Oh no, I’m not using anything else than my own dumps. What I’m trying to say is that I think whatever method ends up working in unlocking the hidden bios menu will work in both models and probably any other model that has this bios structure.
I see… so the problem is very deep
Yeah, tbh I’m kinda shocked that the regular methods don’t work, it makes no sense this computers are special.
They would’ve worked if Asus didn’t add the function which deletes forms from the HII data. I didn’t know such function exist until genius239 appeared. Surprised to see him back after nearly a year of no posting.
So there’s no point in trying to suppress, change form ids and all the usual methods? I don’t understand what it means that they delete the forms from the HII data, that’s above my pay grade. Thank you and genius for your posts, those were very helpful.
Apparently they did it so that it wouldn’t be changed. It’s always like that, companies that just want to make their products obsolete so they can sell more and more expensive products.
They make sense if you want to access forms other than 2710, 2747, 27DE, 2712, 2713, 2715, 271A. If you want to get to 2712, which is Advanced tab, you need to apply more changes to AMITSE.
This means the forms are present in bios image, but not copying from ROM (eeprom) to RAM. This explains why nothing happens when clicking on Setup link in the first mod from me. The form simply doesn’t exist, so nothing opens.
The eprrom will arrive between March 17th and April 11th, this takes time…
The EPROM has arrived, I’ll try to re-record the BIOS today, after work, send your test files again so I can be sure of what to test later.
here.
Looking forward to you unlocking this thing and having a method for this types of BIOS, I was going to risk it first but since you can now recover with a programmer that I don’t have I decided to wait.
@Sweet_Kitten Is this a bios file? I took it from what is currently written on the chip, I have doubts if this is really the bios chip…
idontknow.rar (5.5 MB)
Yes, this is the right one.
@Sweet_Kitten Okay, I’ll write the dump.bin to the chip, okay?
Up to you. You can write the file I posted, or try fixing the dump on your own.
Dump.bin is the backup I made before modifying the BIOS.
Didn’t know you did that. I only recall the region.bin file.
Go ahead then.
Yes guysq For a second I had a heart attack, even though the BIOS was rewritten (it was RAM memory, and it worked The re-recording, but I haven’t tested other files yet…)
@genius239 Your mod worked, what did you do???
@Sweet_Kitten
Your mod doesn’t, but how did Genius manage it?
I think he changed that…


