[Request] ASUS X79-Deluxe NVMe and Bifurcation Mod

@guru3d - OK, I taught myself how to make new updated and compiled .FFS with the updated EFI RST module
Sorry to ask, and hope you don’t mind, but it could possibly save me a few hours if I don’t have to work around that padding issue, would you please test these three BIOS?
https://ufile.io/c4o80jhh

Please let me know, do they boot OK, can you enter BIOS OK, and can you while in UEFI mode, use RAID RST UI
Legacy RST checking does not matter here, never any issue with replacing that, so don’t waste your time looking.
I assume OC may be broke on the UEFI25, but possibly not, the other MM ones it should be OK (if past run-in’s with that are related in any way)

I promise, if these all fail too, then I will take the time needed to work around this padding issue
All three BIOS above still have this padding concern, this test set will confirm for sure if this is cause of the issue, or previous invalid RST update methods due to lack of FFS update as a whole

@Lost_N_BIOS :

tested last 3
renamed the to X79DLX.CAP

non of them worked

@guru3d - Sorry, I forgot to put those into signed capsule. Do you mean you could not flash them? If yes, I assume so, renaming to cap is not how that is done.
Sorry about this, here is repack - https://ufile.io/xhcqtllu

@Lost_N_BIOS
Testuefi25 -> no overclock ,raid ok, few codes 01
testmm52-> restarts every time
testmm45-5007->all ok

@guru3d - Yes, as I mentioned OC may be an issue with the exact file you mentioned
testmm52-> restarts every time << What does this mean?? Restarts every time, what?? I don’t get what you’re saying, but due to below it’s not important

Great!! We have a winner >> testmm45-5007 << I will use this as base, which includes my newly created EFI RST .FFS update, and do the rest of the edit now
Thanks for your continued testing

@Kwstas - Sorry for the delay here, but at least now we know what was causing the issue finally! Big thanks to all the testing to guru3d
I will get this BIOS redone soon, and make secondary package for you with RSTe instead of RST, and yes, I will update ASMedia this time too

@Kwstas - OK, I will try to do soon as I can, maybe tonight because I don’t have time right now, about to leave in few minutes

@Kwstas - ASMedia, you may have to in-place update with software, I am not sure? The roms available do not look anything like what is in the actual BIOS, so I think that is updated via software package on windows-side
In BIOS for ASMedia is only a PE32 module (executable), not ROM, so totally different thing that roms from here - AHCI & RAID ROM Modules

Maybe @Fernando or @100PIER - could comment about this for us, I see they both “Inserted” an ASMedia rom to their BIOS on BIOS that did not contain an ASMedia ROM
[Discussion] Firmware for Asmedia Sata 6G Controllers (2)

Did you guys do this replacing the ASMedia PE32, or just insert it additionally, similar to adding NVME mod?
This BIOS has ASMedia module, with PE32 section only at GUID - A05F5C06-1782-48AA-962A-86A0892022B6
Stock BIOS link below if either of you want to inspect this and see if it’s similar to your boards BIOS/situations before you reply
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LG…E-ASUS-4805.zip

Fernando, do you by chance, know any example board I can grab this from too >>

* Edit @Kwstas - I need you to find me a BIOS that has V5 EFI RSTe natively in the BIOS, or tell me some model you know that has this, so I can get it’s depex section (if it has one), before I can make FFS to insert for this
I can try using the original RST depex, but I am not sure if that will work or not…?
Do you want to test that? It may break/kill your RAID array if it fails, so I would not suggest testing this on any critical array, only some newly created simple test array.

I found orom RSTe in P9X79 WS (** V3 **), but no EFI

Mod BIOS is done now, except for the RSTe secondary BIOS I was going to include in this package.
If you want me to post the new final mod BIOS without the RSTe version for now, let me know

@Lost_N_BIOS
Sorry, I have sold my old ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe system about 3 years ago now and had erased all P8Z77 BIOS informations traces from my current systems…
However, I don’t remember to have modded any ASMEDIA stuff into the P8Z77 BIOS, I was focused to insert only a NVMe module to boot off W7/W10 from a NVMe SSD because natively the BIOS was not ‘NVMe ready’.

