[Request] BIOS Unlock - Acer Predator Helios PH315-53

Thanks But it worked in a less way

Mean

1. the smokeless way (non persistant)
    Gofile - Your all-in-one storage solution

2. Your Way(@Sweet_Kitten )
    Gofile - Your all-in-one storage solution

also the SmokeLess Way enable some extra options in advance menu 1

I know. I include much more patterns in configs for SREP.

Are they necessary? Turning on OC feature unlocks Throttlestop.

I mean it’s something good to have like unlocking the xtu tweaking the cpu etc and throttlestop not work in linux/unix based systems

how did you get this patters like 0A82140A0800020000000100
i think it’s hex i fired up a hex editor and cant find any thing (still Learning, newbie)
any help suggestion or guide towards the bios modding (just want to learn)
searched online previously but always comes back to zero

i tried also made all the listed patches in SREP to the bios.bin , but sience i don’t have a spi programmer or a spare i can’t take the risk maybe some day if you got interested then you can made all the changes from SREP to your Script

I converted the .cfg content to the one readable by UEFIPatch.

It can be done in 3 steps and manual correction of the last line.

Batch replace

Op Patch Pattern
with
FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670 10 P:

new line (OD 0A)
with
:

3A 46 45
with
0D 0A 46 45

I updated the script on GDrive.

Hello @Sweet_Kitten I really hope you’re still active. I’m just a regular laptop user and I kinda need some help with my laptop’s bios. It’s an acer predator helios 300 PH315-53 with a locked bios. Would you mind helping me unlocking its advance options? I’d really appreciate it! I was just hoping to be able to squeeze out some more performance out of it by activating the xmp profile before actually replacing the laptop. When you have time, just let me know what steps to take. Thanks!

Hi @Sweet_Kitten it’s me again. I read everything in this thread and I think I know what to do now. The only problem is, I don’t have access to your RuntimeEPIPatcher tool yet. My github email is clrobles1994gmail.com I appreciate you!

The tool is not mine work.
The download link is available from the tool’s dev repository. I even linked the page with tutorial in my repo.

Oh got it. For some reason, the link is giving me that “404 This is not the web page you are looking for” error message. Maybe the owner deleted it?

You’re right, he deleted it. Didn’t know that.
New link and file: https://github.com/cygwynd/SmokelessRuntimeEFIPatcher#how-to-use-it,
0.1.4c.zip (8.3 KB)

Thanks! Am I good to go? Just boot from USB drive? I’m backing up my bios before doing this.

The efi file is placed incorrectly. You need only 2 files, efi and cfg.

@Sweet_Kitten Sorry, I must be doing it all wrong. Would you still be able to mod it manually? How much would you charge for the service? I hope this question doesn’t offend you. I’m just kinda desperate.

I’m not interested.

@Sweet_Kitten Hi! I finally made it to work! And, you were right! The efi file was placed incorrectly but, for some reason, changing the ram’s maximum frequency from 2933 to 3200mhz won’t apply and it somehow reverts back to its original values after saving and booting up to windows. Didn’t find any xmp profile too only default and custom. Is it possible that the rams are just really stuck at @2933mhz? Didn’t touch anything else on there cause I didn’t want it to end up bricking.

2933 it’s cpu limitation. Intel Core i7-10750H Specs | TechPowerUp CPU Database

I just realized I have the regular samsung non-xmp rams right now which probably explains why I can’t switch from 2933mhz to another frequency and or enable xmp profile as the bios is only reading from the default profile it initially generated for these modules the moment the ram was installed plus, it didn’t generate an xmp profile for it due to the fact that the ram doesn’t support xmp in the first place. So, I guess my only option now is to get an actual ram that supports xmp and runs at atleast 3200mhz so I can switch its profile from default to xmp 1 or 2 in bios. The guy in this thread did it and it actually worked with benchmarks 2019 Helios 300 PH315-52 and DDR4-3200 — Acer Community