[REQUEST] BIOS-Mod Unlock BIOS Acer Aspire One 722

[REQUEST] BIOS-Mod Unlock BIOS Acer Aspire One 722

Hello, I’ve got an older Acer Aspire One 722 with an InsydeH20 BIOS, Rev. 3.5, and would like to all locked Menus unlocked so I could change/adjust settings to get most out of that machine. Right now there one: Information/Main/Security/Boot/Exit Menus available.

-Manufacturer: Acer Aspire One AO722-0473 Model P1VE6
-Motherboard Model: Acer JE10-BZ
-Bios revision: 1.11
-Bios Type: InsydeH20 BIOS
-Bios Download Link: https :// global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.11_A_A.zip?acerid=634883888728307449&Step1=NETBOOK,%20CHROMEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE%20ONE&Step3=AO722&OS=ALL&LC=th&BC=ACER&SC=AAP_7

Thanks a lot for any help.

@Quaxth - Please do the following below, send me file from #1, and tell me what error you get at #2
Also, do the stuff below spoiler, and include those files with file #1 from spoiler. This BIOS I can unlock probably

Also, now you can post links, please link me to the BIOS download page, not the direct BIOS download (above link is 404, even if I cut right to zip)

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

Also, dump vars/NVRAM >>
Please download the following package, and run the command below from each versions folder that directly contains it’s exe. Before doing this, make sure you have secure boot disabled in BIOS, any BIOS password removed, and TPM/Encryption disabled.
Once done, copy the entire folder somewhere, delete everything but any created vars.txt and then repackage this and send to me, this way all created vars.txt remain in place in the folders of the version that created them.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8v98ya

H2OUVE.exe -gv vars.txt

@Lost_N_BIOS : Thanks for your answer.

First at all: I’m not a programmer, neither a native English speaker! I’m Thai with basic English knowledge and quite good German language knowledge.

Regarding that used BIOS, the download page at acer for the Aspire One AO722 is as follow: https://www.acer.com/ac/th/TH/content/su…roduct/3658?b=1 and the installed Version is 1.11. The System Bios Version is 11.240 (according to HWInfo64v6.30).

About to follow your advice of to dump the needed data, I’m just a total Noob! That said, and before I go further I would frankly ask if its possible for you to access that laptop by RAdmin remotely with full access include the ability ti remotely Restart the Laptop as often as needed? If that would be possible, I would setup the AO722 with a different HDD and just the needed apps installed like Windows 10 64bit 2004, HWInfo 6.30, Chrome and whatelse you need and send you the required access data by PM. The AO722 would be powered On as long as needed for you to do the job. Please let me know ASAP that could be possible.

For now, a BIG Thanks for your effort to help.

@Quaxth - You’re welcome! It’s OK, you speak English well enough here that I did not notice, so I think you do good at it

Are you saying that you can’t follow along with the stuff I wrote out above? I am not sure it’s possible to do what you mentioned.
Wait, is this AMD CPU system? If yes, then above FPT spoiler stuff does not apply, can’t be used etc (That is for Intel CPU system only) You can still dump vars/NVRAM for me though.

We may be able to use the stock DOS flash tool (Flashit) to flash in mod BIOS, you may have to try, show me error if any, then I edit the tool and you try again.
Or, similarly, we can try with stock windows flash tool as well, then you show me error and I edit to bypass it. When you flash BIOS from windows, does it ask you to reboot before it flashes, or does it flash right then, and then reboots

@Lost_N_BIOS : Thanks for answer.

OK, I’ll try the dump later because I’m a bit busy ATM. I’ll also send an PM to you and attach a Word Doc and some file I created last night.

And just to tell, that AO722 use a AMD C60 CPU and AMD Chipset AMD FCH (Hudson-1) + SB810/SB850; 4GB DDR3 RAM (wich I’ll update to 8GB after I’ve a modded BIOS!); SSD Samsung 750 EVO, 250GB.

For now I’ve to close and will come back later with more details.

Thanks again.

@Lost_N_BIOS :

Any good news?

If need, the Netbook is online and reachable for the Planet Earth!

Thanks a lot and have a good weekend.

Hi,
still waiting for some answer and info about the may available progress?

If it could not be done, please let me know ASAP!

Thank you very much for any reply.

Please see “Annex” section at end of post #1 here, this is how you dump and reflash AMD BIOS, if this does not work on that system you need flash programmer like CH341A + SCOI8 / SOP8 test clip with cable
[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

Can you dump BIOS with this method?

Thanks for that answer.

The BIOS of the AD722 isn’t an AMD BIOS it’s an InsydeH20 V3.5 1.11, see pic here: https://i.postimg.cc/KjyfLXHW/Main-Off-13.png. It’s an original BIOS downloaded from the Acer Support Website for the AO722 Netbook.

