Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

which driver do i have to download for 300 intel chipset? i mean the ahci sata ones for windows 7

Hello!

For the intel Win7 Nvme drivers ( Latest Intel NVMe drivers from the RSTe v7 platform original drivers: >64bit Intel RSTe NVMe Drivers v7.0.0.2286 WHQL for Win7-10 x64< ) this driver to be exact. The drivers are not signed and I’m not able to use them. Please let me know if I’ve missed anything, or if you have a solution.

@rmc :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Yo can find the answer to your question within the start post of >this< thread.

@fnHypno :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Thanks for your info. Indeed the Intel RSTe NVMe drivers v7.0.0.2286 WHQL do not support Windows 7 - my bad. Meanwhile I have corrected the name of the packages and the related text within the start post.

Regards
Dieter [alias Fernando)

@Fernando Thanks for the welcome! I’m using a silicon power NVMe right now, and having issues when trying to install windows 7, no drives show up and I can’t find the right drivers for it to work. Do you have any recommendations or solutions? They would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

@fnHypno :
Regarding the usable NVMe driver for a Win7 installation onto an NVMe SSD, there is only 1 single option: You will have to integrate the 2 MS NVMe Hotfixes, which are offered within the second post of this thread.
Don’t forget to integrate them into both *.wim images of the OS (boot.wim and install.wim).
If you should not be satisfied with the stability or performance of the NVMe SSD, you can try to replace the MS NVMe driver by another third party one, but I doubt, that the results will be better.

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• ASMedia 106x SATA3 AHCI/RAID drivers:
    • new: “pure” 32/64bit ASMedia 106x SATA3 AHCI/RAID drivers v3.3.5.0 WHQL for Win8-10 dated 06/24/2020 (incl. DPInst files for an easy installation)
    • new: Complete ASMedia 106x SATA3 AHCI/RAID Drivers & Installer Set v3.3.5.0 dated 09/01/2020 (containing the above listed drivers)

Thanks to Station-Drivers for the source package.

Good luck with these new ASMedia SATA3 AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

These pure files saved me, thank you soo much!
Win7 64bit, just installed a samsung ssd 970 evo. Driver installer exe from samsung’s page would not start at all.
moda: h97-d3h rev1.0
Ps: I might try to set it up as a boot drive. Seen some interesting threads here.

@pet1g :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!

Yes, booting off an NVMe SSD is the best users can do.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Still no go with HWiNFO, freezes the system…

I discussed this bug with HWinfo author few times, he tried to fix, but it always failed, its years… I have same problem on my machines, AIDA64 and other softs are ok, with that. I tried lots of drivers, its simply problem of whole controllers detections code…

Yeah I know, only the native MS one works with no freeze.
Can he not borrow code from AIDA or others, no ones lockup like that!

Well, anything would be better than present situation, when is drive disconnected during detection… simple ignore would be better, i thing that simply some people need to complain, he still believe that is not only for some very specific ASM controllers, but never saw some working… but other 3rd party as Marwell working fine.
I dont understand how this count be solved:
https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/sol…ng-my-hdd.5535/

Same thing:
https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/sys…b-drivers.2944/

and there are other threads…

here is email of author ( [email protected] ), when he has time for Dos version resurrections, i guess that i should be time for this too. BTW Dos version, has similar issues too, when complains about something not standard but other Dos tools and Navratil system info works fine.

I suspect that this is problem of using some code from other author what he is not fully understand, so its hard to change it… or its hard to come with whole other new way of detection. These things are hard and low level and have less publicity than implement new shiny AMD/Intel stuff. Its similar with Linux, here is ASM Sata also PITA.

i am trying to install an m.2 with adapter on an intel dh55tc board … which you recommend

rcashpa: Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Without additional information about
a) your M.2 SSD (manufacturer, model and used data transfer protocol),
b) your system (chipset) and
c) your desired OS
I am not able able to help you.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando,

I have just purchased an ADATA SX8200 Pro 2tb NVME SSD which is now installed and using the Windows 10 Pro x64 standard drivers. ADATA does not provide any specific drivers for this drive so I was wondering if you could assist in finding/providing the optimal driver for this device. Much appreciated. PS: I’m running a Ryzen 5600x and Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro Ax (windows 10 pro x64).

Thank you.

Hi I have a Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe, is there a driver for this that I’d be able to integrate into a Windows 7 ISO? Checking main post I can’t find any with the same HWID’s I’ll post them here.

PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&SUBSYS_50161987&REV_01
PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&SUBSYS_50161987
PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&CC_010802
PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&CC_0108

Any response would be greatly appreciated thank you!

@Eskoose How about the three official NVMe updates for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 ?

@Eskoose :
Since Win7 natively doesn’t contain an NVMe driver and a specific WHQL certified third party NVMe driver for the NVMe Controller of your Sabrent SSD doesn’t exist, you have to follow PatrickK’s advice and to integrate the 2 MS NVMe Hotfixes into the boot.wim and install.wim of the desired Win7 Image. You can find the links to these Hotfixes within this thread on top of the second post.
Nevertheless you will be able to replace the MS NVMe driver by another one (e.g. by a mod+signed generic Samsung NVMe driver) after having completed the Win7 installation.

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• Intel NVMe drivers:
    • new: 64bit Intel RSTe NVMe driver v7.5.0.1990 for Win7-10 x64 dated 12/17/2020
    • new: Intel RSTe Storage Drivers Installer Set v7.5.0.1990 for Win7-10 x64 dated 12/17/2020
      Attention: This Set contains the Installer v7.5.0.1990, but will install the older Intel RSTe NVMe driver v7.5.0.1948 dated 09/16/2020.

Good luck with this new Intel NVMe driver!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Please I need drivers for WD SN530 NVMe on Lenovo 14 G2 Windows 10 PC. Who can help?
This NVMe SSD doesn’t seem to show up during Windows 10 installation but it is visible on the BIOS, so I assume it is a Windows 10 driver issue? I have tried it with Ubuntu 23.xx but it still doesn’t show up as a drive. What to do???