[REQUEST] Asus Laptop UX550VE

Tried 1.30 all detect posible chips (7 options) and no one can detect it, so 1.31 free do the job the best
1.34 and 1.31 gives me the same chip info (C2 20 17 16) if it matters

@Load_N_Bios if you are mistaken due to filename, i changed it (it’s the same file as the last one, but renamed properly)

UX550VE-BACKUP_131free.zip (5.71 MB)

Here is fixed BIOS, using post #44 edit, all should be correct now! If after write/verify if fails to start, dump that BIOS and confirm via hex the write matches the file you programmed in, if not then write it again using ASProgrammer instead.
If that fails, I may need to redo your ME FW, and send new file, I assumed this isn’t the issue now and didn’t have time to redo it right now so will have to wait until tonight

As for 1.30, I edited in previous post, which BIOS ID to use instead (it = same/same as far as this is concerned). So, it (1.30 and this other ID) can also be used in above mentioned comments (if it fails to start, and your dumped write doesn’t match)

Erase, then blank check one by one manually, then open BIOS file, then read/verify via Auto button (with erase/blank already unchecked)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…859603998939003

Good luck, I have to run now, will be back in about 7-8 hours
Once your back in, don’t undervolt so much, unless you want to confirm the -200mv was what caused that (it shouldn’t, that’s not too much, but you never know, 200 could be some bug or something, try 195 or 220 etc)

There is no "Auto" in the free version, can it be done without auto?

1.30free was mistakaly named (it was done using 1.31 free version)

MAN! IT IS WORKING! You are not just an awesome guy, you are the smartest guy I have ever seen, you are my rescuer. I do love you so much. Thanks a lot, really. I really appreciate your work, thank you so much!!! <3 <3 <3

If you want, now we can test something with my bios what you want (like tabs count+, etc…)

@asusguybios - Good there is no Auto, I dislike that anyway, except for maybe auto write/verify, but those can be done one by one too.
1.31Free is actually 1.4, all very confusing

Great to hear all is working again and no ME FW redo needed, I was hoping to come back and see you already back in action again, not still fighting to recover!
You’re welcome, and thank you too - all from practice, years of doing this kind of thing etc.

So, how is the Save & Exit page now? Does it tab/switch to and from that without a delay now?

What do you mean about testing, going back and doing it the original way I mentioned before we decided on all the switching around? So you’d have one more tab, that I was worried about adding before when you didn’t have programmer?
If that’s what you mean, yes, we can test if you want, then if that works I’ll go back and redo it all differently like below. For the test, I will add back in security section, sound good?
Main → Main 2
Advanced → Advanced 2
Add >> Chipset
Boot → Boot 2
Security >> Leave
Save & Exit → Save & Exit 2

***Edit - Put this on with programmer, and then you wont have to use it anymore (unless it bricks), and we can carry on with FPT if anymore edits needed later.
If you’ve already put it back together, then you don’t have to put this on there if you don’t want to. Or, maybe you should go ahead, and leave the bottom unscrewed if possible, in case you need to recover from next test BIOS with the added menu entry?

Anyway, this BIOS will unlock your FD, so easy to write FD or ME FW region with FPT too if you ever need to later. Sorry, I meant to do that in the BIOS I sent you earlier, but I was in hurry and forgot
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…802836316011144

Do you want updated ME FW and CPU microcodes?

Hello, man! I went to bed after bios recover) I flashed #64 and now there are Main 2, Advanced 2, Chipset, Boot 2, Advanced, Boot, Security, Save & Exit 2

Save & Exit - lagging

There is something odd in boot 1, advanced 1, security: the first row in this tabs looks like i’m in sub-menu, but not in the general (the first row gives me arrow ← like I can go back, but I can’t really)

I think that this rearranging would be better: Main 2, Advanced, Boot, Security, Save & Exit 2, Chipset, Advanced 2, Boot 2

Also renaming would be better:
Advanced 2 → ^Advanced
Boot 2 → ^Boot
Chipset → ^Chipset

(Main 2 and Save & Exit 2 remain like Main and Save & Exit )

Dang it! Sorry about that, let me check it all over again! Should not have been 2 advanced or 2 boots, or two of anything
And what do you mean with each name “Main 2” Is there a two there, if yes then I must have been really sleeping and possibly use another BIOS files edit I made for different system, I didn’t rename any menus in your BIOS so none should have a “2” after name.

