[Release] Resizable BAR BIOS EFI Module

@Insane the option added by gigabyte is probably broken you could using rebaruefi instead

1 Like

Hi @Kuri0 , I did, but I’m not sure its all I have to do, doesn’t work after reboot

LE: just saw there is a hole guide to patch my bios .bin file…will try hopefully will be better then my first attempt with the GPU…

Do I have to go through all the steps or only some, based on the the pictures I provided.
LE2: Seems quite complicated and will surely mess something up…

LE(next day):
with fresh eyes managed to successfully complete the tutorial…

Thank you @Kuri0

ive done everything and im waiting on my CH341A, but im curious, does the pad file bug actually make the bios not post at all or can it be flashed without the CH341A? i have an msi z170-a pro and I dont see a pad-file in my new patched version, but its there in the original. the wording had me confused on if this is normal and okay to use or if it not being in BOTH is what is normal and okay to use.

for my Gigabyte mobo I had QFlash utility directly from BIOS and worked (but also some setup in windows I could try) also it has dual-bios and if something would go wrong, its probably recoverable, as last resort I have a raspberry pi that i could probably use a a flasher…
But everything worked as expected.

i just wanna know if its normal to have no pad file in the edited volume for the patched bios. even mmtool method removed pad file.

Sometimes its normal.
If you are paranoid about the pad, I can put it back in.

1 Like

so proud of myself haha. i did it and i had to also update my gpu vbios but boom, succesful. i used mmtool just in case. no dsdt patch, only did one patch from patches.txt and set 32.

only shows 8gb on bar though, i set to 32, does that matter or??

god this is so cool, i have 60 fps in starfield now lol. the 8gb actually makes sense cuz 8gb vram i think

Attached here is my current working ASRock Z170 Fatal1ty K6 bios that is modded with coffeelake (intel 9th gen cpu) support. I did it a few years ago, thanks to the guide in winraid forum. My i7-9700 runs perfectly on it.

skycoffeer0.zip (7.5 MB)

I am trying my best to understand the rebar mod guide posted by xCuri0 on github. I’m stuck at understanding the pad file check and dsdt patching, and I can’t go further.

I’m looking for a kind person who is willing to mod my modded bios to support rebar. A million thanks in advance.

Here u go: skycoffeer0rbar.rar (7.4 MB)

Just make sure you disable CSM, enable above 4g, and you’re good to go to use rebarstate app to set the rebar.

1 Like

Thank you very much.
Just need some clarifications regarding the step:

1. Flash bios
  2. Disable csm (in bios menu)
  3. Enable above 4g in bios Advanced\Chipset Configuration menu, similar to this video?
  4. Run rebarstate while I’m inside Windows?

I am still currently using a nvidia GTX1070 graphics card, which doesn’t support rebar. I am planning to buy RTX3060Ti, which support rebar. If I do this bios mod now, can I check whether the mod is successful (without having rebar-capable gpu)?

yep, you get it all correct. run rebar state IF you want to run rebar.

you could confirm rebar is working when you have a rebar capable card, or when above 4g decoding is enabled, large memory is there in device manager.

Also you could check on GPUZ > Vulkan and see the memory heap size, it should be identical or close to your gpu vram. Rebar isnt working if it only uses 256mb in that page.

I saw an old post from Kuri0 from Nov2022 that says “Z170 and some Z97 boards seem to have a problem where they force GPU resources to be allocated in 32 bit region ignoring if 4G decoding is enabled”.
Is this already fixed?

Regarding running rebarstate, do I need to run it everytime I reset bios? How about if I reinstall windows? Is this a permanent thing?

Hello @Skylinestar,

Be sure to apply the patches to your modified ReBAR file.

Best regards,

Yes it has been fixed, and for your bios it doesnt need dsdt patch, just uefi patch for the problem you mentioned. All files the bios i gave replaced using mmtool to avoid pad file stuff.

and yes for rebarstate you need to run it whenever you reset your bios.

@Skylinestar Fixed with UEFIPatch

1 Like

I’ve been having issues with dsdt patching for a while, I know this is what the guide says when you get them.

“Create a new modified AmiBoardInfo using AmiBoardInfoTool -a AmiBoardInfo.efi -d DSDTMod.aml -o AmiBoardInfoMod.efi. If you get the error ERROR: PE32 has .ROM but not DYNAMIC_BASE set -> Unpatchable atm.. you’ll need to remove unneeded code from the DSDTMod.dsl so that its compiled size is smaller than the original.”

But that’s the thing, what should I even remove from there in order to compile? I don’t know much about bios modding and I don’t have dual bios so I need to get everything right, this is an ih61m motherboard for starters, lenovo m72e oem. Do I need this to begin with?

@RodriGames40 It says at the bottom of the page

1 Like

Do I need DSDT patching after all then? I have a 4 gb gpu just in case, I suppose I can use 2G bar and call it a day.

@RodriGames40 you need to do DSDT patch because the UEFIPatch for Sandy/Ivy Bridge requires it. Without the DSDT patch Windows won’t boot or will give Code 12 for GPU.

Without UEFIPatch the maximum BAR size that you can use is 2GB, but you will find out that 2GB BAR on a 4GB VRAM GPU results in some games crashing (Unreal Engine mostly).

1 Like