[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 Stock BIOS unlock

Hello,
Could someone unlock the Advanced and Power menu of the stock BIOS (extract attached added to zip as it is larger than 6 Mb) so I could try flash it without clip - using the crisis mode (I have one in case something goes wrong) as I have successfully downgraded bios even without using the crisis mode.
Thank you!

isflash.zip (5.05 MB)

@bat_malin - Send me your dumped BIOS, I will unlock it for you, no reason to waste time trying to figure out if you can flash mod BIOS via recovery and then it fail and I have to re-edit another BIOS etc. Downgrading BIOS is not at all related or same as flashing mod BIOS.
This is a two byte edit, send me dump and I’ll send right back

Thank you! I have to wait a bit before I can do this because my gear is by a friend and we are not allowed to see each other because he has asthma and there is a risk for him. I will ping you as soon as I am able to dump the BIOS!

@bat_malin - You’re welcome! I totally understand! Maybe he can have someone bring it to you, or you can send someone (or you) to pickup from him if he leaves in mailbox or on porch somewhere etc?

@Lost_N_BIOS Finally I got my programmer and clip back and will make a dump of my BIOS tomorrow. Could you please tell me how to recognize the bios chip?

@bat_malin - BIOS chip is 150-200mm square and looks like what you see below (general example), if you want to see other images google SOIP8 BIOS chip (or SOP-8 BIOS Chip, or SOP8 BIOS Chip) and look at the images

SOIC8-SOIP8-BIOSExample.jpg

@Lost_N_BIOS Hey do I have to disconnect the laptop battery when reading the chip and dumping?

Hey @bat_malin have you been able to get the BIOS dump to @Lost_N_BIOS ? I believe you are on v 1.09.

@bat_malin - Sometimes yes, sometimes no - same applies to power supply. First try without both. What is BIOS Chip ID, so I can tell you what software/version is best to use.

@Lost_N_BIOS ok now i just have to get a new thermal paste becasue it turns out that the chip is under the cooler. I hate Acer already!
Gruß aus Bulgarien!

@bat_malin - OK, we can wait Or we can see if we can unlock via H20UVE and then dump/reflash via FPT if you want instead?
If you want to try that, do spoiler stuff and upload file, let me know what you get at step #2

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

Then, download the following package, and run the command below from each versions folder that directly contains it’s exe.
Once done, copy the entire folder somewhere, delete everything but any created vars.txt and then repackage this and send to me, this way all created vars.txt remain in place in the folders of the version that created them.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…212104496994806

@Lost_N_BIOS you mean without using the programmer at all? Just your entire post showed up on my phone, nevermind. I will give it a try

Yes, we may be able to flash in mod BIOS without programmer. I didn’t mention at reply #2 because you seemed worried, and had programmer already you said, so I felt we could skip it back then, but it’s been so long I know you’re tired of waiting

And yes, sorry, you may need to refresh page, I edited in a lot above after my first reply.

@Lost_N_BIOS Does the AMD MB have Intel ME? I am confused, should I skip the first step?

Capture12.PNG

@Lost_N_BIOS I am getting this message:

Capture1.PNG

Well seems that the luck is not with me again, got new paste, opened laptop, took a picture before removing the cooler. Checked the type of the chip and BAAAM - 1,8V. Ordering adapter now :frowning:
Found datasheet thou.DATASHEET

XMC.jpg

@Lost_N_BIOS While I am waiting for a 1.8v adapter to arrive could you tell me which 2 bytes you are changing and in which var I will try to change it with linux in efivars folder?

Sorry I missed you so many times @bat_malin - Sorry about the FPT stuff, you cannot use that since this is AMD system.
Vars edit is only helpful to disable Intel related locks, so you can use FPT, so dump of vars or edit vars wont matter here. The two bytes I mentioned is the actual BIOS edit, not vars edit (that would be 2-4 bytes changing, if this was Intel)

Yes, that is XM25QU64A 1.6-1.8V chip, use Software 1.38 from package here - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…125571740490142
Also, here is other package with many software versions, in case you need later - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…213094641136166

You may be able to use flashrom from linux, here is guide, see if you can dump chip, if so, then you can probably program as well (only valid if system is bootable still, I think it is)
Flashrom also works, here is Linux/Ubuntu method/guide - [GUIDE] The Beginners Guide to Using a CH341A SPI Programmer/Flasher (With Pictures!)
And here is Windows version someone made (post 510) - [Guide] Using CH341A-based programmer to flash SPI EEPROM (34)
And here in “Annex” Section at end, another possible method, similar to first link above (ignore 32MB/Asus info)
[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

help me please!!

i need to flash bios on acer nitro 5