do when try to install is I’ll “Run as Administrator” for Import Win-RAID CA.cmd first then use “Have Disk” to install the driver.

Is there a way for me to remove the current driver and install other driver? The generic 64bit Samsung NVMe driver v3.3.0.2003 can work with my SSD?

Is it because my driver now being identified as SCSI device?

Welcome, but you obviously didn’t read the forum thread very carefully, and forgot what you did 1 year ago (not 2, since that drive was released around the beginning of 2019.)… Or you would know that you should change the Storage controller driver and NOT the Disk drives sections one!. You were lucky not to succeed!

Sure you can try any driver offered and test performance, for me the best one was the Samsung one you mentioned (for practically the same drive).

P.S.
Probably the same answer goes to @Logic

Now I’m feeling very stupid
I was going at the wrong place all these time. Doing it at Storage Controllers and able to change the driver. Thank you so much.

@MDM :
Haha yeah just realized my mistake after going through few pages back.
I changed to the Samsung generic driver and run CrystalDiskMark but getting lower write speed. Only 1.6GB/s write while it used to be 2.3GB/s

Edit: Spoke too soon again. benchmark again and now the speed back to 2.3GB/s

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing to the author (to save space)

@Dandy :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@MDM :
Thanks for your quick and very helpful support!

@Dandy : @Logic :
As author of the start post I seriously expect, that the Forum members read it before writing about an apparent issue or asking an unnecessary question. This will save not only you but the supporters as well a lot of wasted time.
Just as a reminder: This is what I have written within the start post of this thread:

Micron 64-bit NVMe Driver version 2.1.15.56

Micron 64-bit NVMe Driver version 2.1.15.56.rar (3.1 MB)

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• Micron NVMe drivers:
    • new: 64bit Micron NVMe driver v2.1.15.56 WHQL for Win8-10 x64 dated 07/30/2019
    • new; 64bit Micron NVMe driver v2.1.15.56 WHQL for Win7 x64 dated 07/30/2019

Thanks to john77 for the info and for offering the already extracted drivers.

Good luck with these new Micron drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Good afternoon, I am looking for a more updated driver for my SSD NVME, windows recognizes as generic and install native driver from 2006.

Model: TEAM GROUP T-FORCE CARDEA II 256GB NVME
Controller: Phison ECFM12.1
Driver: PCI \ VEN_1987 & DEV_5012 & SUBSYS_50121987 & REV_01

Has anyone managed to mod any IRST drivers to allow a W7 install to run on a RAID0 array on an Intel Z390 motherboard?

I can get a W7 image installed on the RAID0 array, but at the Windows loading screen it freezes momentarily and then flashes a BSOD which I cannot read.

Thanks in advance.

@yuri oliveira The date from 2006 has a technical background, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the driver is from 2006. Also, for exapmle, the usb driver version in Windumb 10 for USB3 ports goes up with Windows’ version number, who knows if Microsoft actually changed something. (I would be interested in that if MS changed something there since Windows 8 from 2012)

@Yury_Oliveira :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
As PatrickK has already stated, the generic MS Nvme driver is only shown within the Devvice Manager as being from 2006. In reality it is as new as the OS you are running (look at the version number of the driver!).
If you should not be satisfied with the performance of the NVMe SSD, you can try one of the NVMe drivers, which had been mod+signed by me, but don’t forget to set a "Restore Point" before doing that.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Arctucas :

Do you really believe, that you will get an answer onto such question posted into page 120 0f this thread?
If you have a RAID0 array problem while installing or running Windows 7, you should better post your problem into >this< Sub-Forum.

Fernando,

My apologies.

I had made several posts in this thread previously regarding this issue.

I believed this was the appropriate place to post, as it is sort of a continuation of my previous posts.

Anyway, I posted a new thread in the forum you suggested.

Thanks

Sorry. I realised I was being an idiot soon after that post, but forgot to delete it!

Plz NB the serious issue with RND4K Q32T16 numbers with your 64bit Intel NVMe v4.4.0.1003 mod+signed driver as posted here:
Hardware IDs for Intel Optane drives, request for an update

there are not a specific driver for amd x570 sata with this (PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7901)?

@pipes80 :
If you would have done a look into the start post of this thread before writing your request, you would have found an AMD AHCI driver, which supports the HardwareIDs of your on-board AMD AHCI Controller.
Such post costs me again wasted time.

forgive tiredness made me escape my device

@Fernando

Hi
New SATA/NVMe RAID drivers for AMD 9.3.0.158

Sata_Raid_9.3.0.158.jpg

SATA_RAID_AMD_v9.3.0.00158.zip (367 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• AMD SATA/NVMe RAID drivers:
    • new: 64bit AMD SATA+NVMe RAID drivers v9.3.0.158 WHQL for Win10 x64 dated 03/13/2020

Thanks to aGeoM for the info and the attached drivers.

Good luck with these new AMD RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)