[Request] Asus P9x79 BIOS with NVMe support

It’s not confirmed or denied by any other user besides cobra11murderer
We would like to see some other reports to really confirm this “issue” with the P5 Plus.
Since the board has USB BFB feature and maybe you have a different adapter model/brand, why dont you give it a try, regards.

EDIT:

Ok, if you’re willing try this one mod P9X79_4701 after this if still the same behaviour, we’ll backlist this Crucial P5 Plus NVMe as non-candidate to NVMe DXE/Guide in the forum.

EDIT: Thank you for having performed the additional tests with the 4701, this will give future users of the ASUS P9X79 a warning about this Crucial model.
Still we need more motherboard models to confirm this issue on the P5 Plus NVMe.

Then I herby confirm that Crucial P5 Plus nvme ssd does not work with Asus P9x79 on both stock bios and modded one posted by hancor at Oct 23. Mere presense of Crucial P5 Plus ssd in pci-e slot causes freeze when loading OS from sata. After removing it everything comes back to normal.

Same thing with bios mod P9X79_4701

• windows 10 from sata ssd freezes during load when Crucial P5 Plus NVMe is in PCIe slot.
  • windows 10 installation freezes during initial load when Crucial P5 Plus NVMe is in PCIe slot (all sata drives were disconnected)
  • linux ubuntu from pendrive started ok. Crucial P5 was visible although I did not test it, initialize it as I need to return it to shop.

Hello All,
It’s my first post in this very interesting forum.
I went through the subject but many links no longer work.
Is there already a modified bios version for simple “P9X79” in 4801 version that supports ALSO the bifurcation of the white slot (PCIE X8) in X4/x4. I would like to use it with an ASUS hyper M2 card that has 2 M2 slot. I found a 4701 version but prefer the 4801.
Thanks in advance.