[Request] ASUS Q170S1 BIOS Updated, Unlocked and CoffeeLake mod

Ohh, OK. Yes, CFG lock should work, you just have to disable it before install of MAC + MSR Edit I did
So good, sounds like MAC installed and working, nice

@LOST_N_BIOS For MacOs, work with MSR disabled. If it is enabled, the system simply will not start, or it will work very poorly
In my case, the kernel panic was due to the included CSM module, which generally prevents MacOs from starting
so as soon as I disabled it the problem went away immediately.
Yes, now I can safely turn off the kernels and enjoy the disabled CFG

Perhaps you need to send some more photos of the BIOS sections to modify the BIOS?

Yes, I did disable MSR 0xE2 already. No, I don’t need any BIOS images right now

Advanced/Thermal Configuration/DPTF Configuration/ empty item

IMAGE 2021-01-09 10:23:15.jpg

Yes, as I mentioned, I am only at top of Advanced (only did up to start of second submenu - CPU Configuration)
So did not even get to the submenu you mentioned yet No need to worry about anything missing right now, if you can’t see it, then it’s not there yet, until I’m done

@LOST_N_BIOS Hello.
How are you doing with the BIOS modification?
Thank you in advance

Bump

I need several hours, where I only work on that and nothing else, so I’ve not had time yet. I sent you the mid-way mod I did so you could get MAC installed and not worry about this so much.
Is there something specific you need visible? if yes, I can do that real quick, but I can’t rush to do ALL the settings in any quick manner, sorry.
Every single setting I have to edit two modules at same time via hex and some require 3-5 bytes to change on one file + 1 on another, so it’s very tedious and time consuming, not something I can nor that you want me to rush through.

@Lost_N_BIOS
I understood you. I thought that the unlocking was only required by AMIBCP, and the setting of hidden items on USER. This is the first time I hear that each setting needs to be edited two modules via hexadecimal format. It’s really exhausting.

I’ll pay you for the job as soon as you succeed. Write how much, I will pay you how much you need

@vismut1822 - I don’t use AMIBCP for BIOS editing, I only mentioned that earlier when you were rushing me to try and finish up.
Then I mentioned if you want a quick dirty edit, that we may have to go back and make more edits on, that I could give you a quick edit via AMIBCP (but that will leave anything suppressed in setup still hidden)
I do all BIOS modifications via hex editing always, unless I’m testing or checking something, or someone needs me to look at something AMIBCP is doing.
The only time I use AMIBCP is for quick looking around, or if I want to change the text name of something.

And yes, in this BIOS, nearly ALL settings and submenus are suppressed in setup module, which AMIBCP does not touch
So I’m sure more than half of stuff you would change with AMIBCP to User or Super for Access Level would still be hidden.

Well thank you, I really do appreciate you wanting to pay me something!
You don’t have to, but if you really want to, let me know or send me PM to let me know and I will send you how-to info

Sorry I can’t do this quickly, I just prefer to do it all properly all at once so we don’t have to do 20 back-n-forths w/ edit after edit after edit
The previous quick tests and re-edits were only needed because you were in hurry so I rushed something to you
It’s not a quick edit you asked for But sorry it’s taking long time, I will try to get done soon

@LOST_N_BIOS Thanks for the detailed information.
I first learned that AMIBCP superficially shows hidden settings. And that the settings module contains all the hidden features.
In this case, there is no need to rush, since it is in my interests to display ALL the points that are possible and have been hidden. I urge you not to rush, but to do it efficiently and competently

I’ll wait then for the final modification

Thank you very much in advance!

@Lost_N_BIOS Hello.
Tell me, how are you progressing with unlocking the BIOS?

@vismut1822 Hello,
Have you been able to use your QTJ2 cpu much? How is it performing?
I am looking to use one of these CPUs in my motherboard.
Thanks

I have a question

In a post #70 , @LOST_N_BIOS reported that it does not use AMIBCP as a modification and unlock of hidden settings.
To which he replied that he was using hexadecimal editing BIOS
Also, the @LOST_N_BIOS reported that almost ALL settings and submenus are suppressed in the configuration module, which AMIBCP does not touch.

Explain what is hexadecimal editing? What did he mean? Where can I find a manual on FINE unlocking of hidden settings without AMIBCP and so on?
I am interested in the subtlest unlocking.
How can I unlock ALL hidden settings of my BIOS on my own, since all items are hidden in the settings module?
Or, who can I ask (I am ready to pay the required amount for the work) to unlock the hidden settings?

@Fernando what do you say to that?

Nothing. I am not an expert regarding this kind of BIOS modding

Hello. Since Comrade @Lost_N_BIOS hasn’t been online for a long time, he never made the necessary modification for me.
In this case, I will ask others, you modders.

Comrade @LOST_N_BIOS wrote that by this BIOS almost ALL settings and submenus are suppressed in the configuration module, which AMIBCP does not affect.
So I’m pretty sure more than half of what you change from AMIBCP to User or Super for the access level will still be hidden.

Who can unlock FULLY ALL HIDDEN SETTINGS via hex edit?
I will pay for the work done

I attach my dump
https://ufile.io/h15qihrn

@vismut1822 - Did you get the settings revealed that you were wanting?

@CivicObligation I am interested in unlocking all depressed nodes manufacturer. I have a big half unlocked through AMIBCP, but as we know, this program cannot unlock all the settings, so you need to resort to hexadecimal editing
I will pay a lot of money if you succeed.

i mod bios on asus z270H for cpu QTJ2 ( 10750H ES ) . But i can’t using XMP and install intel optane it showed cpu is not support