I checked and all looks correct/OK?? Did you erase, then blank check, then write/verify? Not that this would cause these issues if you didn’t, but it’s best to always do that so only what you write is on the chip once it’s done.

Ahh! Maybe all is correct, but with this particular BIOS I need to hide the original menus instead of them being default hidden when I switch (some BIOS need this, but it’s rare)

Show me an image of the BIOS, just one, any page at root level, so I can see all visible menu sections.

I name it “Advanced 2” just here for understanding. They are named without indexes, etc.
Now it looks like: Main, Advanced, Chipset, Boot, Advanced, Boot, Security, Save & Exit

But I mean that they are arranged like I wrote above

"Main 2" (the first in the list now) - is different from the default one (it’s another main menu and i think you hide Main 1 and Save & Exit 1)

@asusguybios - Thanks for clarifying, there shouldn’t be two advanced or two boots, and all should be “2” - as in all should be the hidden menus now, except security I think (and actually, I haven’t even made that BIOS for you yet?!)
Let me check it once more, and send you another test BIOS with. Did you ever flash BIOS from #62? I assumed you did to recover with, but maybe you never did and used something else?
BIOS #62 and #64 are same BIOS, except unlocked FD, which has nothing to do with BIOS menus or BIOS edits like we’re discussing. So BIOS #62 and #64 should look exactly the same to you in the BIOS, which at post #63 sounded like it was perfect
This is why I asked if you were sure to erase, then blank check, before you wrote/verified with the programmer.

* Edit, before I attempt to fix again, lets do that one test and see if adding a menu breaks BIOS or not. Since you flashed in FD BIOS, you can now FPT flash >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosname.bin
Please wait, making this BIOS for you now

* Edit - I think I found the Save & Exit issue, possibly, I had second Security menu added into a block list, and there isn’t an actual second security. I think maybe this was causing the issue, can’t think of anything else that would do this and I’ve edited 100’s of Asus BIOS.
Anyway, here is four new BIOS to test. First one has the additional menu entry test, if it fails the program back in third BIOS here which has “security” removed again but should now not have the exit issue possibly.
Then after all that you can put system back together now and we’ll use FPT from here on out.

Second BIOS is same as first, but I’m testing if AMIBCP edit post rest of the unlock is needed or not, this one will fail/brick same as the first if that one fails, so if first fails no need to test second.
^^ Due to this comment, there will now be 4 BIOS, so I can confirm if this is causing the Save & Exit issue, if the above thing wasn’t. If not, I have one more idea on this save and exit, but need to confirm which in each of these pairs works and works best.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…206652758928154

Please test in this order, except if #1 fails no need to test #2. If #1 OK, still test #2 - give me feedback on all if #1 working
1. Prop1
2. Prop2NoBCP

3. BackOGNew
4. BackOGNewNoBCP

Will test it tonight

Excuse me for being inactive, I’m available and have time to make tests. Please could you provide 4 links for those bioses, because I’m a bit confused))

@asusguybios - Sorry, always buried and behind here!! I just came across your thread again

The BIOS I mentioned, that you requested, are linked above in post #68

HI, I just registered as I was looking for a way to overclock my Asus ux550ve, and feel on this forum , I did not even know it was possible to unlock overclock feature in bios, Did I understand this correctly? if this is right can I download it and flash it, as my machine is a ux550VE this one can you confirm?, I would really like if it is possible, 20 years ago I was a beta tester editor and Modder but it was a long time ago things changed a lot from the first water cooling that costed 1200$ and ocz ram that was costing 600$ and we were testing all night tweaking memory timing 1 by one. anyway let me know and I thank you for everything and really glad I fell on this forum if you need information I can give what ever you need from my bios or windows let me know.