@100PIER - OK, thanks. I only tagged you because you are Fernando discussed inserting ASMedia roms at the link I have above
I think I sorted it out now though, just inserted it like a NVME mod, except via MMTool as an orom, and now it shows up in UBU, so I think that confirms insertion is proper at least.
But, I don’t know if that means board/controller will use it, since it’s not in the ASMedia module of the BIOS? We shall see once testing begins again.
Thanks for popping in to reply on this

@Lost_N_BIOS :
Attached is the original BIOS 2.80 for the ASRock Z97 Extreme6, a mainboard which I formerly owned. It natively contains an ASMedia 106X EFI DXE Driver and an ASM106X Option ROM module v0.93. Both extracted modules are attached as well.
Due to >this< statement given by CodeRush in April 2015 about the chances to get full NVMe support by simply inserting an NVMe DXE Driver I really doubt, that it is possible to get such ASM106X modules properly working with an on-board ASMedia 106X SATA Controller without any ASMedia modules within the BIOS.

As long as I had the ASRock Z97 Extreme6, I tried to update the ASM106X BIOS modules by replacing them by newer ones. Only the v0.95 worked, but not better than the stock module v0.93.
According to my experiences with an on-board ASmedia SATA Controller it seems to be wasted time to work on an update of the related ASMedia106X BIOS modules. The Company ASMedia doesn’t seem to take care about their 106X BIOS modules.

ASMedia_106X_BIOS.rar (5.34 MB)

@Kwstas - the two images of UBU you showed, neither has EFI RSTe by default, sorry

@Fernando - Thank you! The BIOS here, has ASMedia module (PE32 only), but I did not find any rom in the BIOS. I inserted via MMTool 0.97 and then it showed in UBU (nothing for it before this)
I will check the BIOS you shared and see if similar thing is going on in there (at least driver/PE32 side) I found here, but sounds like maybe not, since there is no native rom in this BIOS
Edt - Yes, I see, you extracted same/similar ASM1061 PE32 (Thiis BIOS also has ASM104x SMI too), and I see as you mentioned native orom in CSM too (That’s where I inserted to this X79, not natively there)

Can you help with any info about my RSTe question above? Thanks
I need to find BIOS, preferably X79 and Asus if possible, that contains V3-V5 EFI RSTe natively
I want to build new FFS to insert RSTe, but need depex section first I think, I assume without that it may fail since original RST has a depex section and I’m not sure if I can/should use that.

@Lost_N_BIOS :

The UBU tool just shows the detected Option ROMs, but cannot evaluate whether they work/will be loaded while booting.

According to my knowledge there are 2 different sorts of BIOSes for Intel X79 chipset mainboards available:
a) "Normal" X79 BIOS: Contain Intel RSTe modules and has been designed primarily for Intel RSTe drivers and BIOS modules (although some RST drivers will work as well).
b) "Enhanced" X79 BIOS: The users can choose within the BIOS, whether they want to use RST or RSTe drivers and BIOS modules.
The reason for the offer of BIOSes with selectable RST/RSTe support was, that X79 users had reported, that the RST drivers were usually better performant.

@Fernando - About UBU and ASMedia, yes, I know what you mean We’ll have to test functionality, and may need to go back to the 0.95 version too as you mentioned. At that time, during your testing, you tested 0.97 and it didn’t work?
About the X79 RSTe - This BIOS seems to be a #3 which you did not mention >> X79 that contains EFI/oRom RST ONLY, no RSTe
Do you know example of either #1-2 type you mentioned, that contains native EFI RSTe, preferably Asus? I checked X79 WS, and it only has RSTe oRom
If you don’t know off hand, don’t waste time to look, I will dig around later and try to find

@Lost_N_BIOS :
Regarding Intel RST/RSTe BIOS modules for X79 chipset mainboards I found >this< old discussion on the ROG ASUS Forum. Maybe it will help you.
At that time X79 chipset couldn’t use the Intel RST Option ROM modules due to their “wrong” DEV_2822 entries. We found a way to modify the Intel RST Option ROM modules with the result, that they worked fine with DEV_2826 Intel RAID Controllers.