Question: is it possible to reflash the BIOS with an older Version, let say 1.07 or 1.04 using the Insyde Flash tool? I ask that because I may could get an unlocked BIOS from Russia or Poland I think!

Thanks for any fast answer.

@Quaxth - This is AMD BIOS, since you have AMD CPU, otherwise it would be Intel BIOS.
Insyde is just the type of AMD BIOS it is, you need to try to dump BIOS how I mentioned above, or order a flash programmer kit if you cannot use Flashrom method from the “Annex” section of the bottom of first post on the thread I linked at #8

Sorry, I don’t know how to force downgrade for Insyde BIOS, often the platform.ini it reads is the one inside BIOS chip on reboot, so editing the one in stock package or stock fd does not help
It may let you, did you try flashing the 1.07 BIOS? * Edit - Wait, I see, I can use 1.04 or 1.07 included flash tools and make you BIOS 1.11 to flash in, please wait if you are reading this now, I am editing BIOS and making you mod package now

* Edit @Quaxth - Here, please unpack and run insydeflash.exe, browse to included BIOS file if necessary
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…706389217752921

Hi,
I just back home and was read all you wrote. Thanks a lot!

I’ll download the modded BIOS a bit later, after dinner, and a bit of relaxation after a quite terrible day today! Let you know later the outcome in detail.

Again, thanks a lot for everything done already!

Cheers!
--------------------------

Hi,
ok, I’d ‘upgraded’ the BIOS already and it works very well and fine! Thanks a lot for that.

Everything was working just fine with no problems. The first start after the flashing was needed about 3min, should be just normal. After that starting is quite well on that very low power CPU withy Turbo-Speed of 1.36GHz x 2! The CPU runs most of the time at 90-100% but still didn’t get too hot. That’s maybe because of the use of an SSD of 250GB!

Now I having some questions about if it’s maybe possible to enable more functions of the BIOS. Running Hwinfo/Motherboard/SYMBIOS DMI/BIOS there a lot of features REDed out and shown as Not Present. Could some of them enable as well like: Plug-and-Play-Support, Virtual Machine, and some others? Please take a look at the picture here: https://i.postimg.cc/DmkjPTVX/AO722-1.png

About those ZE7 BIOS, I’ll send a PM with all Infos.

Anyway, Thanks a lot for your work and the next one is already on waiting for to do the same, it’s an eMachines EM350 Nav51 Netbook!

OK, after this one, I’ll write the PM for you too!

Cheers!

@Quaxth - Sorry for the late reply!
Plug and play may be a BIOS setting, not sure, do you see it anywhere in there? I checked, do not see, sorry
Virtual Machine (VMX), if your cpu supports it, should also be visible in the BIOS, you’d need to enable it. (I checked, it’s not a setting, so system may not be able to use, even if CPU Supports it)
None of the other stuff in your image is important for anything, or is not BIOS settings etc (hardware related)

I will check other thread now, but be ready, emachine BIOS usually not much there to reveal (if anything) And, if AMD, may not be possible, safely, until you get flash programmer.

OK, thanks for PM, I will check it soon (inbox still scary )

Regarding those ‘extra’ setting, I saw them in Hwinfo as checking the BIOS Features, under Motherboard. That’s why I was asking about the possibility of enabling such features.

Thanks a lot for your effort!

I know this is an old thread but id like to control the fan speed of my acer ao722. Is that unlocked bios possible for fan speed adjustment? 100% all the time would be fine with me its too hot. Not to mention can we overclock the amd c-50 beyond 1ghz?

No.

Acer Aspire One 722

Unfortunately, Lost_N_BIOS is obsolete for quite some time already, and I hope it’s nothing bad to him!

Ok, regarding your questions, I use an Aspire One 722 with C60 AMD CPU, so all I could tell is about that machine.
With the unlocked BIOS I use, I could enable the Fan-Speed Control and set it to Auto. For my own, I had disabled the Fan-Speed Control for a simple reason, I’d set the CPU in Windows 10 Pro to High Performance, and the C60 CPU runs at 1330 MHz x 2, with 4GB of RAM at this moment. Normally I’ve 8GB installed but I needed that Module for another Laptop just now and will get next week another 8GB for the 722 again. The HDD is a Samsung SSD with 250GB.
The installed Windows is a 'special version of Windows 10 Pro 21H1, it’s called RevisionPC. You may take a look at the website of this version at https://revi.cc! You could download this ReviOS for free. Just read the explanation on their website what it really is. Works excellent on a low-powered netbook, much better than the full Windows 10 from MS!

If have more questions, just ask. Hope you like what I just wrote! Have a great weekend, Cheers.

Hello!
Could someone please make the modified bios available?
Thank you!

Hello.
It is available to everyone on the Internet.