[Request] ASUS B660M-A-D4 Unlocked full bios

hello, i bought a motherboard as in the subject, but i can’t make this bios mod like i did on my i7 6700k and asus h110m-k board, afuwin doesn’t work like this, i unlocked the bios using amipcb, i try 3 differents version of AFUWIN, its not work on b660m when i use command /GAN i get error, on newest afuwin version i can flash just original bios.CAP, but this afuwin version 5.05.04 dont have command like /GAN, its any other way? on Asus h110m-k i used this option and no problem:

2. Usage of an AMI AFUDOS or AFUWIN Tool: The first users, who reported about this option, were the Forum users ValkyrieStar (look >here< ) and OldGuy (look >here<).
Here is a short guide for users, who are running a 64bit Windows OS: * Download the following AMI Aptio IV BIOS Tool:
>AMI AFUWin64 v3.05.04< (can be used while running any 64bit Windows OS)
Note: This AFUWin tool version is dated 11/07/2015 and not offered by AMI anymore, but the latest, which supports the tricky " /GAN" command suffix (see below).

* Copy the original (untouched) capsuled BIOS file into the same directory as the file AFUWINx64.exe.

* Flash the original BIOS by running the following Command Prompt (as Admin):

afuwinx64.exe <NAME OF THE ORIGINAL BIOS>.CAP
* Remove the capsule header from the modded *.CAP BIOS file and save the modded BIOS as *.ROM file.
The removal of the capsule header can be done by several BIOS tools. Here is the way how to do it by using the latest UEFITool version (you can get it >here< ):

* Open the *.CAP file, do a right-click onto the listed "AMI Aptio capsule", choose the option "Extract body…" and save it as *.ROM file. Here is the related screenshot:

Note: Due to the removed capsule header the *.ROM file is a little bit smaller sized than the original *.CAP file. This is normal and nothing to worry about.

* Replace the **original *.CAP** BIOS file within the AFUWIN64 folder by the **modded *.ROM** BIOS file.

* Flash the modded BIOS by running the following Command Prompt as Admin:

afuwinx64.exe <NAME OF THE MODDED BIOS>.ROM /GAN
* The UEFI BIOS should now be fully re-flashed and updated! Reboot and give it a try!

I try this 3 version:
|[AFUWIN Flasher 3.05.04] here command /GAN not work i get error Error : 46 Problem getting flash information
|[AFUWIN Flasher 4.48
|[AFUWIN Flasher 5.05.04] here i can flash but when verify block i get this error 1e - Error: Secure Flash feature does not support this file."

On new motherboard this way its not working? its possible to mod b660? thank you all you for answer

[GUIDE] Usage of AMI’s AptioV UEFI Editor + FPT Flash Method - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

thank you MeatWar, new book read:)

1 Like

hello, i’ve been struggling with this all day today i just need to unlock a few options, and if the whole bios is too much, although i’d prefer everything, amipcb and afuwin afudos i learned but here it’s hard for me can anyone help? Thank you very much

You asked for a flash method, since the 3 methods you reported had failed…
The 3 were correctly unsuccessful as their were old versions/methods for modern Aptio V… so what i linked earlier is the FPT method to flash… and this is done by the user ONLY.
The FD on latest bios seems unlocked for FTP access r/w but it may have other security bits inside the bios code.

You didnt ask for mods…

Theres no recent “leaked” versions of the tool for modern bioses, and the ones we know dont work correctly in modern bios structures, so death end.
Then a user shared here his work with an alternative tool, with a more intuitive gui than using IFR/Hex manually.
So to my knowledge…the UEFI Editor tool he presents us, for modern Aptio V bioses, is the closest to the AMIBCP tool from AMI.
Now a side note… since this is a mainboard without USB BFB for flashing/recover… its a little tricky to get some one willing to do mods for you or assure you that his mod file will work 100% and that theres no chance of failure/bricked board, no one likes it and its easier when were doing on our side…not on a remote user product.
The true and simple, anyway i changed the tittle of the thread to [Request], you should wait for other users to stop by.
All the best and good luck.

Ok thank you, but its weird this bios looks like intel 6 series asus, uefi look same but i think it have more security