[Request] Asus UX533FD laptop mod request

Hello, I have this laptop model and I want to be able to use the “Power on AC” option, but it is not present in my BIOS. Does anyone know if this is possible with this laptop?

This is some information I have on it:

• BIOS Version: 306 (UX533FD.306)
  • Intel ME Version: 12.0, Build 1427, Hot Fix 35
  • I can provide any other information if required
  • There is also this thread on this forum regarding an identical model

I want to do this because this laptop does not have a working On/Off button.
It initially had a broken hinge and I had to buy a replacement palm rest (could barely find one anywhere). Then I completely disassembled it and assembled it again with the new palmrest. The palmrest includes the keyboard, which cannot be disassembled without completely destroying it, and the keyboard includes the On/Off button which is not working on the new palmrest.
Because of this, the only way I have of powering it on now is by unplugging the battery from the motherboard, plugging it in again, and then plugging in the AC. Then, it starts by itself without me having to press the power button.

I appreciate any hellp on this. Thank you!

There is my method! Work like charm. Use google for translation. If you need any help DM me. Разблокировка настроек BIOS | ANTICHAT - Security online community

@letvinov28 thank you very much for the help! I have been able to extract some of the BIOS information and the “Setup” part that is mentioned in your guide. I’m attaching it here for reference.

I’ve been looking through the BIOS to see if it has any settings that would help me. Unfortunately, all that I could find was a “State after G3” setting (not useful since that setting only handles a complete power loss, case in which I can already turn the laptop on) and a “Wake from S5 via RTC” setting (that only enables me to turn on the laptop on a schedule, I think at a set time every day).

I can’t believe there’s no setting to turn it on without the button somehow, even with some preparation for it. I wanted to use it for work, but I cannot rely on it like this, especially since it used to crash sometimes by overheating in low power states (could not fix after multiple reinstalls). So I’m giving up on this laptop for the time being.

I will check setup file 4 you after my work.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to add a “Power on AC” option to my BIOS, or does it have to already be present to work?

Up.