REQUEST Bios Flash for ROG ASUS Apex XI Z390

me80 microcode I don’t understand, you’ll have to show me where this is mentioned, by whoever “He” is, so I can try to make sense of what was meant.
Please also host BIOS some other site, Mega has not been working for me all week or longer.

I can make HEPT and TCO visible to you, but you may have to choose what you want and have me set it, since they’ve hidden this sometimes the remaining hidden debug option or NVRAM variable is the only real controlling factor. I think that mainly applied to HPET, but may also be same for TCO
Maybe best I make you two BIOS, these settings visible and editing by you, but one BIOS each with both enable/disabled in NVRAM/Debug

Hi, I was referring to fr33thy, I pm’d him and discussed a bit about this topic and he mentioned that in his testing “me80” microcode was working better than the stock one, slightly more performance and slightly lower temps.
Regarding hpet and tco best would be being able to choose to keep them enabled or disabled so I can do some testing in this regard.

Try this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbakjnq3z4wua4r/M11A.CAP?dl=0

Thanks

Ohh, OK, that means nothing to me, it’s not a valid microcode version so I have no clue what he meant. You’ll have to ask him directly what actual microcode version he means @FR33THY
Do you guys have same CPU? if not, then it may not matter. I can put in whatever you want, you just have to decide.

I agree, you being able to enable/disable HPET and or TCO would be best, but that may not be possible, due to what they’ve done with the BIOS.
I am not certain, and it may not apply to all Asus BIOS right now, but some it does, when the setting is made visible it’s not the one that actually controls if it’s enabled or disabled.
The real control is a always hidden debug one, or values stored in NVRAM (Which, I am not sure, would require extensive testing and multiple BIOS test/reflash etc from someone other than me that knows how to tell if those are enabled or disabled in windows)

@Lost_N_BIOS hi man, thanks for helping me out, the microcode i was talking about should be 0x80, fr33thy used it on his 8086k since i have an 8700k i think should be compatible.

Also sorry i linked you the wrong bios, can we work on this one? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3pr4p2knbhc72…cSqiPwGwNa?dl=0

That is not a microcode ID or version, so still have no idea what you want here. Yes, both 8086K and 8700K have same CPUID 906EA, so use same microcode
If you mean version 00000080, I don’t have that as it’s VERY old version (Before Jan 2018), oldest one I have is 00000084 (1/21/18). I don’t suggest either of those, but if you want 00000080 you’ll have to link me to a BIOS that contains this.
Latest is 000000BA (4/30/19)

How are you going to flash this mod BIOS?

@Lost_N_BIOS hi, is possible that I’m referring to that 00000080 microcode since I’d like to have a non Spectre patched mc. Also fr33thy was very very kind to send me his modded bios which has hpet and tco visible and should also have that mc. I flashed that bios with afudos.exe and an USB drive.

Unfortunately after flashing hpet and tco are visible and working, don’t know why but mc is still the same as before which is the Rev. 0x9A (from cpuz) instead of his non patched one

That’s pretty much what happened, if you need anything else let me know and big thank you

Yes, that is old enough to be a non-spectre one I think. How did you flash that BIOS? Sounds like you didn’t check the boot block box, or didn’t use /B flag, if using AFU

@Lost_N_BIOS I just put the bios .rom file and afudos.exe on a bootable drive, after booting it I executed AFUDOS.exe BIOS.rom /GAN don’t know if I did something wrong

Do it again >> AFUDOS BIOS.rom /B /GAN

This type of flashing is VERY bad on Z390 motherboard, this board best flashed via FPT dump, edit, then reflash. If you use someone else BIOS, or stock BIOS and AFU /GAN you will loose your UUID, serial, and other board specific info.
If you flashed his BIOS and it was a dump he edited, then you now have his serial/UUID, if he gave you a stock edited BIOS, then you now have no serial/UUID

* Edit 3, and for this board, you don’t need to use AFU or FPT, just use USB Flashback. Nothing can be done to correct this now, unless you made a backup first.
Well, I can fix in BIOS for you, but I need images from all stickers on your board, original UUID is lost forever if you do not have a previous backup, a new one will have to be generated

Ok I’ll try that thanks, still afudos.exe or only afudos?

See my edit above. You can use AFUDOS.exe or AFUDOS without exe = same/same

Ok, I’ll try that this afternoon, thanks man I’ll let you know how it ends

OK, good luck! See my further edits on previous post too. Unsure why FREETHY would have you using AFUDOS at all, let alone some old ES version meant for boards/BIOS from YEARS ago (Like 8+ years ago)
These boards have USB Flashback, mod BIOS can always be flashed with USB Flashback.

@Lost_N_BIOS hi I read your edits, I still have my second bios untouched, if there’s a way to extract the bios I can give you that one to get IDs and stuff

@Cancretto - does your board have a BIOS switch, where you can switch from using one BIOS, to using the other instead? If yes, switch to the other and dump the BIOS region (FPTw -bios -d name.bin) and GbE (FPTw -gbe -d gbe.bin) region with FPT
If the board does not have this switch, the only way to do it would to physically switch the chips and then do as mentioned above. If you do this, order a $1 U Type Flat IC extractor on ebay first, otherwise you can easily damage the BIOS legs upon removal attempt.

@Lost_N_BIOS yeah my board has a bios switch, didn’t understand exactly how to extract bios though

@Cancretto - I mentioned above how to do this. Sorry, I did assume you already knew about FPT

Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.
Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section “C” download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command and send me the files >>
FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin
FPTw -gbe -d gbe.bin

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c…creators-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-…menu-windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-…ator-privileges

@Lost_N_BIOS hi man, thanks a lot for your help I’ll try your method asap but i’m currently in the middle of a project on the pc so can’t do that now. Hopefully for the next week I’ll be done with that.
Have a nice day man :slight_smile:

This would not interrupt your project, but if you needed to reboot or something and can’t I understand, no rush on my end anyway

I am an ignorant Japanese Can you make something that can be used at 9900k?