[REQUEST] Asus/Pegatron IMISR-VM OC Unlock

Hi Lost, I can directly type in any number I like. and the CPU will run with a 6.0 multiplier on reboot (1200MHz) and if I go into the BIOS the multiplier I typed in will be what I typed in. For example if I type in "14.0" or "14" it will not give me 2800MHz but 1200MHz. It doesn’t matter what I type in it will not take. However, now Throttlestop 8.50 will adjust my multiplier once I’m in Windows which is great.

Lost, does that make sense?

Yes, I understand what you mean. I don’t get why it does that though? Did we update your CPU microcodes, or not? That shouldn’t matter to this, but maybe it could help if we haven’t yet. I assume we did already, what BIOS from here are you using (What post # and BIOS name)
Yes, I see that was first thing I did on this thread. Are they being applied? Please check ucode version with HWInfo64 (in ucode box, two boxes down from core count in the middle of the CPU-z-like window > uCU) Or check with AIDA64 at motherboard, CPUID > Microcode

I’ll look at BIOS again too and see if I can figure out any reason for this to happen. * Edit, I see, this is blank in BIOS for failsafe/optimal defaults and no external function set, so not a valid option, unsure why they left it user selectable?

Throttlestop works! Awesome
I will be getting X9100 so bsel mod will be required
@JerryD Do you have 1066fsb cpu you could try to boot with?
How hot does cpu get at 3.4 under full load? The t5800 hits almost 70 which is pretty bad. AFAIK you can’t put a custom cooler on the motherboard. Let me know if I’m wrong.
Any sign of @tonyspanos ?

@Lost_N_BIOS I will check, thank you. I am so busy I hope this week I will check otherwise the weekend!

@thatubuntuguy I don’t have a 1066FSB CPU to boot. Please post photos of what you do with the board because I may follow you with your modification.

The X9000 peaks in high 50C. I don’t pay much attention to it. The stock cooler is not so good. It is possible to make something work with the motherboard and I am considering doing this but I have other bits and pieces I am trying to figure out other things… I will post more photos.

To be honest, playing a few games with the Geforce GT 1030 at stock 2.8GHz the performance is great even in 4K. Benchmark performance is a bit weak but realy world is good. I really think a T9500 or T7800 are good alternatives to the X9000.

Update: I have purchased a 1U 250W PSU and am waiting on it. I will also be trialling hot plug on the IDE port. Big weekend coming up.

Don’t hot plug IDE

Hi Guys, I’ve been very busy and am about to travel for a couple weeks so nothing will happen till I get back. What I have discovered is that if the IDE port is used, i.e. with a CD-ROM the boot time is very fast like on my ThinkPad. I think it has something to do with searching for IDE on boot and even though I set search time to zero boot times were not good. So, I used a ultrabay PATA drive from a ThinkPad and it’s fantastic fast on boot now. Maybe other IDE devices would be good to lessen boot times.

@Lost_N_BIOS I will check ucode version tonight before I leave.

@thatubuntuguy I am really interested to see you get a quad core running. Any progress?

See you guys in a couple of weeks waves

IDE? If it’s slowing down things, when you really didn’t want to use it, you can disable IDE port in BIOS most likely. Or just leave CD-Rom installed?

I got one of these boards too and I would love to try out your BIOS, but the download link is dead.

Could you please repost the modded BIOS :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Thanks for the heads up @s3chrome - here is new link and I’ll update the other post with new link too
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…513885031293985

Thank you so much! Cant wait to flash it tonight :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I have a few of these motherboards and one of them came with BIOS 0120. I will attach the original and updated modded version with the latest microcodes. One snag I have found with these boards, an AMD FirePro W5000 video card will lock up the BIOS as soon as you enter it, but works fine in Windows without any issues. Don’t know if this can be fixed?

Looking forward to helping out and learning. :slight_smile:

Steve

EC00120.zip (823 KB)

@steves1977uk - thanks for sharing your dump. On the FirePro, that could be any number of things, I’d first try updating vBIOS inside the BIOS, then if no help you may need to try and update the actual vBIOS on the card.
Does that happen in UEFI/Secure boot mode, as well as Legacy/Non-UEFI mode (if this is an option on the BIOS)?

@Lost_N_BIOS - I’ve tried several BIOSes on the FirePro card, and all do the same thing. Any other AMD/ATI non-FirePro cards works fine.

The BIOS on the IMISR-VM is a legacy one only as it’s AMIBIOS 8 based. Where would I find the latest vBIOS for this board?

Thanks,

Steve

@Lost_N_BIOS

Hey, I don’t suppose you could re-upload that IMISR-VM BIOS with the updated microcode? The original link is dead and I have an IMISR-VM in a system myself and would like to explore more CPU options.

Thanks

Any chance to reupload the modded BIOS please :wink:

Thanks

Lost as been away since January, his private links r not recoverable.
Address it to another (@user) that may share with u.

@thatubuntuguy

Sorry for the Necropost. I just got one of these boards too. Currently using a Core 2 Extreme X7800 (Merom).

I have a couple of Penryn CPUs with a 1066MHz bus (E8335/T9550). Is there a way to get these working with a modded BIOS? Or is 800MHz the limit? (So a T9300/T9500?)